View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next
 Zombie Defense -fixtastic- 

Post Re: Zombie Defense -fixtastic-
Telepods.

Or maybe some sort of matter replicator.

Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:53 pm

Perhaps instead of drops, the bunker has the normal 4 holes of defense, but there is an underground storehouse that allows you to store stuff via the antiquated storage crate inside. After certain kills, certain doors unlock (or become destructible via Lua) that unlock weapons, tools (concrete sprayers, etc.) and actors. Here's a picture of what I mean:

Figure 1.1: What I think. Please excuse the poor drawing, I did it in a few minutes.

As you can see in figure 1.1, the bunker above is still the same, but underneath, there are 2 upside-down tall doors. that leads down into the store room, where you can access the unlocked weapons (they spawn 60 seconds after you take them, and only 1 can exist in the chamber at any time). It needs a few rows to accommodate all the weapons and actors that can be unlocked.The doors are pretty much invincible until you unlock them by getting enough kills, which will make said door gib, leaving the contents unharmed. The actors are unlocked at intervals of 100, starting at 100. The storage crate is at the bottom, and the warehouse can be a last-ditch defense point. This will only work properly if you choose not to give the players funds.

The bottom-most coalition soldier is buff.
To bring the weapons up/down, you get a robot 1/coalition light that you can either use to fight, or as a courier of weapons and tools. The upper bunker is in scale to the current bunker, so the store house can be made out of Vanilla bunker modules, except the doors.

Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:37 pm

Um you guys I stole chainsaw and revolver from vanilla stuff... So yeah.
Um um I dunno what I'm suppose to be doing (like you guys said everyone's working on everything). Could you guys need different enemies/bosses? I could try those.

Here my take on Zombie stuffs:
You use Nummys base
You have four dudes, regardless of how many players.
Each dude plays a different role and unlocks different things.

Heavy dude gets all squad guns LMG's and rocket launchers.
Demo dude gets shotties, shields, and traps (mine's, c4, etc).
Light chick (must be chick) gets badass pistols and snipers.
Special dude gets crazy stuff. An smg or two for main use, but also healing guns, shield guns, laser guns, diggers, concrete guns, and just weird stuff.

Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:46 pm

Actually, that's a great idea. Start off with one guy, and unlock the rest along the way, each with their own weapons pre-equipped. I guess you would start off with the special guy. If we are going with 4 survivors (reminds anyone of Left 4 dead?), should we use Ronin with modified wounds.ini instead? would make things alot more interesting than 4 coalition heavys.
Dafred (Louis): Starting unit.
Brutus (Francis): Heavy weapons.
Sandra (Zoey): Dual pistols and snipers.
Gordon (Bill): Explosives and whatnot.

And speaking of Chainsaws, I'm done adding the chainsaw to ZD Stuff.rte. Will put in stuff like the axe, crowbar, and pipe bombs in before releasing Stage 2.

Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:58 pm
Banned

Wow that is a pretty cool bunker module.

Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:03 pm
Profile YIM

AgentBaron wrote:
Having a rocket drop in to give you supplies provides a bit of a plothole in the story, though. I mean if you're dropping off supplies, what's stopping you from escaping via the delivery rocket? Now it's just transformed from Zombie Defense to Teasing Zombies, lol.

Lets say theres something VERY IMPORTANT and immoveable in the bunker that the guys must protect at all cost. Like a brain. And that brain is you. And your superior is being a nice fellow and gives you this generous offer:

You survive the 1000+ brain hungry zombies + massive mutant clones with devastating attacks and the final boss with all the little resources you have (starting 100oz + 5-10oz per kill, more from bosses), we'll get you out of there. That can either end the mission after killing the final boss or actually rescue your brain by a special body to carry your brain sent only after you kill the final boss.

And then you must board that brain with the new body and lift off to win. Either way.

Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:30 pm

Location: In between your sister's legs, showing her how to use a... PS3 controller!
Maybe the boss is psychic and stops brain transmission, so you can't land the robot body.

Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:32 pm

I swear, we pretty much hijacked Grif's thread with a joint project between us. Still has the same purpose, I guess. Should we move it to a different thread?
Anyways, assuming N is the head, E are the hands, and S are the feet,would everyone rather have an axe/crowbar at a 45 degree angle (maximum range), or 15 degrees E of N (more natural-looking and closer to parallel to the body )?

Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:09 am

numgun wrote:
AgentBaron wrote:
Having a rocket drop in to give you supplies provides a bit of a plothole in the story, though. I mean if you're dropping off supplies, what's stopping you from escaping via the delivery rocket? Now it's just transformed from Zombie Defense to Teasing Zombies, lol.

Lets say theres something VERY IMPORTANT and immoveable in the bunker that the guys must protect at all cost. Like a brain. And that brain is you. And your superior is being a nice fellow and gives you this generous offer:

You survive the 1000+ brain hungry zombies + massive mutant clones with devastating attacks and the final boss with all the little resources you have (starting 100oz + 5-10oz per kill, more from bosses), we'll get you out of there. That can either end the mission after killing the final boss or actually rescue your brain by a special body to carry your brain sent only after you kill the final boss.

And then you must board that brain with the new body and lift off to win. Either way.

Ah, that works out quite well!

Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:29 am
Profile YIM

Yeah, that would work out quite nicely. Then, we could have it already on a robot 1 chassis, and freeze it in some out-of-the-way place until the deed is done, similar to how it was done in the Maginot Mission (B23).

Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:53 am

Point.blank wrote:
Yeah, that would work out quite nicely. Then, we could have it already on a robot 1 chassis, and freeze it in some out-of-the-way place until the deed is done, similar to how it was done in the Maginot Mission (B23).

Speaking of Maginot...wouldn't that ending pretty much BE Maginot, except instead of Dummies it's Zombies and then a boss battle? Can't we think of a little more original ending to the mission?

Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:30 am

Yes.
When the boss is destroyed, the ship is sent, but too far away, so you have to go a long distance to get to the rocket.
Just keep X warp on, and track the actors X warping, then done.

Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:35 am

The bunker should be simple. Zombies aren't that smart. Now the story.

Numgun's story should be good for the scene. You are a brain sent as a pioneer to the location. Unfortunately your recon mission turns into a zombie nightmare. You must defend yourself against the zombies, while seeking help from the HQ. And in the end, you must escape, but not easily. The HQ finally decides to bomb the place because of your slow and sluggish progress in securing the area.

The escape ship is on the far right, and a carpet bombing starts from the left. Fight you way through the Zeds while avoiding the bombs AND get into the freakin' SHIP to get the HELL OUT!!!111one *cough* That's my go on the ending.

Now classes for zombies. Jumper, Normal, Bullet-soaker. Maybe a Digger too, which can slowly wear out your bunker with its acid/claws. Weapons, doesn't matter if they're vanilla remakes, should fit in well.

Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:30 am

Point.blank wrote:
I swear, we pretty much hijacked Grif's thread with a joint project between us.
I'm pretty sure he explicitly stated it was a template, which you're building upon...

Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:32 am
Profile WWW

Done stage 2. Tweaked some weapon values, and added Chainsaw, Axe, Crowbar, and Pipe Bomb. Thanks to contrary for the Chainsaw, Axe and crowbar sprites. Stage 3: Molotov and sawn-off shotgun. Health packs and super soldier serum need Lua, which I couldn't possibly do in any lifetime, so I'd ask that someone else please do it.

Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next