View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Prison Escape: Episode 2 

Post Re: Prison Escape Episode 2
This works fine and is a masterpiece amongst masterpieces. Only problem is that sometimes ♥♥♥♥ gets stuck, like Fiona right before the base entrance (I walked into her and fixed that) and most recently the brain rocket got stuck on the left stair on the roof. Other than those almost unavoidable problems, this is perfect. The length is just fine for me.

Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:53 am

Crashes:
    When Dafred goes off the edge of the map.
    When you order a free craft and it kills any of your party members during a cutscene.
    When you order a free craft and kill a robot before they're disabled.
    When you shoot the brain enough (before you walk up to it) that it explodes.

Bugs:
    During a cutscene you can set Dafred to Go-to AI point he can move away.
    Jetpack emissions can inadvertently kill Fiona.
    It is possible to dig out of the base using the desert eagle, and go anywhere you want.
    You can obtain gold, and eventually order a proper digger, and from that point get a better digger, and so on, and eventually you can order a full armament or bomb the whole base.
    Before you walk to Fiona by the rocket you can dig through the walls between you and the cloning area and destroy everything.
    You can see the Heavy Sniper Rifle spawn and shoot Brutus if you hold Q or E and look at the general area.

This bug testing thing is fun. :3

Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:49 am
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Quote:
When Dafred goes off the edge of the map.
During a cutscene you can set Dafred to Go-to AI point he can move away.

Fixed.

Quote:
Jetpack emissions can inadvertently kill Fiona.
When you order a free craft and it kills any of your party members during a cutscene.
When you order a free craft and kill a robot before they're disabled.
You can see the Heavy Sniper Rifle spawn and shoot Brutus if you hold Q or E and look at the general area.

Unfortunately I can't fix any of these.

Quote:
When you shoot the brain enough (before you walk up to it) that it explodes.

That shouldn't be possible, the brain has GetsHitByMOs set to 0. Are you sure you haven't changed anything?

Quote:
It is possible to dig out of the base using the desert eagle, and go anywhere you want.
You can obtain gold, and eventually order a proper digger, and from that point get a better digger, and so on, and eventually you can order a full armament or bomb the whole base.
Before you walk to Fiona by the rocket you can dig through the walls between you and the cloning area and destroy everything.

Seriously, if you're going to try THAT HARD to break the game, be my guest. I'm not implementing countermeasures for it.

Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:05 am
Profile WWW

Brilliant.

Well, I can shoot the brain after I kill the two guards, because you set it to get hit by MOs for the cutscene. After you shoot it into oblivion, you walk up to it, go through the cutscene, and around the point where you shoot it again it explodes. That might have just been me needing a couple more hits before it exploded.

Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:22 am
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Okay, that's now also fixed. If you get an error in the console just around the time of that cut scene, ignore it. It's harmless.

Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:45 am
Profile WWW

After downloading this mission, i get an error whenever i try to load the game (CC itself).

It says:

Abortion in file .\System\Reader.cpp, line 531, because:
Failed to open included data file in Prison Escape Ep2.rte/Index.ini at line 2!
The last frame has been dumped to 'abortscreen.bmp'
_____
| OK |

The last frame before the crash was the loading screen, currently loading in the box on the left:

Prison Escape Ep2.rte (gold circle) loading:
Index.ini on line 2 includes:

...Then it crashes.

man, i make my crash/bug reports long. (and hopefully specific enough.)

EDIT: i use windows.

EDIT: My dad (I'm a teen) limits my downloads, I barely convinced him to let me download this the first time, so i don't think I'll be re-downloading it for a while. So i'll cut right to the second thing you said. however, i'm just no good at posting pics, so i hope you won't mind me just saying whats in the folder.

Configuration settings':
Activities
Index
Objects
Scenes

Windows Bitmap Images:
IntroTerrain
MiddleRaukerSmall
OutpostTerrain

Folders:
Scenes
Scripts
Sound

Inside Scenes folder are two Configuration settings':
Intro
Main

Inside Scripts' folder are seven LUA Files:
ForceFieldH.lua
ForceFieldHBal.lua
ForceFieldV.lua
IntroScript.lua
MainScript.lua
Player.lua
SpeechMarks.lua

Inside 'Sound' folder is one WAV:
Crash

I would also like to note that a similar thing happened after I downloaded the 'Coming of God' mod. CC wouldn't be able to find 'ComingOfGod.ini' I think. (I didnt save a screenshot of the error.)

If my only choice is to re-download, I may be able to convince my dad to let me do so on the 15th. that's the day before our broadband download meter is reset.

EDIT: I put the Prison Escape Ep2 file onto a USB and then deleted it from from my cortex command folder, so I could play CC in the meantime and be able to restore prison escape 2 without redownloading it.

but guess what happened when i opened CC up? another error. here it is:

Abortion in file .\Managers\PresetMan.cpp, line 162, because:
Failed to find the Prison Escape.rte Data Module!
_____
| OK |

the last frame was again, the loading screen, with the last line in the box to the left:

Prison Escape.rte (gold nugget) loading:

then it crashed again.
i'm going to put episode one onto USB and delete it from the CC folder and see if i can play then.

EDIT: Yes, it works. I hope i can play these two missions soon. They sound epic.

Last edited by Pyrodoom on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:31 am, edited 4 times in total.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:34 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Pyrodoom wrote:
After downloading this mission, i get an error whenever i try to load the game (CC itself).

It says:

Abortion in file .\System\Reader.cpp, line 531, because:
Failed to open included data file in Prison Escape Ep2.rte/Index.ini at line 2!
_____
| OK |

The last frame before the crash was the loading screen, currently loading in the box on the left:

Prison Escape Ep2.rte (gold circle) loading:
Index.ini on line 2 includes:

...Then it crashes.

man, i make my crash/bug reports long. (and hopefully specific enough.)

One, what is your OS ( Mac, Windows, Linux, other ) , and don't show off about it, or I will hunt you down. ( The metaphor explains my discontempt about the matter )

Two, that is not a gold circle, it's a gold nugget.

Three, this mission is very fun, and you shouldn't miss the opportunity to play it.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:40 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Pyrodoom, that's really odd. I would suggest re-downloading the mod. Somehow one of the files, Sounds.ini, is missing. If it still doesn't work after reinstalling the mod, post a picture of what is inside of your Prison Escape Ep2.rte folder.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:44 pm
Profile WWW

Wonderful mission.

Small issue, playing and not completing the first 'episode' results in an instant fail upon starting this mission, until restarting CC. (Didn't test trying to complete the first mission again.) Cutscene does not play, simply goes to the map with Fiona standing near the left edge.

Edit: Added screenshot of Lua console.
Works perfectly fine otherwise, haven't tested if other missions cause it as well. Too tired/lazy.

Attachments:
ScreenDump000.png
ScreenDump000.png [ 4.19 KiB | Viewed 11140 times ]

Last edited by Rashaln on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:51 pm
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

That's really odd, the first mission doesn't have any relating code to this one as far as I know. You're not the first to say that this has happened, though. Did you run any other mods before starting the mission?

Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:53 pm
Profile WWW

Rashaln wrote:
Wonderful mission.

Small issue, playing and not completing the first 'episode' results in an instant fail upon starting this mission, until restarting CC. (Didn't test trying to complete the first mission again.) Cutscene does not play, simply goes to the map with Fiona standing near the left edge.

This is the line 244 error.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:58 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Oh, I see. Both of you must have played the first episode of Prison Escape before this one - I forgot that the variable "checkpoint" was used in the old one as well. I've renamed the variable, so it should no longer be a problem.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:04 pm
Profile WWW

TheLastBanana wrote:
Oh, I see. Both of you must have played the first episode of Prison Escape before this one - I forgot that the variable "checkpoint" was used in the old one as well. I've renamed the variable, so it should no longer be a problem.

If you've updated the download, the errors(All but 'Activity [...] was NOT started due to errors!') still show in the console, and the flying scene doesn't play, but otherwise the mission now starts fine. If you haven't, then it's just a coincidental problem mutation.

Edit: Under the same circumstances, running episode 1 first, then pausing and running episode 2.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:13 pm
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

It may have still been in the process of uploading. Try one more time.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:45 pm
Profile WWW

Nope, still doesn't play the flight scene. Tried deleting both missions and placing clean file into the game, no help. Still throws the errors.

Edit: For clarity; this does still happen when these two missions are the only non-vanilla content loaded. I have tested this a couple times.

Also, a small suggestion; maybe there should be some non-mechanical snipers or just plain guards on the roof, because picking through the bunker in reverse is much easier. Oh, and the three soldiers brought in by dropship at the start almost always kill(smash) eachother given a little bit of time.

Attachments:
ScreenDump001.png [2.96 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

Last edited by Rashaln on Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:13 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next