View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 513 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 35  Next
 [Abandoned] Unmapped Lands 

Post Re: [WIP] Metagame: Unmapped Lands (pre-alpha, sorry)
yah awesome but ill tell u the things needed or needs to be fixed....stronger brain, territory 4 the game crashes when u atack it from the 6th or 9th territory, andwhen u have ur last territory u can't do anything and they can't kill u.... and sometimes bugs where it keeps playing the same game over and over agin but i love it cant wait for the update!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

and this really reminds me of dawn of war campaign mode ohhhhh and another bug the craft jst blows up when u order a unitthats the main bugs!

Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:16 am

Yes thank you. All of those bugs have been said before. It is known that this in a Semi WIP. If you read the previous pages you would realize that everything you said was already answered or acknowledged.
Great job.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:05 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Is there a Premade DStech Faction for this? As ive been trying to do it but mine just causes me to fail the missions as soon as they begin, and all NPCs are dummies...

Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:57 pm
Profile WWW

No, there's not. As far as I know I'm the only one who has anything up that includes addition factions (and that's Bear Federation)

Also, I'm pretty sure DStech is WAAY too overpowered to be a balanced addition to the game.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:51 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Apollon wrote:
No, there's not. As far as I know I'm the only one who has anything up that includes addition factions (and that's Bear Federation)

Also, I'm pretty sure DStech is WAAY too overpowered to be a balanced addition to the game.

Im Modifying other teams aswell, The DSTech take the place of the Dummies, AAL the as Coalition and Tek Troopers as the Ronin, Im not adding new teams, just replacing the ones already in the game.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:39 pm
Profile WWW

I don't know if this has been discussed already, but on my game is says - FAIL - just like the real game. But isn't it supposed to let you pick a new game? It goes straight to FAIL each time.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:19 pm

Same here, help?

Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:10 pm

Read the last seven pages, try any fixes posted, but keep in mind that this is only a beta. If you'd like to help fix it, be my guest, but if nobody takes this up it'll just rot here. The original creators have put enough into this, It's our turn now.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:29 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

alphagamer774 wrote:
Read the last seven pages, try any fixes posted, but keep in mind that this is only a beta. If you'd like to help fix it, be my guest, but if nobody takes this up it'll just rot here. The original creators have put enough into this, It's our turn now.

Actually, pre-alpha.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:35 am

I've already fixed the issue of dirty cheaters using ctrl-r, and I'm gonna try to fix attack 3, then the last territory+can't buy brain issue.
Oh yea, I just had an idea - Universal Faction Spawn files. Basically factions would have a spawn file that tells the module, maybe an icon and what to spawn(names of actors, weapons, ect). The spawn file would go into a folder(non rte), and stuff like this or Tatarus could read them. Also changing skirmish spawn without restarting the game.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:58 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

So this is maybe getting updated in some time?

Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:31 pm

mail2345 wrote:
I've already fixed the issue of dirty cheaters using ctrl-r, and I'm gonna try to fix attack 3, then the last territory+can't buy brain issue.
Oh yea, I just had an idea - Universal Faction Spawn files. Basically factions would have a spawn file that tells the module, maybe an icon and what to spawn(names of actors, weapons, ect). The spawn file would go into a folder(non rte), and stuff like this or Tatarus could read them. Also changing skirmish spawn without restarting the game.

So I understand you are taking over the task of completing/promoting this thing?
If any extra spriting work is needed, give me a call.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:09 pm

Yes, I'm going to work on squashing bugs first. I've made it so that you can add troops to your last territory. I've also fixed #1 so that it actually realises that you are on the comm node, and #3 now doesn't loop.
Though, what do you guys think of other types of missions? Such as sabotage(to destroy mines and turrets in an area, maybe activating a self destruct sequence.), or infiltration(get intel, maybe ability to carry out harder sabotage missions in areas that you can't normally reach).

Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:40 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Lots of brolove for you mail.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:40 pm

And here is what you get in return:
Attachment:
File comment: fixes whee
UnmappedLands.rte.zip [2 MiB]
Downloaded 226 times

What's fixed:
In addition to the things I've in previous posts, I've tweaked the AI to attack you more when you don't have a commander, or only have one area, the game goes to the load screen after you loose/win, and I've fixed the no commander issues.
Also your commander regenerates health, and can't gib due to bullets/falls.

I'm a bit tired for the day, so here it is. Hopefully you should be able to play it though without hitting anything gamebreaking.

What needs to be done:
More missions, and some log additions(welcome text, I remember some typos that I forgot to fix, but not where).
Bug squashing, but I've taken care of the obvious game breakers.
Turrets.
Some other things.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 513 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 35  Next