View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 King Assault Gamemode 

Post Re: King Assault Gamemode
Anyone is welcome to make maps for it, whether they be set on custom scenes, or just a bunker on grasslands.
It really isn't that hard, you just have to place down the required areas (listed in the assault.lua file)
If someone comes up with one they think is really cool, pm it to me and I might at some point stick it into the mod.

Sat May 02, 2009 7:08 pm

Location: In between your sister's legs, showing her how to use a... PS3 controller!
MP3 holds great potiential here.

Sat May 02, 2009 10:37 pm

the AI is coming a long a lot better now, as is my understanding of tables. its still not quite working, but i should be able to post it up pretty soon.

Sun May 03, 2009 12:18 am
Profile WWW

that's really cool.
do you know if it would be easily adaptable for different maps, or is it more designed for this one..
either way, I look forward to playing the AI.

Sun May 03, 2009 12:41 am

well, you need to set up waypoint areas and tables, but its fairly flexible. its just table iterators really.
coming soon, finally fixed my problem (they were going to the neighbouring areas rather than the area found, which as you can imagine caused kinda odd paths.), ill just clean everything up and add it.

Sun May 03, 2009 5:19 am
Profile WWW

bumpdate :)
here you go, pretty heavily commented, but please take note that it has a bad habit of making CC unstable (if someone can find out why, that would be good) and it isnt brilliant AI or anything, it doesnt have any real pathfinding algos, so.. be warned, theres lots of kinks to get rid of.
for the moment though, its been fun. i might work on it some more, but homework and zombies 2009 are my current focuses. if someone can take this further, kudos to them. more kudos and a bonus cookie to someone who makes this map's zone0 more AI compatible. using goto to get out of there is dangerous business.
in other news, this gametype is good fun.
EDIT: something is broken. i seem to have ♥♥♥♥ something, but i just loaded it and the algos were working fine, so i'll reupload.
EDIT2: now its not working again. im confused, but im going to sleep now. if someone could have a look and fiddle about and get it working reliably, that would be sweet. zz

Attachments:
File comment: fixed version.
King Assault.rte.zip [107.58 KiB]
Downloaded 322 times
Sun May 03, 2009 3:36 pm
Profile WWW

awesome, I gotta test this out

edit:
it seems you have a mac build version.
I've changed the names back to windows build 22 for all y'all windows people out there.
It seemed like it was playing well, except after like 3 minutes it got an error with table length being a nil value or something to that effect.
anyway, here is the windows version.

Attachments:
King Assault.rte.rar [103.11 KiB]
Downloaded 323 times
Sun May 03, 2009 5:00 pm

yeah, thats one of the instability issues. and yeah, im using the mac build resources.
i'll edit it tonight some more, for now im typing up a 1200 word investigative report. english is stupid <_<

Mon May 04, 2009 5:24 am
Profile WWW

Done! Now it just crashes randomly, hooray! you'll have to do the MakeActor replacements again, cause its been optimised. a lot of other stuff has been too, but not much commenting.. oh well. should work well enough. Notify me if you get any errors; it should print a lot of crap, so have a look. Also, put the actor in goto mode to see the lines drawn, which is cool.

Attachments:
File comment: now with extra working!
King Assault.rte.zip [115.29 KiB]
Downloaded 332 times
Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5