View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 513 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
 [Abandoned] Unmapped Lands 

Post Re: Unmapped Lands B26 R7.4 (new factions)
Furbeh wrote:
This is an amazing mod, but I keep having troubles getting custom factions to work.
I have downloaded all of the needed mods, and the recompilation for the W40k mod.
My Factions.lua file looks like this currently:

My Cortex Command folder looks like this:

You also happened to leave the Tek Troopers out of the OP.

Due to the fact you have to allow a mod to check your first post, you ended up missing this post.

Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:39 pm

URLEFT4DEAD wrote:
weegee wrote:
URLEFT4DEAD:
You probably enabled some faction but didn't install it's mod, this tread contains plenty of answers about this problem.

Shakatuko:
DarkStorm - http://forums.datarealms.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=17247

Ah I see, But can you help me tell the difference between the space marines? as in there are blood ravens and blood ravens2? It is quite confusing.

The ones with '2' on the end are for the recompilation version of the 40K pack, which has modified actors and additional weapons/grenades/etc.

Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:41 pm
Profile YIM

Location: outside the shithole called the University in the Forest
I'm noticing that on some missions I'm getting an error about indexing a variable 'brain' which displays the symptom of infinitely spawning my brain unit until the game crashes or hits the actor limit. Having checked that I haven't made the mistake of enabling factions I don't have installed, what else could have gone wrong? I'm guessing halfassedly that it might have something to do with the latest 40k recompilation pack since that's the faction I've been using, but I'm not too sure.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:13 am

If you're using the rereleased/updated recompilation, make sure you're using the files that end with 2 (e.g. Ultramarines2.lua) because there are some significant changes between the original release and the updated version, especially those a few involved changing a number of actor and weapon names. Trying to use the old faction files will result in things breaking.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:01 am
Profile YIM
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Please read a personal appeal from Weegee :)
http://forums.datarealms.com/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=29130

Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:21 pm

The ability to only use faction specific items is a pretty great idea, but it would probably have to be supplemented with a tradestar faction that all factions can use or something to that effect since Lizardmen don't have any craft, and most factions don't have a brain unit (which leads to horrific insta-fails every time)

Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:46 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Well it's not forced in any way since R2, you're free to use any crafts. Most factions just use default crafts and rockets.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:41 am

Fair enough, but it seems like there should be some factionless units like the default dropship/rockets (if the foreign craft thing is changed), turrets (if they are counted as foreign actors) and brain robot for when the mod is completed. The alternative would be for every faction to have its own turrets, brain, and craft.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:41 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

There is no such thing as foreign anymore. You may use whatever you need, but if you want to be fair you can use only your faction's devices.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:16 am

Location: Look behind you... Haha I tricked you, I am in Brazil.
Hey where are the browncoats? Why aren't they included?

Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:46 pm

Shakatuko wrote:
Hey where are the browncoats? Why aren't they included?
I imagine it is because as a "Faction" they are two actors with no craft, no weapons, and no brain.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:10 pm

Location: Look behind you... Haha I tricked you, I am in Brazil.
Wait, the browncoats have no weapons? ♥♥♥♥, I've been playing Brutality Mod for too long.

Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:37 am
Banned

:0 how you can do that?I't s aversome!

Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:32 am

Loving the mod so far - it's good to have a proper campaign to play through.

However, I have come across a couple of bugs during my playthroughs:

1) Occasionally, whenever one of my territories is attacked, the game will spawn multiple brain/command types, anywhere from an extra one to another nine. Coincidentally, this also happens with some of the other troop types as well, which can cause the game to lag badly if the territory in question has a sizeable garrison force. Thankfully, however, it doesn't happen too often.

2) On missions that require me to evac my brain/command unit to complete said mission (such as treasure hunts, or certain territory attack missions), the mission instantly fails the moment I load the brain/command unit into the transport craft.

For example - a treasure hunt mission: I'll gather up the computer hacks/chips, fight off the tradestar interlopers, and call down a craft for extraction. However, the second my brain/command unit is loaded into the craft, the mission fails. This happens every single time.

3) On rare occasions, the selected transport craft won't appear when bringing in purchased reinforcements, meaning my troops are simply dropped from above in a doomed - but somewhat entertaining - freefall (with predictably messy results).

4) Not sure if this is a bug as such, but whenever I exit to the main menu and then go back into Unmapped Lands, it instantly throws me back into the world map of the last save I was playing (unless this was intended to happen, that is, in which case, ignore this point).

Other than that, this mod certainly breathes some needed life into CC - there's only so many times you can slaughter hapless AI drones in a skirmish defence or 'one man army' battle before you grow tired of it.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:59 am

I am not sure if it is just me, but I find most of the attack missions impossible to beat because the AI has unlimited reinforcements. The only problem I have with defence missions is that my brain always starts in the worst possible place ( bunker roof, etc ) instead of the basement where I want him to be. Even if I use the AI move, there is literally no time to move your men into positions before the enemy waves start.

There is nothing wrong with the campaign being challenging, but at the moment I only find it frustating. Otherwise it is great and you must have really put a lot of effort into it.

Wed May 09, 2012 11:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 513 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next