View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 My first map 

Post Re: My first map
Ah, well that's good to know that it's possible.

I'll have a look at that zombie defence scene.

Quote:
Based on your ideal image of what you're looking for, it wouldn't take much editing of the lockers to get what you need spritewise, providing Gotcha allows it.

Also, that's kindof a different style to what I was thinking of, mainly I mean the texture and the proportions of the locker; I need them to be about a head-height taller than a generic robot (they're all fairly the same height), darker and more uniformly looking, with those features on the top and the bottom aswell.

Double post merge -Duh102

I just checked out the map, those lockers dispense unlimited munitions every time you touch them, that's not quite what I had in mind. I meant, to be able to place things IN the locker during the game to use later, for many uses.

Also, the locker would have a certain storage capacity, I guess since there's nothing which defines the size of an item, weight could be used to indicate how much space it takes up in the locker; since weight is usually in proportion with the size of the item.

Last edited by Enforcer on Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:58 am, edited 5 times in total.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:19 am

Enforcer wrote:
I just checked out the map, those lockers dispense unlimited munitions every time you touch them, that's not quite what I had in mind. I meant, to be able to place things IN the locker during the game to use later, for many uses.

Also, the locker would have a certain storage capacity, I guess since there's nothing which defines the size of an item, weight could be used to indicate how much space it takes up in the locker; since weight is usually in proportion with the size of the item.

What you're asking for would have to be defined with Lua. Anything that can actually hold items in an inventory (any actor basically) doesn't really have a max capacity that can be defined.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:07 am

Maybe a maximum capacity isn't really necessary, but just something which you can place items in and choose which to take out; rather than them all gushing out when you open it.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:34 am

I really like this map.

Only thing I have with it is that the vertical passages are really long and fairly narrow, making it hard to get up to places.

Thankfully, there are ladders, but some mods have actors with weird limbpaths that end up tearing up the ladders.

Perhaps small platforms would be better for ascending these vertical passages.

Just a suggestion.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:45 am

Enforcer wrote:
Maybe a maximum capacity isn't really necessary, but just something which you can place items in and choose which to take out; rather than them all gushing out when you open it.

I'm sure you could implore someone to code you an Lua Smart-Container.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:50 am

pringer X wrote:
I really like this map.

Only thing I have with it is that the vertical passages are really long and fairly narrow, making it hard to get up to places.

Thankfully, there are ladders, but some mods have actors with weird limbpaths that end up tearing up the ladders.

Perhaps small platforms would be better for ascending these vertical passages.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks.

It's supposed to be a huge vertical shaft, I would have much preferred to use an elevator instead, but unfortunately they do not exist in default Cortex Command, and I do not know how to create such things, or the graphics needed for it, especially without photoshop. But also, this map isn't really built for custom made actors.

LowestFormOfWit wrote:
I'm sure you could implore someone to code you an Lua Smart-Container.

Yes, and perhaps they/he/she might read this thread.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:36 am

LowestFormOfWit wrote:
In Gotcha's mods they are merely decorative...

Err, they're fully functional. :) And, yeah, feel free to use them or edit the heck out of them.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:19 pm

I beleive what he means is something that looks like yours, but functions more akin to the storage crates from the maginot mission. Except no actors.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:14 pm
Profile WWW

I mean something more conveniant to chucking things in; like apon using them, placing things in or withdrawing things through a small menu triggered by some sort of dedicated use function from the command menu.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:08 pm

Also, would anyone mind giving me a hand with new textures which I want to add? I have several optional textures which I want to include into a new part of the map, but right now they are far too big and do not repeat seamlessly, and could have further adjustments to give them more of a 'CC' environment style or look; at the moment they are picture perfect photographs.

If so, you can join my Elluminate room which I also use for my CC multiplayer server and we could work on them accordingly.

Just contact me via pm for the link, because I can't post the link publically otherwise anybody can access it while in screen sharing sessions.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:51 am

Feel free to check MP3 to see how I used different textures, but it's pretty important to find some seamless textures first. :)
(FilterForge is heavenly; http://www.filterforge.com/filters, Filters by Category, have fun! ;))

Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:09 pm

Gotcha! wrote:
Feel free to check MP3 to see how I used different textures, but it's pretty important to find some seamless textures first. :)
(FilterForge is heavenly; http://www.filterforge.com/filters, Filters by Category, have fun! ;))

Well, I meant that I have allready found textures that I could use, I was only asking if someone with enough photoshop experience wouldn't mind tweaking with them to make them seamless or dulling the lighting or colours in order to make it more CC like rather than photo realistic.

But also, that could be useful; thanks for the link. :P

Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:31 pm

needs more gold.

Tue May 04, 2010 2:39 am

We are so past the age of working for our money

Tue May 04, 2010 8:06 am

Pfft, working for money is stupid. Who DOESN'T have a money cheat mod installed? Mine's a stone that costs -1000.

Tue May 04, 2010 11:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next