View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Mission: [Ronin] Citadel 
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: Mission: [Ronin] Citadel (Updated: 25-dec-2009)
mail2345 wrote:
Hrm. Maybe getting the current actor and checking if it isn't in the list might be a fast way?

Anyway you'll have to walk through all actors and check for something. I decided that enumerating all actors to select only three of them is too much. I have the old "fair" code commented there that can be used to replace the current decision, but it should add more lags.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:19 am

Got all the way down and uploaded the virus with nobody dying. Sniper got killed by a zombie, demo guy got caught by the wind and smashed (thought the wind was a really cool feature), and my commander died from a clone blowing his head off. Frustrating, but very very fun. Good job. :smile:

Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:41 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Sulvor wrote:
Got all the way down and uploaded the virus with nobody dying. Sniper got killed by a zombie, demo guy got caught by the wind and smashed (thought the wind was a really cool feature), and my commander died from a clone blowing his head off. Frustrating, but very very fun. Good job. :smile:

If you want to go to the bottom, use explosive guys, if you want to go up, use sniper man and explosive guys as fodder.
Make sure to rig the whole entire base with C4 before you start uploading, be sure to give the commander the detonator, and the medipack.
The other two are fodder.

After the upload is complete, set off the charges, after the fires die down you should start your escape.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:58 am

I found that a good tactic is also to make the cloning tubes useless by making holes near them (possibility depends on the location) and to make shortcuts. I got very fast without much trouble to one of the top floors with only clones in my way (that killed my commander :( )

Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:11 pm

I got all the way down without setting off an alarm or losing a single man. Finally, the brain sets off the alarm before I kill it.
I thought I had won, but then it tells me to escape.
I died trying to pass the flamethrower clones on the top floor. :???:

Great mission as usual.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:49 pm

WOOT! I beat the original version before the update with no casualties and 100% health on all my actors.

Here's what I did: I used Gordon to lay C4 and blow up all the actors without detection. Then I bounced some C4 down the stairs in the end room to kill the brain. Then I brought Dafred down, blew a hole through the bottom with C4, moved Gordon up, then uploaded the virus. When I was done and the soldiers started coming, I moved Dafred through the hole in the bottom of the end room, then moved him out of bounds so he was in the black area at the edges but still controllable. Then I moved him up through this black area, as no wind blows there and enemies cannot target. Then I just picked him up with a dropship before the enemy dropships started coming.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:27 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Can't you place one c4 and fire one shot at it and it flies away?

Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:31 pm

I personally think dafred should be bit better armed,The poison dart gun is excellent but it is risky to get accurate shot at the coalition gaurding that one watch tower part,And then there is fact trying to get the other 2 to kill that one then nail the other one which can be hard due to AI stupidity,Such as dimitri moving to his sight or the other guy with the big gun,Anyway overall i still haven't beat it But still excellent mission.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:36 pm

BEAT IT!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Damn it was hard tho... managed to get to the brain with only dafred with 24 HP and a missing leg, then got back up with only a shotgun and an assault rifle. By the Dark Horses Majestic Journey it was fun though..

Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:39 am

Wow, how buggy...

The so called 'wind' will just randomly pick me up, in or out of a building, and smash me up through a wall.

The enemies, for some godforsaken reason will instantly blow my head off if I as much as peek over an object, it's like they know.

I thought this was a stealth mission, not a highly strained ultimately expected mission where your goal is to be blown to bits.

Plus the poison dart gun being less effective than a fart in a small room against the ARMORED CLONES is laughable.

The ammount of detail that has gone into this mission is amazing though, and the rest worked out pretty fine after a bit of tweaking. After all, last time I checked 'THE COMPUTER IS A CHEATING B*$@' doesn't apply to cortex command.

Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:15 am
Loose Canon

Uh. The wind shouldn't do that, at least not if you are inside the base. I blame mucking around with DeltaTime or something like that, it always screws with physics. Or you could just be misjudging the wind's area and getting accidentally killed. As for the difficulty, you've never played a Weegee mission before, have you?

Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:16 am
Profile WWW

Hyperkultra wrote:
Uh. The wind shouldn't do that, at least not if you are inside the base. I blame mucking around with DeltaTime or something like that, it always screws with physics. Or you could just be misjudging the wind's area and getting accidentally killed. As for the difficulty, you've never played a Weegee mission before, have you?

It ain't that difficult at all, really, I just find it insane that the AI already knows where you are without directly looking at you.

Didn't take me too long to beat either, after I managed to give the wind a 'screw you' by using ctrl+o

Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:09 am

ajlw wrote:
Hyperkultra wrote:

It ain't that difficult at all, really, I just find it insane that the AI already knows where you are without directly looking at you.

Didn't take me too long to beat either, after I managed to give the wind a 'screw you' by using ctrl+o

I hate to bump... but what does CTRL + O even do?

Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:12 pm
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

It makes CC run in realtime, even if the frames are skippy.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:22 am
Banned

Finally created an account, so i could respond to stuff, well i did it, legitly, nothing but my blow gun, took foreever but yeah, also did it in about 10 minutes with MPAMS and Darkstorm stuff, <----They is gods :? ,

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next