View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next
 Zombie Defense -fixtastic- 

Location: Standing on the edge of a large pit of lava facing away from it.
Post Re: Zombie Defense -fixtastic-
All that this mission needs is ground the zombies cant wear through...

The zombies ended up digging through the ground they started throwing through the void at the bottom... :-(
(this was after i broke out of the house thing)

Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:02 pm

carriontrooper wrote:
Maybe I'll make some zergs... and make a space marines vs ZERG RUSH outta this one... or maybe just some cool zombie minibosses that appear mid-game... and fix the zombie crouch thing... after exams and tests are over. WE CAN REBUILD IT! WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY!

also, rest well Grif, you've been modding like a mad mod on mad cows. Chillabit.

Space Marines fight tyranids. They'd wipe the floors with Zerg.

Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:06 am

I'll try get you some Tau to hold that fort. Actually, with decent distance and some elevation I'd say that Tau would wipe the floor with pretty much anything bar DSTech using sniper cannons or Judgements...

Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:15 am
Profile WWW

Boba_Fett wrote:
carriontrooper wrote:
Maybe I'll make some zergs... and make a space marines vs ZERG RUSH outta this one... or maybe just some cool zombie minibosses that appear mid-game... and fix the zombie crouch thing... after exams and tests are over. WE CAN REBUILD IT! WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY!

also, rest well Grif, you've been modding like a mad mod on mad cows. Chillabit.

Space Marines fight tyranids. They'd wipe the floors with Zerg.

TERRAN Space Marines, TYVM. And maybe some protoss. Man I gotta learn some lua.

Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:33 am
Profile YIM WWW

Quote:
Quote:
I suggest instead to remove the invisable barriers (Im sure you worked really hard on them, and I commend you for that, but they might have better use elsewhere)

Oh god what is this I don't even--are you trying to like, let me down gently? Because this is easily the most hilarious thing I have read all day.

Quote:
If you do that, improve the zombies (Im sure you're already way ahead of me on that), and make the weapon power-up selection more vawst and plentiful (where are the explosives?), I know this game will be much much more satisfiying and difficult to beat.

Same crap I said to numgun applies except my god you're boring. The explosives are up your ass, it's not like it's hard to add new crap to the scene if you really want it. If fudge numgun can do it a retarded two year old ought to be able to.

Quote:
Again, Im not saying you should implament these ideas right away, Im just throwing them out there for later--after the main idea is up and running.

THIS IS THE MAIN IDEA. Do you fudge see this scene? Bam, main idea, RIGHT THERE.

Except here's the fudge thing: I DON'T CARE IF TWO PEOPLE WANT TO BE ABLE TO BUY ANYTHING AND DO ANYTHING AND DO ALL KINDS OF crap. This scene is as done as it needs to be, and as done as I'm going to make it. It's called a TEMPLATE and my god I hate you numgun.

Hey, calm down, I was only making suggestions. Its fine that its your scene, I just didn't know it was so against the rules to say an idea.
If you don't like them thats fine by me, you can ignore them, but "Bam"! that right there? Those are my ideas. And what I meant by that earlier was when you finished getting the bugs out of what you already have (last time I checked the zombies were still digging holes in the ground) THEN, AFTER you can say "Okay, bugs all fixed. Games done. Should work perfectly now. Any ideas how to make this better anyone?" and then take any ideas that you find sufficient to your ideal "zombie defense" and work on those. If you don't think it needs anything, then thats fine. Dont.

I can understand that you've probably been pretty stressed with all the things you've been working on and people's expectations to live up to and all that, and so Im not going to turn this into a stupid fight.

No hard feelings. I hope you feel less stressed.
Quote:
ALSO fakemask don't double post.

Sorry, I forgot I could edit old posts for a minute. I don't post often anyway so its not like Im trying to cheat in raising my rank or anything.

Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:00 am

I am currently trying to "cheat" this map by trying to buy stuff that I normally aren't allowed.

Anyone have any ideas as to how to get money on the map?

Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:49 pm

1. Goto Base.rte/Index.ini
2. Add
Code:
AddDevice = TDExplosive
<tab>CopyOf = Frag Grenade
<tab>PresetName = Free Money
<tab>GoldValue = -1000
To the bottom. (Use tabs by the way, not spaces)
3. Save and open CC
4. Buy the bomb labeled Free Money.

Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:01 pm
Profile WWW

duo9ace wrote:
I am currently trying to "cheat" this map by trying to buy stuff that I normally aren't allowed.

Anyone have any ideas as to how to get money on the map?

Open console by pressing ~
Type in:
Code:
ActivityMan:GetActivity():SetTeamFunds(100000,0)

Then press Enter.

Note that the code is case sensetive.

Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:52 pm

Nice map, Ive been waiting for one of these, though there is a small problem...

When I tryed to play it, the zombies dug themselves a whole preventing them from getting near my bullets :(

Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:38 am

ditto

Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:22 am

I just fixed that by going into the terrain file and replacing the black rock they walk on with test material. That probably overkill, but at least them zombies aren't digging through the ground anymore, lol.

Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:49 am
Profile YIM

lol with mods this scene wins it all!!
i used the zalo's blue destroyer too easy :shock: :-?

Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:55 pm
Profile WWW

AgentBaron wrote:
I just fixed that by going into the terrain file and replacing the black rock they walk on with test material. That probably overkill, but at least them zombies aren't digging through the ground anymore, lol.

And why don't you talk with grif and you both find a properlly material and this thing get success?

Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:13 pm

Because like Grif mentioned earlier, he provided a template and it's as done as he's going to make it. If anyone wants to expand on it or whatever, it's up to whoever is up to the task.

Ergo, I took it upon myself to change the black rock to test material.

Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:50 am
Profile YIM

AgentBaron wrote:
Because like Grif mentioned earlier, he provided a template and it's as done as he's going to make it. If anyone wants to expand on it or whatever, it's up to whoever is up to the task.

Ergo, I took it upon myself to change the black rock to test material.

I love this idea and would very much love to expand on it if I knew anything about scripting or lua. Ive given an effort to learn, but I havent gotten good enough yet to even think about doing this myself without a crap-load of noob errors.

Btw, do could you upload your version with test material? I tried messing with materials and messed up majorly and found I really don't know the first thing about it :roll: I bet its super easy and obvious tho but Im just missing it. Thanks

Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next