View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 theBends - Updated, Mar.30 

Post theBends - Updated, Mar.30
Or

CorteX-Com.: Terror from the Deep.

As the rush for gold expanded, many groups made attempts to expand the frontier to areas previously inaccessible. The Aquanaut Division was created to excavate gold submerged deep beneath the sea...

Attachment:
under the sea.PNG
under the sea.PNG [ 33.58 KiB | Viewed 14791 times ]

Included with the map is:
3 different weapons.
An aquatic grenade.
A drill.
A nautical exploration dummy, decked out in high-visibility yellow.
A submarine, to transport you to the murky depths.
An activities.ini

IN TIMES TO COME:
Concrete Sprayer analog.
Diver Clone.
Brain unit, geared in a hard metal diving suit.
Map Updates (abandoned sea lab, more sea plants, etc.)

Thanks to:
Nomis, for making the winter mountain map, which helped me figure out the damn custom textures.
Duh102 for being a bro and merging the .rtes.
Jcgrey2 for the neat shiny crabs.
gtaiiilc for the Bulkhead actor.

by the way if anybody has my gun pack, my SPANKY rocket, or my Leviathan robot plz send them to me xoxoxoxo

Attachments:
theBends.rte.rar [3.13 MiB]
Downloaded 1230 times
BulkHead.rte.rar [385.12 KiB]
Downloaded 932 times

Last edited by Charmless on Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:24 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:58 am

Post Re: theBends - Aquatic Adventure!
Wow!
Trying it out now, looks very impressive!

Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:34 am

I love it.

The harpoon gun doesn't quite DO anything though. I have to keep headshotting things over and over until it actually does anything.

Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:44 am

Alenth Eneil wrote:
The harpoon gun doesn't quite DO anything though. I have to keep headshotting things over and over until it actually does anything.

Yes, it has some reliability issues... If I set the particles to inherit velocity they tend to just bounce off the sides of ships, but if I don't then the particles can sort of go off any direction. I'll probably end up raising the speed of the harpoon so that just the force of the impact kills.

EDIT: Ok, I took the hollow-point harpoons we were previously using and loaded them with light explosives.
I also edited the Sub's description from the placeholder I forgot to change while I was at it. :P

Last edited by Charmless on Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:50 am

I haven't even shot the thing at craft, it has a hard enough time with vanilla actors.

Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:51 am

Dude nice job you really have to expand this into a huge mod I would play it every time I play CC also you should make alot of weapons with nice bubble effects.

Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:13 am

Haha!

Okay, this one's a winner fellas. Map is very fun, and very creative. I'll definitely be playing this one a lot.

Just one suggestion: Remove the fish from the background. Because they're static, it just looks weird. I know there's nothing you can do about that, but I'd rather have no fish than motionless fish. :P

And one bug: I'm not sure if this is a problem with the game or the map, but I haven't seen it before and it came up almost every time playing this map: Occasionally upon gibbing somebody, his bloody torso will bounce around randomly making grunting noises. It does this indefinitely, or until you destroy the torso with an explosion or heavy object.

Those are my only complaints. Ace job on this one, buddy!

Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:44 am

Doctor Mamba wrote:
Haha!

And one bug: I'm not sure if this is a problem with the game or the map, but I haven't seen it before and it came up almost every time playing this map: Occasionally upon gibbing somebody, his bloody torso will bounce around randomly making grunting noises. It does this indefinitely, or until you destroy the torso with an explosion or heavy object.

This happens in normal scenes too, but it's more common here because there's less gravity to keep the torso on the ground and make it come to rest.
I'll keep it in mind when I make the Diver Clones and try to keep it from happening.

also i like my fishie sprites ;_;

Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:55 am

He could make the fish their own layer (like clouds) and make them scroll really fast side-to-side.

Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:33 am

can you animate background layers?

Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:13 am
Profile WWW

Charmless wrote:
Doctor Mamba wrote:
Haha!

This happens in normal scenes too, but it's more common here because there's less gravity to keep the torso on the ground and make it come to rest.
I'll keep it in mind when I make the Diver Clones and try to keep it from happening.

also i like my fishie sprites ;_;

Sure, they're nice fishy sprites and everything, but they're kind of creepy. I'll be minding my own business, dropping rockets full of hand grenades of masses of enemies as they try to dig their way to my brain, and BAM! I notice a school of fish hovering silently in the distance. Watching.

Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:20 am

haha
The fish... They are always watching...

its like a tag line to a horror film.
i say ditch the fishes.
what would be really cool is an emitter that makes bubbles that float to the surface. The bubbles could just be glows. No contact.
that would actually be really cool...

Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:58 am

could you PLEASE make this a single .rte?

Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:20 am
Profile YIM WWW
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Add a scene wide area that automatically increases the air resistance of all particles.

Then I'll like it.

Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:14 pm

Location: In between your sister's legs, showing her how to use a... PS3 controller!
I'm making this into one .rte. I will post in due course. I am afraid I have no .rar capability, so it will be zip. Feel free to repost as a .rar.
EDIT: Here it is. The mod itself doesn't work for macs, so you'll have to try it out yourself and tell me if it worked. I have a mac, ergo I cannot test it. But I worked to get it all out, so I hope you enjoy the whole integrated thing:

Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next