View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
 Mission: Tartarus 

Post Re: Mission: [Coalition] Tartarus (Updated: 06-jan-2009)
I just can win this with whole bunch of mods.

look attached picture below.

Attachments:
File comment: Pelian Army !!! the strongest unit in my CC folder.
ScreenDump022.bmp
ScreenDump022.bmp [ 1.37 MiB | Viewed 9572 times ]
File comment: Anybody know how I put those Dummies inside
ScreenDump023.bmp
ScreenDump023.bmp [ 1.37 MiB | Viewed 9572 times ]
Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:49 am
Profile WWW

Yes but that's true of almost any mission. Use balanced mods and it should be more fun in the long run.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:13 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Hmm. I shall try beating it with Coalition, then i shall pwn them with UniTec.

Multiplayer, anyone?

Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:37 pm

@41157ON3 : No, I just use mods for difficult mission. But, if I want to more fun, I will use mod altough the mission is Easy.

EDIT : Ooops, forgot. 41157ON3 did you know with what I put those Dummies inside ? :roll:

Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:39 pm
Profile WWW

Hey Weegee if you want the dummie boss to stand up and look more dangerus you can use this code
Code:
function Update(self)
   self:GetController():SetState(Controller.BODY_CROUCH, false)
   self:GetController():SetState(Controller.MOVE_RIGHT, false)
   self:GetController():SetState(Controller.MOVE_LEFT, false)
end

Then it won't crouch in a corner and look scared :grin:

Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:11 pm

Got stuck at the Behemoth using Coalition.

Overall a fun mission. Lots of gore, random actor chain explosions, piling up Dummy crap and whatnot.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:10 pm

I edited and reworded the "post.txt" file in the .rte folder into a proper readme for you, please add it to your next update or the main post as a download :) .

Attachments:
ReadMe.txt [1.65 KiB]
Downloaded 379 times
Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:26 pm
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

akblabla wrote:
Hey Weegee if you want the dummie boss to stand up and look more dangerus you can use this code
Then it won't crouch in a corner and look scared :grin:

Thanks I'll try it when I'll get to normal PC with processor adequate for CC :)

Natti wrote:
Multiplayer, anyone?

Actually I haven't tested it for multiplayer compatibility, but you can report MP errors anyway.

gtaiiilc wrote:
I edited and reworded the "post.txt" file in the .rte folder into a proper readme for you, please add it to your next update or the main post as a download :) .

post.txt was not a readme actually, just a backup of my post in case the browser would suddenly crash :) Thanks anyway I'll include it in the next release.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:00 pm

Great work, But if i want the browncoats to defend do i type Browncoat Heavy or what?

Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:00 pm

Rikardf wrote:
Great work, But if i want the browncoats to defend do i type Browncoat Heavy or what?

Everything you need to know is explained in the first post.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:06 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Rikardf wrote:

Well it seems there is no easy way to add browncoats here. You need a faction which has it's own weapons defined in their module.

Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:02 am

Post Re: Mission: [Coalition] Tartarus (Updated: 06-jan-2010)
I think it works if the items are from vanilla content or if you make the chance of them appearing 0. My faction of choice didn't have a grenade so I just used the Ronin grenade and made the chance for receiving a grenade and a second grenade 0.

Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:21 am

weegee wrote:
Rikardf wrote:

Well it seems there is no easy way to add browncoats here. You need a faction which has it's own weapons defined in their module.

It doesnt matter in which module the items are, on my dev version, instead of coalition snipers, my guys get the dummy sniper because of the same name. So you can have a mix of everything as long as the item references are written correctly.

I've enjoyed this mission very much and played it more than just once, but I cant help not to mention it has a few flaws and exploits. The first flaw is quite a major one. First time I played, I went by the book: Blew up each generator on the way, fought the boss and got a dude to dig to the brain. Casualties: 180. Then I decided to play without destroying the generators. A few heroes rushed ahead, disarmed the boss and digged to win. Casualties: 20.

The reason was that when the generators were destroyed, all dummy spawns were concentrated at one chokepoint that made advancing extremely difficult since new dummies kept coming at one single point, making it a grinder for anything that tried to get pass. When the generators were intact, a single unit could sweep its way to the boss room no problem since there was no one coming in your way and the dummies were fighting the rest of the troops around the facility and spawning in places where it did not matter. Not to mention the brain is safe at all times so the player doesnt need to worry about that at all. To make the generators be worth destroying, maybe there could be a Lua based force field that prevents from your units passing through until you destroy the generator.

Then the other flaw is that the boss is a lazy son of a ♥♥♥♥♥. Falls down from the sky and then instead of standing up like a mighty giant, he just chills and sits down on his ass. And occasionally fires his guns if he sees your troops fooling around. If he would stand, and perhaps patrol the area, that might make him much more interesting.

Then theres the ceiling that can be used for skipping the whole thing all the way from the entrance to the boss chamber, but I consider that as a cheat, so its not a big deal as long as the player aknowledges that and doesnt exploit it.

Other than that this mission is extremely fun. ;)

Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:01 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

numgun wrote:
It doesnt matter in which module the items are, on my dev version, instead of coalition snipers, my guys get the dummy sniper because of the same name. So you can have a mix of everything as long as the item references are written correctly.

Very curious, because I'm always specifying module name in Create statements. And I had a bug with sniper rifles too, but it left when I added correct module names.

numgun wrote:
The reason was that when the generators were destroyed, all dummy spawns were concentrated at one chokepoint that made advancing extremely difficult since new dummies kept coming at one single point, making it a grinder for anything that tried to get pass.

That's possible, although troops dispatch systems provides units for chambers occupied by player first and then to all the others. And the closer that chamber to the controller the bigger reinforcements it get. Maybe I should extend the corresponding areas for this zones to provide more defenders where needed.

numgun wrote:
To make the generators be worth destroying, maybe there could be a Lua based force field that prevents from your units passing through until you destroy the generator.

I think that would spoil everything. If you have enough skill to cut through base with a single ninja-rambo clone, you're welcome :) All I have to do about that is to tweak troops dispatch system to stop that hero :)

numgun wrote:
Then the other flaw is that the boss is a lazy son of a ♥♥♥♥♥. Falls down from the sky and then instead of standing up like a mighty giant, he just chills and sits down on his ass. And occasionally fires his guns if he sees your troops fooling around. If he would stand, and perhaps patrol the area, that might make him much more interesting.

Yeah, this basterd should be fixed somehow. Anyway I have lots of small details to add in the next release, so it is inevitable :)

Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:55 pm

Post Re: Mission: [Coalition] Tartarus (Updated: 06-jan-2010)
I'm definitely going to replace the dummy behemoth with my version :P

That's going to be awesome.

Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:34 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next