View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Mission: Front Line at Menou 

Post Re: Mission: Front Line at Menou
Can you post the code files you have modified for us to inspect?

Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:42 pm
Profile WWW

you'll have to include the darkstorm files in base.rte or menou.rte for it to be able to see darkstorm troops and weapons, due to the way CC is set up. it would be great if data would find a better workaround for this..
i raged so hard the first time that happened lol. nicely made scene though. i just altered the angularvel of the drop crate :-o

Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:10 pm
Profile WWW

Your map, it bugs me.
"Abortion in file . \system\reader.cpp, line 530, because:
Referring to an instance ('Compact Rifle') to copy from that hasn't been defined! in Menou.rte/scenes/menou.ini at line 165!
The last frame has been dumped to 'abortscreen.bmp'"

The error, in it's exact words.
I got another error too. I deleted one of my mods and it vanished though, so I suppose something was wrong there. (Anything containing the words "abortion" and "Dummyz.rte" must be dealt with. Quickly.)

I can has answers?
I really want to try out this map.

EDIT:
Well, congratu-frigging-lations.
Your map has just destroyed my Cortex Command.
It's now groaning about revolver cannon instances that don't exist :-( .

Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:32 pm

Mattie2009 wrote:
Your map, it bugs me.
"Abortion in file . \system\reader.cpp, line 530, because:
Referring to an instance ('Compact Rifle') to copy from that hasn't been defined! in Menou.rte/scenes/menou.ini at line 165!
The last frame has been dumped to 'abortscreen.bmp'"

The error, in it's exact words.
I got another error too. I deleted one of my mods and it vanished though, so I suppose something was wrong there. (Anything containing the words "abortion" and "Dummyz.rte" must be dealt with. Quickly.)

I can has answers?
I really want to try out this map.

EDIT:
Well, congratu-frigging-lations.
Your map has just destroyed my Cortex Command.
It's now groaning about revolver cannon instances that don't exist :-( .

Sure you did not delete Coalition.rte, Dummy.rte, Missions.rte and/or Ronin.rte?
Because they are not mods but part of the game. If you have deleted Coalition.rte you will get that error

Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:28 pm
Banned

It's not compact rifle, it's compact assault rifle. Also, dummy pistol doesn't work, so you have to make do with base.rte pistols. Change in the .ini. Also, change dumy sniper to sniper rifle and dummy blaster to blaster.
EDIT: Managed to get it all fixed. I need some freeware compression files for mac to upload though. Anyone got a link?

I also got a darkstorm version working, you need the DarkStorm mod for it, but it does work. It's eve got the droppod and the darkstorm equivs of the sniper, comapct assault and auto pistols where they should be at the start of the lvl.

Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:32 pm

Czar Leopold wrote:
Am I the only person who got the Captain Sepoy joke?

Yes, or we didn't notice it. Where's it from?

Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:11 am

i laugh at the fact that people come in, proclaim a mod "doesn't work" when people are using it without errors, and then decide the mod has broken their game.
also, an official edit that altered the AngularVel of the drop crate would be a brilliant thing to happen.

Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:36 am
Profile WWW

why is there no actor in the scene???
i start it from the mission menu and it loads perfectly...
but there is no actor...
do i do somthink wrong???

Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:01 am
Banned

vagyr wrote:
why is there no actor in the scene???
i start it from the mission menu and it loads perfectly...
but there is no actor...
do i do somthink wrong???

A drop crate comes from above, si? So it gets embedded in the mud really bad and doesn't open, therefore, no actor.
I recommend changing it to darkstorm, there pod doesn't stick in the ground, and it gibs to open so its all together better. I got a darkstorm v working, with the dummy weapons and everything. Anyway, if anyones having trouble with a bunch of weapons saying they havent been defined, change the following in the .ini:
Look for compact rifle and change to (compact) assault rifle
Look for dummy pistol and change to dummy.rte/pistol
Look for dummy blaster and change to blaster
Look for dummy sniper and change to sniper rifle (But not before you've found sniper rifle and chnaged it to coalition.rte/sniper rifle)
And if you want it to be easier then remove the dreadnoughts and replace with dummies. I find the experience is much better with Darkstorm really, but you need to change the .lua to get it.

Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:56 pm

exacly!!!
it sinks so deep in the sand than gets destroied!!!
it is realy annoing...
should i change the code or should i whait for another release???

Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:02 pm
Banned

Try changing it to darkstorm pod. Darkstorm works better. I assume you have it. It gibs to open so use that. It loads D before M so it wil load fine. What you want to do is change it from ("Drop Crate", "Dummy.rte") to ("D82 Raiju", "DarkStorm.rte") in the .lua. Assuming you have the DarkStorm mod that should fix it. If you want to play it all darkstorm then I have a fully recoded Darkstorm menou mission. I even fixed the weapon problem so that the dummys use their own weapons and you get a darkstorm D35-S Carbine, D17-S Pistol and a D7 AMSR(Sniper rifle). If you want I'll change it to any DSTech, AAL or Darkstorm weapon, make any craft drop the guy in or make them be any guy. I am really doing some fiddling here.
EDIT: I finally finished it, no victory thing or anything. Is it because I changed the droppod, actor and local weapon to darkstorm? I dunno...
EDIT NUMBER 2: I found out how to .zip my files. Sorry but I don't know how to .rar them. You can still unzip a zipped folder, so don't moan. Hope you don't mind. Anyone with their computer moaning about weapons being undefined or something should download this. I think it may only be macs, in which case you should stick it to the front page with MAC USERS DOWNLOAD plastered all over it. I can change to it being dropped in a dropship, but then you don't get the lives thing I think.
EDIT NUMBER 3: I also got the fixed Darkstorm version working, you don't get a YOU IS FTW message at the end but you at least get a guaranteed successful landing and silenced weapons.

Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:59 pm

Bladecat4 wrote:
Try changing it to darkstorm pod. Darkstorm works better. I assume you have it. It gibs to open so use that. It loads D before M so it wil load fine. What you want to do is change it from ("Drop Crate", "Dummy.rte") to ("D82 Raiju", "DarkStorm.rte") in the .lua. Assuming you have the DarkStorm mod that should fix it. If you want to play it all darkstorm then I have a fully recoded Darkstorm menou mission. I even fixed the weapon problem so that the dummys use their own weapons and you get a darkstorm D35-S Carbine, D17-S Pistol and a D7 AMSR(Sniper rifle). If you want I'll change it to any DSTech, AAL or Darkstorm weapon, make any craft drop the guy in or make them be any guy. I am really doing some fiddling here.
EDIT: I finally finished it, no victory thing or anything. Is it because I changed the droppod, actor and local weapon to darkstorm? I dunno...
EDIT NUMBER 2: I found out how to .zip my files. Sorry but I don't know how to .rar them. You can still unzip a zipped folder, so don't moan. Hope you don't mind. Anyone with their computer moaning about weapons being undefined or something should download this. I think it may only be macs, in which case you should stick it to the front page with MAC USERS DOWNLOAD plastered all over it. I can change to it being dropped in a dropship, but then you don't get the lives thing I think.
EDIT NUMBER 3: I also got the fixed Darkstorm version working, you don't get a YOU IS FTW message at the end but you at least get a guaranteed successful landing and silenced weapons.

ERROR:

D7 AMSR not found at line 153!!

Also OP, ♥♥♥♥ YOU. THIS IS HARD AS ♥♥♥♥.

Really, AT LEAST give me grenades, or more soldiers, or lives, or something!

Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:14 am

fixed version:

Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:26 am
Profile WWW

Easy to fix hardness:
Code:
ActivityMan:GetActivity().Lives = [insertliveshere]

Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:12 am

Wow, this mission got much better since the first time it was released.
However, I beat it with only one guy...

well... almost, but I would have anyways. ♥♥♥♥ door gibs mutilated my head.

In anycase I'd say it was a bit dull and could use more things like sniper towers at the top, ventilation shafts here and there, armory(s), maybe even prison cells with dead people and free ronin guns with them.

And some of the shafts are just too annoying and long, you should make them be more taller and have stuff to duck behind cover or atleast have a place where you can retrieve a concrete sprayer to make your own covers and such.

Then since Cortex Command is about squad gameplay and base defence/assaulting, I'd be great if you had a tiny base instead of a cave that you also have to defend while your troops advance and actually be able to buy stuff and such. Maybe there can be no resources to dig, so you'd have a preset amount of money or a mining cave with a certain amount of gold you can dig out and so on.

That would enable for more interesting gameplay. You can take 3 soldiers and form them up as a team and attack the fortress or seperate them and control them individually as a team or something.

And finally, heavy weapons plz.

Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next