View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next
 Prison Escape: Episode 1 

Post Re: Coalition Base #836-AOC - Full-Fledged Mission!
Like if your shooting the generator...
"You didn't free the last guy!"
that kinda thing would be nice.

Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:45 pm
Profile WWW

Wah, I went through all the trouble of going up and digging gold to get a rape laser to dig through the base. Did all that, and when it was time to finally beat it and escape (I have yet to beat this mission), the DS like, obliterated one dude on it's way down and knocked another back into the base.

Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:08 pm

Or if you didn't free a guy you could say "You didn't free the last guy, but that's not your problem any more!"

And a more action packed version would be very satisfying, I'm quite happy you'd go out of your way to do such a thing.

Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:16 pm

so basically, the conclusion is the ventilation sections should be shorter, and you should have some more violent areas. also damnit dropship! youre supposed to rescue me, not blow me apart ><

Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:20 pm
Profile WWW

I agree with Geti about the dropship. Making the dropship hover above and allowing the player to take control of the units to fly into the dropship would be a much better alternative for me, although it would likely require more coding and complications. Right now with the spacing between the units, the dropship is very liable to kill one when trying to pick up another.

Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:50 am
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Sadly, I can't make the drop ship hover with its doors open. I could make the abduction beam larger so you could pick them up from further, though.
Also, remember that the engines can't hurt your teammates, so don't worry about them too much.
Almost done the action version, and then I'll begin to fix a few things with the original as well.

Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:00 am
Profile WWW

Well, im gonna try both of them then the normal stealth mission and the full Action one XD

I like Stealth Missions in most games as long as people cant imediatly know where you are the instant to reload XD

Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:14 am

This is awesome! Too bad I have only 6 minutes to beat it though. On my best run, I made it to the reactor and blew it up, but then I didn't have enough time left to get out of the base before it blew up.

Still, I love it. The map itself is very nice, the coding even more. Very nice!

Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:25 am

Looks good enough for me, testing it now.

Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:53 pm
Moderator Hero

I think this is really a milestone for CC, an actual community made mission that's a lot of fun to play, with some wicked implementation of scene based Lua scripting. I know Lord Tim's done the rocket races, they're fun but the whole sneak-around-and-then-shoot-the-shit-out-things hasn't been done, or at least to this standard... It's awesome.

Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:21 pm

Im not sure if its works, but you can make the 1,22mb explosion sound file turned into an .ogg. Its much lighter and would nicely decrease the size atleast a little.

Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:08 pm

Awesome map! I to love the stealth put into it. I can't wait until The action one comes out as well. :wink:

The first time I played I had a lot of reactions to the codes. I didn't know much about the grenades, so I thought I could just jump down and pick them up.... BOOOM!!! The dude spawned, and I was thinking "AWESOME! Respawn."

I ended up dying at the end by those snipers. The second time my strategy changes and when I get to the two hatches with the snipers above, I go in and kill them then. Later when I'm running from the explosion, I don't have to worry about them. I also have some trouble with the cannon gaurd, and the second flame gaurd.

This mission was really good, and enjoyable. I was hoping for a jail breaker! :grin: I might make some POW actors for the mission.

Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:58 pm

The only problem I saw was when I died with the weps I bought, they didnt respawn with me =C

Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:14 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

It only saves the weapons that come with the level, so anything outside won't be coming back.
Also, sorry about the delay on the extra action version, there are some problems with it that may be related to my lack of RAM or may be a genuine problem (read: People exploding, ventilation panels thinking they're humans)

Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:06 pm
Profile WWW

I dont understand what you mean by vent panels acting human, but could you tell me how to make it so the mission will save weapons from outside the scene ?_?

Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next