View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Mission: [Coalition] Stratosphere 

Post Re: Mission: Stratosphere
Damnit, this is one of the hardest missions ever.
I got up to collecting the dummy chips, but I only had 2 soldiers left by then: one of which was my brain.

Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:53 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

weegee wrote:
Point.blank wrote:
Yep, crashes on me as well. I select the mission, click 'Start Mission', and...
It goes black, then the error messages. Think it might have something to do with the Lua?

EDIT: Fixed it, And I don't even know Lua. Just some easy spotting.

In the .Lua file, replace this:
Code:
    self.FightPhase = { NOFIGHT = 0, UPLOAD = 1 , HOLDPOSITION = 2 , COMMANDERHUNT = 3 , CHIPACTIVATION = 4};

With this:
Code:
    self.FightPhase = { NOFIGHT = 0, UPLOAD = 1 , HOLDPOSITION = 2 , BRAINHUNT = 3 , CHIPACTIVATION = 4};

The problem was that he put 'Commanderhunt' instead of what it should be: 'Brainhunt'.

I can't even imagine how could this fix something :) Commander Hunt is a certain mission phase, if you replaced COMMANDERHUNT with BRAINHUNT, then you disabled most of the mission fun and it's possibility to complete.

numgun wrote:
Btw, if youre making a new mission, can it include transportation in a rocket through a cave or delivering stuff with crafts from one place to another?

I guess that this map should be quite a large one :)

BTW, guys... I was not able to beat this mission myself :oops: It's funny that it's interresting even if you know all the internals. But I'll keep trying :)

Use trains, and elevators, eh?

Ooh, and the elevators/trains can be used for plot hooks/devices/development.
Destroy train, if contents dead, respawn with inventory.

Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:42 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

The Decaying Soldat wrote:
weegee wrote:
BTW, guys... I was not able to beat this mission myself :oops: It's funny that it's interresting even if you know all the internals. But I'll keep trying :)

I loled. This mission really is hard, and require some luck to beat. If the controller dummies landed in places near your troops, it'll be much much more handy.

If you do make a new mission, I'd like to see other factions. After all those unpleasant experiences I went through in the two missions you made, I find it highly irritating to fight Dummies :P It would be nice to have one new mission featuring other factions, before hopping back to the Dummy theme.

I think that other factions are not as complete as Dummies and Coalition. They have their dropships, rockets, weapons, brains etc. Maybe Ronin, but as far as I know there is problem with Mac\PC compatibiity and I don't have Mac to build two versions for both platforms.

Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:47 am
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Well why not emplaced ronin vs coalition?

I like my stalemates with blood, not just ineffectual ping ping pings.

Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:53 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Grif wrote:
Well why not emplaced ronin vs coalition?

I like my stalemates with blood, not just ineffectual ping ping pings.

How about a half assed event that states that the ronin spearheaded the crash test rebellion.
Wait, that was used before... with different people.

Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:59 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Foa wrote:
Ooh, and the elevators/trains can be used for plot hooks/devices/development.
Destroy train, if contents dead, respawn with inventory.

Scripted bunker blocks can be really dangerous as each of them consume CPU. For example lifts in this map are custom made conveyors. In the furst edition those lifts were made of 20 standard conveyor blocks. This means 20 lua scripts ran in the background and enumerated all actors on the map searching for those who are near them. It made me scratch my head as this mission was totally unplayable (on Core Q6600) with such amount of Lua.

Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:01 am

Even the Coalition don't have their own dropships actually. The current rockets and dropship are for the Whitebots.

Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:03 am

Just played up to
'cracking 25% complete'
that's my current best.

Could you make the dropcrates contents a bit more regular? i found I'd get nothing but assault rifles for 10 minutes, then robot body after robot body, when i only needed one.

i mean, I love robot bodies, but I'd rather get them every x amount of time than all together then none at all.

great mission!

Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:46 am

Both this and Dummy Twins are very well done.
This mission was really fun to try, watching the whole upload thing and protecting the base is really nice. The 1st time I saw the cover marker I thought, "What's 'cover' supposed to mean?" and a few seconds later I thought "Holy Crap!" This is one great mission, its well scripted and full of surprises. Please keep making more missions.

Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:31 pm
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Exalion wrote:
Just played up to
Could you make the dropcrates contents a bit more regular? i found I'd get nothing but assault rifles for 10 minutes, then robot body after robot body, when i only needed one.
great mission!

Weapon crates are completely random. Better weapons are rare, but the're worth waiting. Assault rifle MK2 is the most common but it is quite usefull as it's lighter than regular and you can carry a couple of them.

Robots however are not random. Currently you get robot every time you make 25 frags, obtain unique Dummy security key or pass "Cracking 50%" line. Anyway robots always have Assault Rifle MK2, so you can drop it and waste useless robot body :)

Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:47 pm

I BEAT IT! :grin:

Goddamit it was hard, but I made it. The ending was awesome when every dummy exploded suddenly.
Hell, I thought I was just cracking the dummy code to stop the jamming so I could escape the place, but it actually ended there. Awesome mission. :D

I had some luck since the room with the auxiliary comp was empty when I had to go there and I had set up a nice defence with the robots and my last 2 guards I managed to keep alive (by hiding lol) did a good job fending off the swarms of dummies. It was pretty hectic shifting between each guard and micromanaging his their kill counts, but it was fun and totally worth it.

This is absolutely the most intense defence mission I've ever played.

The main computer room with the changing screens was amazing along wit how the dummies kept getting more deadly weapons over time. Hunting the commanders was extremely fun too.

Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:57 pm

numgun wrote:

There are more FULL ones?
[not like zombie defense and cyborg defense]

if there are, which ones?

Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:03 pm

Franchan wrote:
numgun wrote:

There are more FULL ones?
[not like zombie defense and cyborg defense]

if there are, which ones?

Maginot :P

Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:57 pm

This is awsome,but really friken hard T_T i lost in like 5 minets when i crate came down and crushed my brain bot.xD good job WeeGee

Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:09 pm

This level teaches you to multitask like nothing else.

Mounting offense guerilla assaults against dummy commanders, holding defense while smuggling chips inside, and keeping the dummies away from your base and brain. Launching squads of robots and taking enemy weapons as you bash in their skulls and fill them with lead and all the while keeping a flow of soldiers to your brain as defense is intense.

But HOLY ♥♥♥♥ MAKE THE HALLS WIDER.

Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next