View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 18  Next
 Zombie Defense -fixtastic- 

Post Re: Zombie Defense -bugfixes-
It might help if this was set in a factory so the zombies could walk on metal or concrete. To be honest, I just scene edited some metal blocks under the ground in a constant line and now, the game works great.Also, if I may concur with every fan of Left 4 Dead, We need tanks, boomers, and regular infected. Maybe even a 4 player co-op with the survivors mod that someone made a while back. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Gamefreak on Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:54 pm
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Post Re: Zombie Defense -fixtastic-
Zombies now walk better than two year old children.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:10 pm

Do they still stop when shot?

Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:11 pm

I used the lady pistol to dig through the roof and get outside. Probably my favorit defence game mode ever. GJ Grif you are teh epic modzore.

Attachments:
Zombie defence.jpg
Zombie defence.jpg [ 69.06 KiB | Viewed 9821 times ]
Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:27 pm

It would seem as if trying to get out of the house has become more fun then shooting the zombies, interesting....

Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:13 pm

Great concept idea but idiot zombie fail :-(

*almost cool assault*

Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:17 pm

devilsboy005 wrote:
I used the lady pistol to dig through the roof and get outside.

You are amazing. : 0

Ontopic: I just played from a to b and killed over 130 zombies until they were all stuck in the pit so I dropped a backhole bomb on them. Pretty boring when limited like this being stuck in the bunker and only get certain guns when theres a wide selection of content the user could buy and fight with.

Hell, just extending the base sligthly to have a hangar and a mining entrance on the right side, you could have a much more freeform and funner game.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:16 am

Regarding the problem of everyone easily getting outside the base, why stop them? If people cant do something (espicially in moddable videogames) the very first thing they will do is try to find a way to do it.

I suggest instead to remove the invisable barriers (Im sure you worked really hard on them, and I commend you for that, but they might have better use elsewhere) and make the character you start with not have a jet pack. Jumping should be fine, its not like you can jump over the zombies so theres no worry about taking away the "ever-shrinking-space-element" that one needs to make a decent zombie defense game.

If you do that, improve the zombies (Im sure you're already way ahead of me on that), and make the weapon power-up selection more vast and plentiful (where are the explosives?), I know this game will be much much more satisfiying and difficult to beat.

Just thought a little constructive critisism might be good.

I love the idea, you already have my download and respect, all you need now is time :)

G'luck Grif

Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:37 am

On a second note (just to throw some interesting ideas out there for after you have the main game up and rolling), it would be very interesting to have the zombies come at you from both sides, if not at the beginning, then at some point after the 150th or so kill.

Also, like many people have already said, if there were zombie mini bosses, or even random variation between weak and heavy-duty zombies, that might an extra-zesty element of zombie-horror-defense action :grin:

Again, Im not saying you should implament these ideas right away, Im just throwing them out there for later--after the main idea is up and running.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:42 am
REAL AMERICAN HERO

numgun wrote:
devilsboy005 wrote:
I used the lady pistol to dig through the roof and get outside.

You are amazing. : 0

Ontopic: I just played from a to b and killed over 130 zombies until they were all stuck in the pit so I dropped a backhole bomb on them. Pretty boring when limited like this being stuck in the bunker and only get certain guns when theres a wide selection of content the user could buy and fight with.

Hell, just extending the base sligthly to have a hangar and a mining entrance on the right side, you could have a much more freeform and funner game.

Man it's like it's supposed to be ZOMBIE SURVIVAL not ♥♥♥♥ YOU ZOMBIES I'M EASTERN EUROPEAN I HAVE SHITTY BOMBS EVERYWHERE

Perhaps PERHAPS perchance I DID NOT WANT TO MAKE THE SAME ♥♥♥♥ SCENE EVERYONE DOES IN CC ALWAYS? If you wanted to just buy ♥♥♥♥ and kill zombies YOU COULD JUST PLAY ZOMBIE CAVE

Quote:
I suggest instead to remove the invisable barriers (Im sure you worked really hard on them, and I commend you for that, but they might have better use elsewhere)

Oh god what is this I don't even--are you trying to like, let me down gently? Because this is easily the most hilarious thing I have read all day.

Quote:
If you do that, improve the zombies (Im sure you're already way ahead of me on that), and make the weapon power-up selection more vawst and plentiful (where are the explosives?), I know this game will be much much more satisfiying and difficult to beat.

Same ♥♥♥♥ I said to numgun applies except my god you're boring. The explosives are up your ass, it's not like it's hard to add new ♥♥♥♥ to the scene if you really want it. If ♥♥♥♥ numgun can do it a retarded two year old ought to be able to.

Quote:
Again, Im not saying you should implament these ideas right away, Im just throwing them out there for later--after the main idea is up and running.

THIS IS THE MAIN IDEA. Do you ♥♥♥♥ see this scene? Bam, main idea, RIGHT THERE.

Except here's the ♥♥♥♥ thing: I DON'T CARE IF TWO PEOPLE WANT TO BE ABLE TO BUY ANYTHING AND DO ANYTHING AND DO ALL KINDS OF ♥♥♥♥. This scene is as done as it needs to be, and as done as I'm going to make it. It's called a TEMPLATE and my god I hate you numgun.

ALSO fakemask don't double post.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:27 am

Grif wrote:
Blahblah flaming n' ♥♥♥♥

Grif. Seriously. Just one question. Are there any more weapons after 200 kills?

Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:14 am

The final weapon is the Rocket Launcher, unlocked at 750 kills. Though by then the force of the Zombies landing will sometimes have already dug a hole to the bottom of the screen, somewhat taking some of the fun out of it.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:23 am
Profile WWW

Everyone, stop bugging Grif.
He been modding for days, come on, he has 7 new releases.
"Stress."

Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:23 am
Profile WWW

All I can say is now it's way better. GJ Grif.

If Grif ain't gonna continuee working on this, will someone take over? This thing has a lot of potential.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:03 am

Maybe I'll make some zergs... and make a space marines vs ZERG RUSH outta this one... or maybe just some cool zombie minibosses that appear mid-game... and fix the zombie crouch thing... after exams and tests are over. WE CAN REBUILD IT! WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY!

also, rest well Grif, you've been modding like a mad mod on mad cows. Chillabit.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:03 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 18  Next