View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 23  Next
 Mission: Tartarus 
happy carebear mom

Post Re: Mission: [Coalition] Tartarus (Updated: 09-jan-2010)
Unless, of course, they also changed the difficulty with mods. That might merit some post.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:08 am

Duh102 wrote:
Unless, of course, they also changed the difficulty with mods. That might merit some post.

Correct, I should've said alter apart from faction swapping, which was obviously an intended and supported feature by the author.

Anything involving ordering/dropping/gold obviously would be out.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:14 am

So if you managed to beat the mission with the defending faction set to DSTech and the attacking faction set to Undead, that would still count. If you set your faction to DSTech, etc. then we'd say that's nothing special. If you just use gold cheats then we say that's cheating and circumventing the measures put in place that show this mission was meant to be played without aerial delivery.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:11 am
Profile WWW

Hey I don't care if its cheating or no. Tartuarus is good for testing faction strength. Ordering a punisher into the chamber EVERYTIME you play is probably not very fun. I did it for a while to try out the hand-clentching action that the punisher had.

If you want to keep this going then I'll just say that if you have DSTech, you can just equip EVERY DSTech with a judgement. Don't be ridiculous. Just leave buyability on.

I think cutting out the ability to buy is crap. It closes a thousand different doors. If you do that, most people will not play this scene anymore.

Its fine as it is.

Also, I'm trying to make spawning for the Defenders increase. Where in the code would I do that?

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:15 pm

I don't do it EVERY time. Sometimes I teleport one right in front of the base and charge in with rokkit fist blazing =P

Besides, what's this bashing about? Cheating doesn't exist in this game. If you hack other games then it's illegal. But this game has no clear definition of cheating, because you can literally do anything. The fact that you can create your own mods attests to this fact.

And the guy with the numbers that I can't remember- You bring that example up because? I could do it with the wildlife and the DSTech and it would still be on the same level, no? There are a million different matchups, after all.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:15 am

Ah, yes, but when a five-star chef (weegee) prepares you an exquisite five course meal (this mission), do you then simply dump it all in a blender, set it on high, and chug down the resulting glop (cheat)?

Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:33 am

Dude you know who should verse who in this scene? Zealots vs. UniTec

That would be an awesome fight

Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:06 am

When you say Unitech, I assume you just mean the guys w/ exosuits and energy weapons, and not the whole pack, yes?

If so, that would be an awesome fight, but the Zealots have better defensive capabilities (except the Kanai. The Kanai needs to be major boosted to be boss material).

Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:29 pm

Yea I meant just the normal UniTec actors, mike, joe, whatever

Zealots are definitly hard to kill, can't get a damn one-hit-kill because of their stupid bubble headgear. The kanai is easy to kill, all you need are a few shots into the dome and its done for, unlike the normal troops.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get the game to do zealots vs UniTec since they are in the same folder. This difficulty is 10 times harder due to the fact that I can't even get CC started because of an rte aborted message because of the music/sound volume in my settings.ini. ARRGGHHHH!!

Maybe there should be a Zealot version of the Punisher....

Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:44 pm

LeonXross wrote:
Zealot version of the Punisher...

Well, like I said there is the Kanai which can dish out the pain but can't take it, so I'm thinking maybe a heavy armoured Kanai would be a good boss.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:02 pm

Joe wrote:
Ah, yes, but when a five-star chef (weegee) prepares you an exquisite five course meal (this mission), do you then simply dump it all in a blender, set it on high, and chug down the resulting glop (cheat)?

I just stole the recipe (Technically everyone here who has played it has) so I can do the original whenever I want :P

Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:01 pm

Zoroaster wrote:
I just stole the recipe (Technically everyone here who has played it has) so I can do the original whenever I want :P

This kind of mentality towards most (read: just about all other) games you own can land you steep fines and/or jail-time.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:18 pm

But guess what; this game isn't (read: just about every other game).

Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:38 am

Eh guys, let Zoroaster do whatever he wants, he'll gain nothing by cheating anyway. All his victories will be hollow and bland. But I guess he's also disrespecting weegee in saying that he stole weegee's recipe... well, you can steal the recipe, but you can't cook it like the master.

So there. Zoroaster, enjoy (ha) your now-bland mission. Cheaters never prosper.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:55 am
Profile YIM WWW

So attacking as Darkstorm with nothing but Yuurei against an army of DSTech would count as chucking in lots of spice in this metaphor?

Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:27 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 23  Next