View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Brain Wrestling MK2 - Alpha 

Post Re: Brain Wrestling MK2 - Alpha
Just wondering, what kind of cowgirl did you want? I made a quick mockup here with hat, gloves, cut shirt, miniskirt/short shorts, and boots...
I think this looks too fetish-y, I'm gonna try a more modest one next, so you guys yell suggestions or hurl improvements at me. (Help with hat, plox)

Attachments:
cowgirl1prev.PNG [959 Bytes]
Not downloaded yet
Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:22 am

Maybe one with pants, because blue jeans seem more practical than a short skirt to me...
Looks great though.

Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:18 am

Miniskirt in a wrestling fight? Seems odd, and awkward. At least a pair of shorts.

Other than that it looks good enough.

Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:53 pm

The arm looks man like, make it thinner. Look at the Zombies '09 trenchies to see what I mean.

Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:05 pm
Profile WWW

Give her curves if possible, bust up the hips mainly. Similar to EAF.

Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:07 pm

Aww man you guys are making my all hot, lol.

She's got a little bit in the way of curves, though the hand covers up the bulk of it. I don't really like big butts (Though I have memorized the entire tear-jerking ballad concerning this womanly feature), but I'll see what I can do *wink*.

The main reason she's in the miniskirt is to show of the thinned out legs I made- I thought it would make her look too anorexic if they were pants that thin. I'll try skinny jeans and fat leg jeans and see what you guys think.

I thinned out the legs but I forgot the arms! I see now that they are kinda fat. I'll make them into dainty lady-like arms.

How's the hat and cleavage? Also I'm thinking of changing the hair to a ponytail, but with the way Cortex is, it'll look weird.

Edit: I feel like an jerk. I'm so shallow, lol. To repent I'll make a plus size lady next.

Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:29 pm

The lower torso is really thin compared to the chest, you might wanna bulk it up a bit.

Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:38 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

Hold up. Stop the presses. I come in here, bracing myself for a cauldren of simmering homeroticism, and I get a cowgirl. IS THIS BRAIN WRESTLING, OR IS THIS RUMBLE ROSES?!?
Actually, a Rumble Roses division of Brain Wrestling would be all sorts of awesome.

Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Profile WWW

Aw man I googled Rumble Roses and it's amazing.

So anyways I thinned out the arms and I think they look better, I'm not sure. Then I tried converting sexy legs into jeans and I failed. I now realize that I have never sprited pants before. I have sprited many generations of lady-legs, as well as skirts and dresses, but never pants. Maybe one of you guys could give it a shot.

I also tried ass-expansion, but it doesn't really work with the angle(s) at which I sprite actors. They're kind of like 20 degrees forward from facing the player at the head, then maybe 30-40 at the bust, 50-60 at the navel, 70-80 at the legs, then at the feet and hands they're dead forwards. Lol. It's a compromise between aesthetic and functionality which doesn't really allow for visible wide (that are within aesthetic or even biologically realistic boundaries) hips or posterior. I think that I could have a visible behind on her, but with regards to that area she'll look like an upright camel. Hips are aligned with that player in such a way that the most I could do is give her fat thighs. Now this is all in terms of outlines and pixel count. Maybe I could voodoo something with colours and shades.

To summarize: I failed at big butts, maybe I'll try again.

TLB you're actually an amazing spriter, you don't give yourself enough credit.

Attachments:
cowgirl1prev.PNG [1.12 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
jeans suck.PNG [1.48 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:55 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

I don't know what in particular makes you say that, but thanks.
Also, those jeans aren't that bad. They're just a bit bright.
After a bit of testing, I think she actually looks better (and a bit less like a cowwhore) with a shirt on. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:10 am
Profile WWW

Better=less cowhore? I... I don't understand.

Aw I see what you mean. Yeah, shirt makes me think less of strippers and more of the Wild West. Though I think covering her up completely makes her look less cowgirl-y (in my mind), and more normal girl w/ cowboy hat-y. Females dressed in the attire of any profession with a male suffix will always be associated with strippers. (Then again, nurses and maids face similar comparisons, so perhaps our society is just sexist on the whole).

But I digress, you're the boss, so what's the verdict?
If you'll allow me some more time, maybe I can cook up a cowboy vest of some sort, but I'll make whichever you choose.

Also: Is it inconvenient for people to download pictures? Pictures uploaded to DR take no time for me to download, and I can see them in my browser. Is this different for other people?

Attachments:
cowgirl1prev.PNG [1.31 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:24 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Actually, that last one looks pretty good. Give that vest a try if you like, and maybe try at the ponytail if you're feeling lucky.
And no, I have no problem with DRL downloads.

Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:26 am
Profile WWW

I think the cowgirl shouldn't be charging into battle wearing only her undies, give her a normal shirt at least.

EDIT

Attachments:
RealCowgirl.bmp [12.69 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:32 am
Profile WWW

That one is the best.

Also, I'm using mouse and keyboard configuration, and my super doesn't deploy when i hit the pie menu.
I tried putting it into classic keyboard: still didn't work.

Irritatingly, it works for player 2, so my bro can pile drive me all day.

Edit: Hey it worked! I think I realised what was happening, I still had the brain selected.

Edit2: I worked it out! the bar wasn't full, it just LOOKED full.
Maybe the exclamation mark should change colour when full?

Edit3: Man this is fun. I've found a few super instant kills already. My favourite part about this is how normal cortex command physics brain-wresting still works. For example: swandives (jump, crouch as you fall) and crushing (walk forwards and crouch onto your opponent). Duh you're a legend.

Edit4: Instant win super move: hold jump, then headbutt, then release jump AND LET HEADBUT RECHARGE.
Let go. You'll either fly out of the map or puree your oponent!

Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:08 am

Looks good MLC, I think we have a winner! Ah the innocence of youth, I didn't even think of having the breasts like that, it definitely makes her look more respectable.

Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next