View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Zombie Defense -fixtastic- 

Post Re: Zombie Defense -fixtastic-
I tried to make a cool zombie, but after the torso/head I got bored an started splicing... So yeah.
What about making the zombies more zombie like?
I think:
Limbs should be relatively easy to take off, but do little damage to the zombie itself.
Body shots do moderate damage
When decapitated, zombies should continue to walk and whatnot for a second of two befoe falling (maybe make them last longer in later levels?)
But any body shot to a decapitated zombie should kill it.
Arms out shamble.

Does anyone have some pictures of some interesting zombie types I could attempt to sprite?

Attachments:
Zombienew.PNG
Zombienew.PNG [ 8.12 KiB | Viewed 16303 times ]
Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Hey all,
Sorry I was at a week long seminar taking a break from life.
Ive thought about it, and Ill finish this mod if I have you guys helping me still (you all are already, thank you) but after that, I think Im gonna be done for modding. For a while at least.

Thank you all again for contributing and helping with this mod :grin:

Here is what Im going to do:
My last update for the mod is what I would call "Zombie Defense" and that (as far as I'm concerned) is done.
Now, what I am working on now, I call "Zombie Survival" and its a completely different mission based mainly on Numgum's idea. This is what Ive been working on, and it has a separate story and everything.

@Grif
You could put the last update for Zombie Defense on the first post and say that the sequeal is WIP (Zombie Survival). Thanks

@Everyone else
I like all your guys' ideas and sprites, they all look great :grin:
This is what Ive come up with so far:
-The story is up to debate and can be changed at any time
-It is up to 4 players
-Im going to keep numgum's idea of buying things since if we had a basement full of items to unlock after a certain number of kills, wouldn't that be the same as zombie defense?
-Atm Im using the same background as Zombie Defense, but would like to change it since this one is not Zombie Defense

-Also, a special something:
Ive been making a pretty creepy song on FL Studio, I think Im going to incorporate it into this ZS scene :wink:

This is everything so far for Zombie Survival:
Attachment:
File comment: Sequeal to ZD, this is Zombie Survival! Not yet really playable.
Zombie Survival.rte.rar [3.82 MiB]
Downloaded 813 times

And guys, if youre going to edit or add more things using files already existing in the mod, please keep the filepaths the same as they are in this upload so that I dont have to go back and change them all again. Thanks for understanding :)
I made sure to give all you guys credit in the index.ini

ALSO, 2 QUESTIONS
1.Would someone please help me with the invisable boxes? No matter what I try I cant seem to get them to work right. Im aiming to have 2 incredibly tall invisable pillars on either side of the bunker so you cant really fly to the right or left of it.

2. What attributes in code affect how high the zombies jump? It would be nessessary to have them jump high or climb to actually be a threat with this base.
Thanks anyone who can help

Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:28 pm

this is flawed
you should be playing as a brainbot so that you actually get the fail sign if you die.

lolz

great mod though

ohya. about 10 minutes into the game, if i scroll over to the left, the zombies dont come anymore because they dug their own hole and cant get out.

its kinda stupid\
can you fix it?
:???:

Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:41 pm

Are you referring to the zombie defense.rte at the FRONT (Page 1) of the thread? It does have this problem, which is why I suggest trying the version above you; it fixes most of the problems, and adds many more twists.

Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:54 am
REAL AMERICAN HERO

If you give the AI significant jetpacks they'll end up going insane and landing all over your base.

Just an fyi.

Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:12 am

FauxMask wrote:
Hey all,
Sorry I was at a week long seminar taking a break from life.
Ive thought about it, and Ill finish this mod if I have you guys helping me still (you all are already, thank you) but after that, I think Im gonna be done for modding. For a while at least.

Thank you all again for contributing and helping with this mod :grin:

Here is what Im going to do:
My last update for the mod is what I would call "Zombie Defense" and that (as far as I'm concerned) is done.
Now, what I am working on now, I call "Zombie Survival" and its a completely different mission based mainly on Numgum's idea. This is what Ive been working on, and it has a separate story and everything.

@Grif
You could put the last update for Zombie Defense on the first post and say that the sequeal is WIP (Zombie Survival). Thanks

@Everyone else
I like all your guys' ideas and sprites, they all look great :grin:
This is what Ive come up with so far:
-The story is up to debate and can be changed at any time
-It is up to 4 players
-Im going to keep numgum's idea of buying things since if we had a basement full of items to unlock after a certain number of kills, wouldn't that be the same as zombie defense?
-Atm Im using the same background as Zombie Defense, but would like to change it since this one is not Zombie Defense

-Also, a special something:
Ive been making a pretty creepy song on FL Studio, I think Im going to incorporate it into this ZS scene :wink:

This is everything so far for Zombie Survival:
Attachment:
Zombie Survival.rte.rar

And guys, if youre going to edit or add more things using files already existing in the mod, please keep the filepaths the same as they are in this upload so that I dont have to go back and change them all again. Thanks for understanding :)
I made sure to give all you guys credit in the index.ini

ALSO, 2 QUESTIONS
1.Would someone please help me with the invisable boxes? No matter what I try I cant seem to get them to work right. Im aiming to have 2 incredibly tall invisable pillars on either side of the bunker so you cant really fly to the right or left of it.

2. What attributes in code affect how high the zombies jump? It would be nessessary to have them jump high or climb to actually be a threat with this base.
Thanks anyone who can help

hm. can you make this work for case sensitive computors
because first it saud rte aborted because :
Failed to load Zombie Survival.rte/Devices/Images/Revolver###
then when i changed the image file to Image file,
it says
Failed to load Zombie Survival.rte/Devices/imagesShotgun###

can you fix it please?

Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:30 am

FauxMask wrote:
Sequeal to ZD, this is Zombie Survival! Not yet really playable.

So please wait until more progress has went through.

About the jetpack thing, it wouldn't be too bad. Only a few jumper zombies have that kind of feature, great element of surprise. It's not going to be an army of flying zombies.

Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:16 am

Boost the mass of the jetpack particles.

Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:56 am

The Decaying Soldat wrote:
FauxMask wrote:
Sequeal to ZD, this is Zombie Survival! Not yet really playable.

So please wait until more progress has went through.

About the jetpack thing, it wouldn't be too bad. Only a few jumper zombies have that kind of feature, great element of surprise. It's not going to be an army of flying zombies.

I just wanted to get the template for Zombie Survival up. And okay, Ill just give the light zobs a stronger jetpack.

EDIT:
Just finished my song I was working on. Im thinking about including the first (epic-sounding) half in the game, what do you guys think? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPphuykmc7w

Ps. Im not trying to advertise my song or anything :roll: Just want to know if anyone thinks the first half could be put on repeat as bg music.

Last edited by FauxMask on Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:51 am
Forum Moderator

Franchan wrote:
hm. can you make this work for case sensitive computors
because first it saud rte aborted because :
Failed to load Zombie Survival.rte/Devices/Images/Revolver###
then when i changed the image file to Image file,
it says
Failed to load Zombie Survival.rte/Devices/imagesShotgun###

can you fix it please?

Or you could fix it yourself and post your fix. I think this is the point of this thread

Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:45 pm

i did fix it.
but it was lik 5 hours ago so i forgot what i fixed

-.-
sorry

Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:46 pm

Franchan wrote:
i did fix it.

-.-
sorry

Post the whole thing.

Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:34 pm

Roy-G-Biv wrote:
Franchan wrote:
i did fix it.

-.-
sorry

Post the whole thing.

lol
isnt it pretty useless right now?
the one i fixed was the buggy zombie-dig-their-own-grave one. [zombie defense]
should i still post or wait for the econd zombie survival

Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:50 am

There's a mother zombie sprite in the zombie offense scene. Maybe you guys can use that too, for unknown purposes.

Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:15 am

FauxMask wrote:
Just finished my song I was working on. Im thinking about including the first (epic-sounding) half in the game, what do you guys think? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPphuykmc7w

Ps. Im not trying to advertise my song or anything :roll: Just want to know if anyone thinks the first half could be put on repeat as bg music.

No idea why nobody commented on this yet. I love it. I think it'll fit in just perfectly. My only complaint would be that part from 2:40 to 3:20. It repeats far too many times and lasts too long. If you shortened that part, I see no reason to not use the whole thing.

Maybe use the last part as the victory music since it seems like a calm "WHEW!" song.

Last edited by LowestFormOfWit on Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next