View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 513 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 35  Next
 [Abandoned] Unmapped Lands 

Post Re: [WIP] Metagame: Unmapped Lands (pre-alpha, sorry)
Well, If you don't have enough gold to buy another one, you won't get one ever. Even if your mines make enough gold later.

Fri May 28, 2010 10:05 pm
Profile WWW

That is what I meant. After I win and I have a low amount of gold then when it is my turn again it will say that I don't have enough gold for a new commander.

Fri May 28, 2010 11:03 pm

Fantastic cortex risk, congrats weegee.

Please, fix this.

Sat May 29, 2010 3:28 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Is not a problem; doesn't need to be fixed.

Sat May 29, 2010 3:36 pm

If you do something you're not meant to then it's probably going to break things. If you turned noclip on during a game of half life it'd screw up as well.

Sat May 29, 2010 3:52 pm
Profile WWW

Actually, even when the lands get pushed out of the way (when someone buys an actor in the strategy screen :C )... they just snap back into the correct place when you scroll with the usual menu keys. So it doesn't break the game.

Weegee. Lol I JUST noticed that I've been calling the "Bear Faction" "Bear Force" simply because i saw the BF.rte and assumed :P

Anyways. I'm almost out of school! (5 years of college is ENOUGH), so I should have more free time on my hands. Currently I'm fleshing out some new guns and tweakin actors for the Bear faction. Got a real nice gun coming along and am cleaning up the way the cpu handles the (overheavy) actors.

Thought: If we actually do end up adding the turrets to the game, the CPU's will never have a chance of penetrating bases unless we extend the number of kills or time until they retreat. (It almost feels too short already).

I'll send the code ASAP, but can't right now because I don't have internet at home (Can you believe it!.. Crazy!!!) So I'll flashdrive it to the lab hopefully quick enough that you can at least glance at it before your vacation. My guess is I'll have it up by Sunday. Or maybe even tonight.

Disclamer in advance: I'm learning as I go and have absolutely NO coding experience, but I will admit figuring out this stuff is fun :roll:

Sat May 29, 2010 7:16 pm

Hello all.

Ive been lurking on these forums for a while but have never posted until now.
I had to however, as I am stuck on what I assume is the buggy 'attack3' mission. As stated elsewhere, whether I win or lose the mission restarts after going back to the map screen for a few seconds. Everytime I run the metagame it will come back to the same mission, I have deleted it and re downloaded it but everytime it goes back. Can anyone tell me how to reset the metagame?

Thanks in advance
Tom

Sun May 30, 2010 4:05 am

Apollon wrote:
Weegee. Lol I JUST noticed that I've been calling the "Bear Faction" "Bear Force" simply because i saw the BF.rte and assumed :P

Actually its "Bear Federation" :P

Sun May 30, 2010 5:49 am

Yeah, I'm having exactly the same problem as Tom/tc63. It happens regularly, and on a couple different territories. Instead of starting up properly, they claim that I have immediately FAILed, and I can't start up anything new after that, even if I restart CC entirely.

Sun May 30, 2010 6:37 pm

Very true Shapeshifters, but I think all I ever needed to know about the Bear Federation was that it rocked my socks...off.

***OK Weegee, I finally got my flash drive loaded with the goods!

-I've included my modified Materials file too, which makes most materials stronger (My method was X2 - 15, I believe) Actors no longer rape the terrain, bullets only slightly penetrate terrain, even less so for rocks and cement. Reinforced-cement bunkers FEEL like reinforced-cement bunkers! Also frees up CPU power away from having to handle the constant terrain erosion... No more through wall shots from simple smgs, etc. Figured you might be interested in this. I believe it's pretty balanced. NOTE: certain missions (like Tartarus) won't work because the C4 can't bust the walls.

-Also included is the BF.rte (Bear Federation) I've been working on. Within the folder are some updated Company logos, etc... but what I'm really looking for feedback on is the new gun(s) I've added. The "Hk 42" and the more advanced "HK 42 CrazyHorse". Basically the same gun with different tweaks, but I'd really like to know which one people like more, if the spriting is ok or not, and if you think it would be a good permanent addition. P.S. Also tweaked the RPG sprite. More to come...

-Included file with functional waving flagpole in it. thought these would look good flying over the bases in missions. (Own flag on defense, enemy's when assaulting their base, etc.)

Edit: With some extra spriting and lua, maybe we could even make it so you must stand by the flag pole (King of the hill style) to lower the enemy's flag and raise your own to complete the takeover of enemy bases once you've killed the enemy brain. (instead of random "survive the counter attack" timers)...

-Of course. For this post to be relevant to this thread...Here is my entire modded UnmappedLands.rte file for review. REQUIRES BF.rte TO WORK. I've added a 4th faction into the game, with its own land outline color and supporting menus to allow the 4th faction to be selected and to have correct save slots. It is fully functional currently except for the AI.For anyone good with programming AI, I am trying to get a 3rd CPU AI to function allow 3 CPUs at once. If we get this working, I don't see why we couldn't make it so that ANY faction could be the 4th one! For anyone that decides to DL this and try to help out, let me know what you think about the general feel and balancing of the Bear Fed forces. It would be awesome if we could get the 3rd CPU AI to work!

Here's hoping you can get a glance at this before your vacation, Weegee. :)

Edit:For the gun I made...
-----Cred to Whitty for the code (From his heavy sniper) that taught me how to do emitters
-----Cred to Unitec for original gun sprite (HK 21)
-----Cred to Bear Fed for inspiration and awesome high quality gun firing audio.

Attachments:
File comment: A sturdier Materials File
Materials.ini [22.46 KiB]
Downloaded 365 times
File comment: A.I. WIP UnmappedLands folder (Not a release!)
UnmappedLands.zip [3.14 MiB]
Downloaded 220 times
File comment: Cool Flags. Would look good in this game
Flag Sprites.zip [26.77 KiB]
Downloaded 223 times
File comment: Modded BF.rte (not much diff...just a new gun or 2) NEEDED FOR INCLUDED UNMAPPED LANDS FILE TO WORK!!!!
BF.zip [5.76 MiB]
Downloaded 254 times

Last edited by Apollon on Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 30, 2010 7:33 pm

It seems that this mod does not work. The map is not in the campaign section. How cold I fix this?

Mon May 31, 2010 2:25 am

You mean the original or the edit?
It took me a minute or two to find the original on the map, it's near the top

Mon May 31, 2010 6:30 am
Profile WWW

weegee wrote:
You might have encounetered a feature that prohibits you from buying foreign actors and crafts. It gibs anything it considers foreign for selected faction :)
I suggest that you make it instead teleport any such items absurdly high into the sky, with 400 upward velocity, returning the craft immediately.
Maybe it could also print a message along the top of the screen that says something along the lines of
"Order canceled, you're not authorized to buy all of the ordered items"

Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:36 am

I haven't tried this yet but the first thing that came to my mind is "Awesome".
By the way, it does remind me of the DOW Dark Crusade - I dunno if anyone mentioned that yet but it does look pretty cool.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:59 am

The problem with the planet part not being there was my resolution. I had to change my screen res.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 513 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 35  Next