View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 theBends - Updated, Mar.30 

Location: In between your sister's legs, showing her how to use a... PS3 controller!
Post Re: theBends - Aquatic Adventure!
Oh i understand now. My idea is still kwl though.

Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:39 pm

@vagyr: Well, default actors aren't really meant to be used on the map at all, what with their bullets and jetpacks. I tried to make an .ini that would only give the enemies the special underwater stuff, but the feature's new to me and i couldn't figure it out.
At any rate your concept, while good, would just make them explode into meat, which doesn't happen when people drown, last I checked. :lol:

@zombie: I was going to make a special crack in the ground that shot up bubbles, but I like your idea better. I can make it gib a giant pearl! :3

@Darlos: i dunno lol
Just resizing the background to whatever resolution you use would probably work. I shouldn't make it look bad or anything, it only uses a whole two colors.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:10 am

what if they are underwater in some great depth(the water presure will make you feel quite bad if you are 2.000 meters underwater).
maybe this concept would look more realistic.
sorry but that is all i can think of to make an underwater map...
also Flammablezombie's idea has somthing quite artistic(in otherwords it is cool)...

Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:24 pm

Location: In between your sister's legs, showing her how to use a... PS3 controller!
Make both charmless. And make the pearl a TDExplosive you can pick up and sell or treat like a Ronin rock!

Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:22 pm

Flammablezombie wrote:
Make both charmless. And make the pearl a TDExplosive you can pick up and sell or treat like a Ronin rock!

^ I like this idea, give them a high cost so that you can make money off of them.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:51 pm

for my own amusement I am combining the water from Lake Magilar( viewtopic.php?f=73&t=12159 )
and maybe add and edit Lord Tim's WeatherSystems™ tornado to make water currents and worlpools ( viewtopic.php?f=73&t=12707 ) when I get it all working I will post it here.

EDIT: I am having a BIG problem dropships keep exploding when going down any idea how to remedy this?

Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:18 pm
Profile WWW

You can try. But the water in Maligar Lake doesn't move. It's basically just a gravity pocket shaped like a lake.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:34 pm

When you put those green checks beside the things on the list "IN TIMES TO COME", does it mean that its finished and has been updated on to the download link, or that its almost complete?

Or it could me neither.

Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:49 am

Charmless wrote:
@vagyr: Well, default actors aren't really meant to be used on the map at all, what with their bullets and jetpacks. I tried to make an .ini that would only give the enemies the special underwater stuff, but the feature's new to me and i couldn't figure it out.
At any rate your concept, while good, would just make them explode into meat, which doesn't happen when people drown, last I checked. :lol:

To do this, block off spawn by forcing the AI to use a zero pixel spawn zone.
Now they can't spawn in anywhere.

Then use emitters to spawn.

Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:25 am

Shard wrote:
When you put those green checks beside the things on the list "IN TIMES TO COME", does it mean that its finished and has been updated on to the download link, or that its almost complete?

Or it could me neither.

The checkmarked items are complete, but the download is not yet updated.
I figured it'd be better to get a substantial amount of content and then update rather than constantly doing it every time I make a little tweak.

Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:04 pm

Excellent map. The underwater atmosphere is great, and the actors really complement it. The harpoon gun is okay, but I think you should either make the explosion slightly better or only use mass. Maybe even a separate gun for each.

The scene isn't quite immersive enough (which is understandable because it's just getting started) but it is a map of water so there's plenty of room for immersion. :) More plants (I'm thinking huge kelp and sargasso. Also coral.) and the like would increase the atmosphere, as would bubble emitters and ambient actors. Make the map start with a few crabs like the tutorial mission does. Underwater missions, of course, would be a blast.

Also the bubbles from the submarine and jetpacks would, I think, look cooler if they lasted a bit longer and floated. Speaking of a submarine, I think a horizontal ACRocket design that is unaffected by gravity would make for a good conventional submarine design.

All in all, good job and keep up the good work.

Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:19 pm

Oh, so the drill and the crabs are up next? Can't wait.

Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:34 pm

Is the Ambient crab just a recolored... crab, Or is like a whole new type of crab?

(like a spider crab, a mutant crab only found in that region, or a huge crab that can stand eye to eye with a coalitioon soldier ,etc.)

Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:40 pm

you could make a special group for these underwater actors and then have a scene-wide lua zone that makes the health of normal actors = 0 by using the pseudocode
Code:
for drowning in MovableMan.Actors do
if drowning.IsInGroup ~= water actors then
drowning.AddHealth = -100
end
end
surely?
apologies if the use of IsInGroup is invalid (it might be drowning:IsInGroup(water actors) ~= 1), its 220AM, im just about to go to sleep.
this will make drop-ships and rockets explode, sadly, but normal actors will just drop dead. you could even attach bubble emitters, for hilarity.

Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:20 pm
Profile WWW
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Why instantly make them dead? They should slowly die; -1 health per few seconds.

Also, to have it not kill dropships/rockets just and an !isingroup (craft) or something like that. I hardly think something capable of withstanding reentry is going to be bothered by some water.

Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next