View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 513 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
 [Abandoned] Unmapped Lands 
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: Unmapped Lands B26 R7.4 (new factions)
Timppa wrote:
The only problem I have with defence missions is that my brain always starts in the worst possible place ( bunker roof, etc)

The idea was, that your brain just arrived at the site, that's why he's always near the LZ.

Also you can play at lower difficulty levels if you can't beat attack missions. CC is quite oldschool game therefore most of my misisons are quite hardcore to satisfy those who play oldschool games.

Wed May 09, 2012 2:02 pm

weegee wrote:
Timppa wrote:
The only problem I have with defence missions is that my brain always starts in the worst possible place ( bunker roof, etc)

The idea was, that your brain just arrived at the site, that's why he's always near the LZ.

Also you can play at lower difficulty levels if you can't beat attack missions. CC is quite oldschool game therefore most of my misisons are quite hardcore to satisfy those who play oldschool games.

I am not a hardcore gamer and I do not want to worry about the enemy and his unlimited reinforcements which will overwhelm me if I do not want to act fast enough. I tried even the 'Cake' difficulty, but it did not seem to make a difference. I started with a bit more gold but the enemy still gets an unlimited amount of reinforcements. For example, attack01 has those enemies with RPGs preventing you from approaching the base with dropships. I can use a sniper rifle and kill one of them, but a new one will spawn in the same plane within a minute. I have nothing against the AI having more men than I do, but fighting against an unlimited army of reinforcements just gets frustating. I do not want to be forced to rush against time, I want to be able to play more casually, plan and take my time.

I would appreciate if you could make the game a bit more casual on the lower difficulties.

Thu May 10, 2012 4:03 pm

Try playing as one of the Space Marine factions vs Coalition/Ronin. They make the game a lot easier! ;)

Thu May 10, 2012 7:14 pm
Profile YIM

please explain these to me:
and
^(i lost this one because my brain got crushed.)^

Fri May 25, 2012 4:06 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Probably some wrong preset names in one of the faction files. Try to disable\enable factions one by one to find out which one is broken.

Fri May 25, 2012 5:47 am

nothing has changed,i did not mess with the lua's for them, i only enabled the WH40K factions, this happens with the default set one too.

Fri May 25, 2012 6:14 am

This happened because the WH40K mod has been updated several times, unmapped lands is set to read the old version, not the newer version. The only way to fix this is to get rid of the WH40K mod, or go into unmapped lands and change some of the files so it can correctly read the WH40K files

Fri May 25, 2012 9:24 pm

Leogg wrote:
This happened because the WH40K mod has been updated several times, unmapped lands is set to read the old version, not the newer version. The only way to fix this is to get rid of the WH40K mod, or go into unmapped lands and change some of the files so it can correctly read the WH40K files

Can you explain how to alter them to read it correctly. This bug is ruining it for me.

Sat May 26, 2012 12:13 am

Not quite. A number of updated faction files have already been published. You have to make sure you're using the updated files (the ones ending in 2) for the recompilation, or the original files for the original compilation.

Or you can make your own if you're feeling daft like that, I suppose.

Sat May 26, 2012 10:05 am
Profile YIM
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: Unmapped Lands B27 R7.5
Updated for B27

UPD:

R7.6 now supports techs and pricing penalties for using foreign techs. By default only vanilla factions and BF has techs penalties enabled. To disable this behavior open CF_MissionLibrary.lua and set CF_EnableTechPrices = false. If you want to enable tech pricing in your faction then add line CF_FactionTechs[factionid] = <faction module name without 'tech'>; to you faction definition file.

Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Post Re: Unmapped Lands R7.6
Rapidbuy doesn't seem to work for me at all. It deducts the money, but doesn't send the unit. This was with both vanilla factions only enabled, and Unitech, Space Marines, Imperial Guard.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:29 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: Unmapped Lands R7.6
Sgt Doom wrote:
Rapidbuy doesn't seem to work for me at all. It deducts the money, but doesn't send the unit. This was with both vanilla factions only enabled, and Unitech, Space Marines, Imperial Guard.

Fixed, download R7.7

Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:15 pm

Post Re: Unmapped Lands R7.7
Works beautifully now :D
Unrelated, but has the general spawn rate been increased? On the same difficulty (medium), it seems more units are purchased by the AI, in particular that one mission where the player has to try and assassinate a brain robot without raising the alarm in a base set in a crater, then fend off the counterattack. Makes for one hell of a difficult fight against browncoats when playing as Unitech (I have to really restrain myself from buying space marines) though most certainly possible and a lot of fun.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:07 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: Unmapped Lands R7.7
No, didn't touch anything for a while, so it can be quite unbalanced. Maybe just more units remain alive after delivery in B27 )))

Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:13 pm

Re: Unmapped Lands R7.7
Please make this compatible with version 1.0 of cortex command xO..i can't live without this!!

Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 513 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next