View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Infinity Void 

Post Re: Infinity Void
I swear that it was mass + velocity and sharpness was just it's penetration power.

Goddamnit now I need to make a gun with massless bullets just to see what happens.

Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:00 pm

3 solid wrote:
I swear that it was mass + velocity and sharpness was just it's penetration power.

goddamnit now I need to make a gun with massless bullets just to see what happens.

you can't do mass = 0, either it will crash the game, or it can't have velocity. thats how I've made many of my weapons not rape maps, Mass = 0.00001 or less, with velocity of 120-300 and sharpness between 1 and 500. The result is that it can cut grass and sand and the rest of the map goes untouched, meanwhile actors are weaker than most dirt, and therefor still take wounds from velocity/sharpness, whatever the actual formula is. I'm pretty sure its just that the wound/terrain breaking formula is :
If Structural Integrity = X, and X < (Mass*Velocity) + (sharpness * velocity) then break.

I'm honestly just pulling this formula out of my ass, but I know sharpness is 100% dependent on velocity and not mass at all.

But for curiosity's sake, tell me what happens exactly with 0 mass, I haven't honestly done it for fear of crashing the game for no reason. I hate having to remove it from memory.

Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:50 am
Profile YIM WWW

Remind's me of half life's alien planet. forgot it's name, But looks kinda like it.

Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:05 am

Miles_T3hR4t wrote:
you can't do mass = 0, either it will crash the game, or it can't have velocity.

That is wrong.

I have seen massless bullets lots of times before, they did nothing bad like that.

Infact, I remember clearly now that setting a bullet's mass to 0.01 would reduce recoil to nearly nothing, and setting it to 0 would result in the gun being absolutely harmless. The bullets still moved, but they just bounced off of things.

I'm just going to test this out and see what actually happens instead of trying to work it out from memory.

EDIT: The bullets act normally, except they bounce off of everything. They can only cut through the weakest materials (skeleton remains, grass, etc.)

Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:18 pm

oh yeah! invasion invasion!
I need one all terrain test-map, and if it can be blue, perfect.
Thanks for develop and share dude, testing right now.

Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3