View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Codename: C-storm B23 Compat. + New Versions (DevBalls) 
A HUMAN BRAIN, SAFELY INSULATED FROM THE TERRORS OF HYPERSPACE

Location: Somewhere beyond the endless sea of hyperspace, fighting for your right to call a planet home.
Post Codename: C-storm B23 Compat. + New Versions (DevBalls)
Quite possibly the best idea that anyone has ever had ever. ♥♥♥♥ penicillin.

On a remote desert planet, a strange phenomenon occurs quite frequently. So frequently, in fact, that special radar systems far outside the reach of the often lusted after gold fields where it occurs, can detect the imminent arrival of what many locals are referring to as 'C-storm'.

Will you brave the C-storm, and return home, rich with the spoils of victory? No one else dares challenge you here.

It is just you. Against the storm.

Credits:

TheLastBanana - ♥♥♥♥ near everything
Cambiogris - Desert Night scene
Yours Truly - I just kinda ♥♥♥♥ with the code a bit and TLB told me to release it because he didn't feel like it right now.
The Decaying Soldat - Reuploading the original .Rar
Foogooman - Converting to B23

No pictures of the C-Storm: Don't want to ruin it for anybody. More then welcome to help yourself to the Desert Night screencaps though.

Note: Above picture is just Cambiogris' original scene with a couple of bunker modifications. Go nuts. A base like that might just serve you well.

EDIT: RUN THIS MAP IN CAMPAIGN. Also you can't build a base. Might fix that today.

EDIT REDUX: Type 'intensity = 1' into the console to maximize the storm power. Any number between 1 and 0 will do. Default is 0.5.

EDIT REDUX DIRECTORS CUT: V2 Released. Bunker building now doable.

EDIT NECRO STUFF: Thanks to Foogooman for B23 conversion. And here I thought this little gems run was through.

B-Storm, (♥♥♥♥) courtesy again of Foogooman. (B23 compat.)

Thanks again to Foogooman for his continued additions. Now raining heat seeking laser sharks at a desert near you.

Foogooman, again, with randomly appearing Devastator Balls.

Attachments:
File comment: Thanks to The Decaying Soldat for reuploading. (THIS IS THE B22 VERSION, DOWNLOAD ACCORDINGLY.)
ohgodwhatishappeninghowdidthisgetherev2.rar [198.26 KiB]
Downloaded 2699 times

Last edited by Dauss on Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:26 am, edited 11 times in total.

Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:33 am

Post Re: Codename: C-storm
looks interesting ill check it out

1st post ♥♥♥♥ ya first post faggotry

Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:41 am

It, well, it doesn't work. I mean it does, and it doesn't.

Loading the map from Campaign doesn't give me the option to build a bunker, but the, uh, C-Storm (sweet merciful crap) triggers just fine. If I load it under Skirmish, I get no bunker building option, the storm doesn't trigger, and the AI blissfully fails at trying to assault my off-map brain.

So how do I get it to 'work'? Or is it primarily a template to use the scene editor on and then try to defend the base?

Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:58 am

You're obviously trying to maintain secrecy for those who haven't played it yet but I'll say this: The "C-storm" is the work of a genius. It was a little easier to survive compared to what I was expecting, and I would perfer it if there was a mission involved (such as gather X gold and return) but well done!

BlueMendari wrote:
Loading the map from Campaign doesn't give me the option to build a bunker, but the, uh, C-Storm (sweet merciful crap) triggers just fine. If I load it under Skirmish, I get no bunker building option, the storm doesn't trigger, and the AI blissfully fails at trying to assault my off-map brain.

I don't think you can build a bunker If there's already a brain, just dig for your life... Although, looking at the .lua file (most of it is far beyond me) but it says it should create a ronin actor and limit you to a certain landing zone, both of which it doesn't. Are these features that haven't been implemented or is something wrong?

Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:07 am

BlueMendari wrote:
It, well, it doesn't work. I mean it does, and it doesn't.

So how do I get it to 'work'? Or is it primarily a template to use the scene editor on and then try to defend the base?

You silly person, you're only meant to play it in campaign.

considering you're obviously new here/terminally dumb, I'll explain it for you:

the Storm only works in campaign mode because it's coded in Lua. In cortex command's current state, Lua is ONLY used for maps which are run in the campaign mode.

if you try to run it in skirmish, it ignores this code.

you get no bunker build menu because there is already a brain placed on the scene. The game does this assuming there's already a bunker on the map, and in this and most cases, there is.

next time ask politely what the problem is instead of declaring that it 'doesn't work.' Or elitest, impatient bastards like me will flame your balls off.

On a side note, can't wait to test this!!

Try to be a bit more tactful, Exalion

Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:23 am

about to go off and test, but the issue with a brain off screen should be fixed by the creator using lua to ignore brains. that way people can build in skirmish aswell.

Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:41 pm
Profile WWW

My attempts to change the crabs to explosives seem to be futile >_<'

Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:36 pm
Profile WWW

Aww, I was hoping it'd be something more than that. While incredibly funny the first time, I was expecting something more along the lines of an electrical storm preventing the use of aircraft, with some enemies on the map to kill. But oh well.

Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:55 pm

Post Re: Codename: C-storm (V2 Relased. Bunker Building)
The first time, I lol'd. The second time, I built a wall and watched it get eaten away. The third time, I meh'd.

This will be fun to edit.... :ccevil:

Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:51 pm

this map is pretty fun it just needs more. perhaps in another version replace the crabs with something else(like hail). and make it more stormlike, give it less wind and high sharpness hail or rain(lightning would be cool too)

Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:30 pm

My god...My robot army got ripped apart in seconds... It was like experiencing something like the ten disasters in ancient Egypt... God damn... No seriously, anyone who's in this desert is God damned. He's raining crabs unto us!!! Arrrgh!!

Love it :D

I want to ask, where to edit starting funds though, couldn't find it in the lua.

Also, I found that using ammo crates from bunker objects to make a wall works well as an active defense against the storm. It explodes upon contact, turning the crabs into smaller, slower pieces before hitting your actor.

Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:49 pm
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Post Re: Codename: C-storm (V2 Released. Bunker Building)
I still say that you need to use Tim's WeatherSystems but with +10 points of crab for this, Dauss.

Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:56 pm

This thing is hilarious.

Here I am expecting some kind of cloud of sharp glowing MOPixels but instead...

BAHAHAHAHA

10/10

Could you make a 2 player red vs green version? I'd love to be able to fight my brother than every 40 seconds or so 'ohshi---'

I know this can be done: the Klone soccer thing did it.

Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:29 am

um ok... wow

this is what i get when i start up your level...

Attachment:
Picture 1.png

Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:50 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

It's with the Mac version, all the Ronin Soldiers have different names, such as Mia, Brutus, Dafred, etc...

Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:32 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next