View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Mission: [Ronin] Mining Post #032 
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Mission: [Ronin] Mining Post #032
Coalition and dummies still crushing each other. Luckily they have enough fun as they don't touch us. We don't need any attention now, cause we are low on funds. Our spies intercepted info about a lonely coalition mining post located at the gold-rich plateau. Take your team to that post and capture it. We'll give you some gold to buy diggers and robots, but there should be enough coalition equipment. Your mission is to dig as much gold as possible. This is a quiet place and the coalition seems to have no interest in this post, so they won't notice if we'll use it for a couple of hours. You can use earned gold to buy additional workers, but don't forget that you must earn gold rather than spend it.

Be carefull commander Dafred, and don't waste your men. Good luck.

Updated: Oct 03, 2012
- V1.0 RC1 support

Updated: Jun 06, 2012
- B27 support

Updated: Jan 27, 2012
- If you have Behemoth or Experimental Dummy Vehicles installed they will be used by Dummy forces

Updated: Jan 23, 2012
- If you have Coalition Heavies installed they will be used among other coalition forces
- Bombers also drop mines
- Reduced amount of gold needed to win

Updated: Sep 25, 2011
- B26 compatibility

Updated: Aug 4, 2011
- B25 compatibility
- Removed fog of war

Updated: Jan 3, 2011
- Added difficulty levels support. Original gameplay now corresponds to Hard. Difficulty only changes spawn rates.
- Added fog of war (comment out SceneMan:MakeAllUnseen(Vector(25, 25), self.PlayerTeam); in Mining Post.lua to disable)
- Dimtiri is now a REAL sniper
- Laser Rifle is now hidden inside the mission rte folder
- Was not tested on animals therefore Nuts! and Nuts difficulty may be really-really Nuts! while Normal, Easy and Cake may be booooring.
- Dummies now have a team too, and you can see their health.

Updated: Dec 29, 2010
- B24 compatibility

Updated: Jul 28, 2009
- Less gold to collect for victory
- Randomized phase trigger
- Boring phases end quickly

Updated: Jul 14, 2009
- Fixed bug preventing enemy units spawn on phase 2, ReDL needed (damn, no more additional pepper, it causes bugs and lame testing)

Updated: Jul 14, 2009
- Minor bugfix
- Minor balance fix
- Less gold to collect for victory

Updated: Jul 13, 2009
- Clone diggers try not to kill each other
- Clones have light diggers to consume less gold while bunker storming
- Greater gold density
- X-27 and AI chip more pricey
- Less dropship crashes
- Should mork on Mac (damn slashes)
- Probably fixed error with random special abilities transition
- Minor battle rebalancing
- Clones and dummies snipers now sent to the roof so they could hold good shooting positions

Updated: Jul 12, 2009
- Fixed stratosphere dependencies

Attachments:
Mining Post 032.zip [75.57 KiB]
Downloaded 2504 times
Mining Post_B24.rte.zip [75.9 KiB]
Downloaded 1048 times
Mining Post_B25.rte.zip [76.38 KiB]
Downloaded 492 times
Mining Post_B26.rte.zip [76.57 KiB]
Downloaded 712 times
Mining Post_B27.rte.zip [76.58 KiB]
Downloaded 800 times
Mining Post_V10RC1.rte.zip [88.3 KiB]
Downloaded 932 times

Last edited by weegee on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:18 pm, edited 20 times in total.

Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:13 am

Post Re: Mission: Mining Post #032
I've been waiting for a new mission from you for so long!!! Yes! It's here, DLLLL, annnndd Tesing riiight now!!!

Will comment later.

Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:41 am

If this is anything like your other missions, I'm going to get raped.
Then I'm going to get through half of it.
Then I'm going to beat it.
Then I'm going to destroy by dropping a Behemoth in it.

Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:11 am

I actually got tired at one point, and ordered a money cheat. And it instantly tells me to evac the whole building.

I took my commander to the roof waiting for a dropship, then a highly unfortunate event killed him. Dammit!

EDIT:
Alright, played most of the mission. Hasn't beaten it yet but I'll tell you what I like about it first:
-The AI fighting each other is surprisingly fun to watch. Sometimes I would stop mining and watch Dummies and Clones fight to the death. Then the occasional bombing and Dready drop is a very nice touch.
-You gradually see the story behind as you proceed through the mission, love it.
-Digging for gold is not that boring, since the fight of the century is going on above you.

Then, things needed improvement:
-The bunker design is crude, I think. At least lack of details.
-The mining coalition guys usually kill each other.

Overall, job well done. Not as exciting as the previous missions, BUT, more freedom and fun-oriented is a plus.

Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:17 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

The Decaying Soldat wrote:
I
I've been waiting for a new mission from you for so long!!! Yes! It's here, DLLLL, annnndd Tesing riiight now!!!

I had difficulties with the third map. Controllable ships fly like braindead overcoffeinated fighter pilots on it, so it is still in progress. At some moment I was bored with it, so I decided to make something different but with ideas from the third map. The main ronin concept is that if they have names, they should be unique, not cannon fodder like clones and dummies. BTW, currently only two ronins has their noticeable special abilities, while others have custom weapons and bodies. Sandra regenerates and Gordon has infinte grenades. I need four more implementable abilities to make ronin squad complete, so everyone are welcome to suggest\implement.

The Decaying Soldat wrote:
I
-The mining coalition guys usually kill each other.

That's why they send clones to do that :) Anyway, I'll try to fix it when I'll find a good way to find those clones and set safe waypoints for them. Currently they just start digging below.

Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:33 am

I just found a bug. I ordered a darkstorm shogun at the beginning of the mission, and he got infinite nades too, like Gordon does.

Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:54 am

It's got references to stratosphere.rte. );
weegee wrote:
I need four more implementable abilities to make ronin squad complete, so everyone are welcome to suggest\implement.

Burtus could could throw enemies away when they get to close.

Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:01 am
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Quote:
I just found a bug. I ordered a darkstorm shogun at the beginning of the mission, and he got infinite nades too, like Gordon does.

Curious, I'll to fix that soon.

Roon3 wrote:
It's got references to stratosphere.rte. );

Ooops :) Fixed that.

Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:30 am

So close. Went to evac and got crushed.

Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:40 pm

Heh, coalition patrols my arse... And just when you think you destroyed all the dummies...
Anyways, Good job, can't wait for another mission, even if I thought it was a simple mining mission at first.

Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:30 pm

Regarding your unique Characters:
One could be just quite durable and agile when it comes to moving through terrain. High joinedstrength to survive high drops and an increased runningspeed - could be achieved by the aid of a Luascript adding to the sideways-velocity, as Ive been told making actors simply faster would cause terrain-rape.

Another Actor could be just - well - not invisible but well-camoflaged or something like that so enemys tend to pick a shot on him only if within a certain range.

Some classic thing: One of that ronins could be quite strong and therefor handle quite heavy weapons which would normally send you flying upon firing - another one could feature a small personal shield that would break if it takes too many shots. Or what about one capable of laying smoke-screens? One that even hides your actors from Enemy-AI-sight for a short amount of time?

Speaking of that - how about something like a commander-unit? Has no weapons for himself but can call support. Like - Orbit-Surface-missilebarrages or ordering a dropship with Ronin-recrutes with light armament. Would be more a thing of new weapons fixed to that actor than the actor himself, tho. But that could be a nice way to introduce into the mission I guess. Giving no gold to buy troops but an invisible nade that would call in a drop-pod/dropship to bring in your troops.

Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:13 pm

Nice mission, I'd say quite comical. :D

When I started the game and took a look at the whole map before doing anything I felt that this place will be stormed with tons of coalition guys while I'm supposed to mine for gold.

So after sniping the soldiers in the bunker with Dimitry, I moved all my guys inside the house and gave the women their diggers and sent them to work.

After a while I get a message that coalition ppl are coming from the left just as I thought, and I placed my sniper to slaughter them.
Then the next message appear:

"Dummies from the right. Have fun : )"

Then I realised what this was all about.

Eventually I hid my guys in the 2nd and 3rd floors of the bunker to chill out and kept my ♥♥♥♥♥es in the tunnels digging for more gold while the other 2 factions fight each other. Sometimes I sent robots to pickup some guns to speed up the money making, but eventually I got bored when I had about 10000oz and ordered a money cheat and evacuated my team out there.

Good and simple mission, I liked it! :)

Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:01 pm

I love you. Honestly, this is a beautiful mission, every single ♥♥♥♥ step of the way. Why? It's the definition of Cortex Command! Multiple factions blowing the crap out of each other and fighting for the gold resources! It seems unique because there are no other missions that focus solely on gold collection, and yet, it's the whole point of the game.

:bow: Keep up the scenes.

Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:17 am

numgun wrote:
So after sniping the soldiers in the bunker with Dimitry, I moved all my guys inside the house and gave the women their diggers and sent them to work.

Not quite a lady's man are you? XD

Who says holes can only trap dreadies?

This mission is great because you do feel like a rag-tag pirate faction. Digging other people's gold, stealing equipments in the heat of battle, while the other two factions put you in little regard.

I think you accidentally triggered the fight. The Coalition sends in a recon team to see what's happened to the mining camp, only to see Dummy troops on the other side of the map. So the coalition blames everything on the dummies, while you are chilling upstairs, stealing their gold.

Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:58 am
Loose Canon

numgun wrote:
Good and simple mission, I liked it! :)

Now THAT'S the way things are run!
I got to about 4500oz, then I recieved a *cough* generous donation from the fine people at Alteisan Arsenal labs. I then used a few Cryo Shoguns to seal the entrances to the base, and ran the eff away. :grin:

Great work, although may I make a suggestion? Take a small break from the "Punishingly Difficult" section of missions, and try the "Humanly Possible" variety instead. :grin:

Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:43 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next