View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Exodus (Ronin Campaign) with an easier version! 

Post Re: Exodus (Ronin Campaign) with an easier version!
I think this campaign would be a lot more fun if the missions were more open-ended instead of being so rigidly scripted. One of CC's great strengths is the open-ended gameplay, but in this campaign, all you can do is follow the waypoints and shoot the bad guys until they die.

And yeah, the unskippable, badly written cutscenes didn't help either.

Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:35 pm

Quote:
I think this campaign would be a lot more fun if the missions were more open-ended instead of being so rigidly scripted. One of CC's great strengths is the open-ended gameplay, but in this campaign, all you can do is follow the waypoints and shoot the bad guys until they die.

Actually i don't think CC's strength is the open-ended gameplay. I actually think most missions only have 2 or 3 (or if they are big 4) ways to clear it (to ways or diging through which is kind of cheat in my opinion), because it is a side-scroller after all. I actually think CC's greatest strength is the amount of possibilities you have to fight using terrain and different weapons, and not the approach to the big mission. Try the missions using edges to penetrate it with assault rifles to ambush opponents, leaping from high advantage with a shotgun and so on.

Lets take dummy assault as an example. You have nearly only four options to win, either infiltrate from the roof, the middle floor, the bottom or by digging, but the fun thing about the mission is all the possibilities there is for killing the dreadnoughts, dummies and turrets on your way.

Also i didn't make this mission to satisfy anyone else, but myself and my friends. It was just my first scenes, and i wanted to practice a bit of lua. I first released after a half year i made it.

Quote:

Also, why do you care if these cutscenes are so badly written, why not enjoy to actually see cutscenes. To have a back-story to the mission, even though it is so bad, jeez. These cutscenes was just made to give some life to the missions, if you want missions without cutscenes you can just try basically any other mission on datarealms.

Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:05 pm

"Quote:

Also, why do you care if these cutscenes are so badly written, why not enjoy to actually see cutscenes. To have a back-story to the mission, even though it is so bad, jeez. These cutscenes was just made to give some life to the missions, if you want missions without cutscenes you can just try basically any other mission on datarealms."

ur small conversation.....I like the cutscenes they r really cool since tehy r cutscenes in CC....I say 10/10 stars.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:46 pm

Fun scenes to play. Even on easy, it took me a good few hours to get through.

Two minor errors though, which would nice if they were corrected in the next version:
1. The cutscene chat needs to be proofread and run through a spellchecker. This should take you all of five minutes to do, and I'm not entirely sure why you didn't do that before releasing it to the public to be played and judged.
2. I had an occasional error, where if I died, the game would ask me to kill myself so the next door would open. Needless to say, when this happened, I had to restart the scene, and it'd be great if you could correct this.

Otherwise, good campaign, and close to professional-grade. But as with any good creator, you shouldn't shy from making a few more improvements.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:46 am

Man, I used to get all up in people's grill when they started criticizing my typing, but then I realized, it's not hard to type right when you know how, plus it's not like you're playing CSS and any second could be a headshot if you spend too much time in one spot. There's no reason to use shorthand or leave errors uncorrected, not to mention the fact that you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by putting in that little bit of polish. You have the right intentions when it comes to your reason for doing this; to have fun, and that's the important part.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:53 am
Profile WWW

This looks like a great scene i love scripted scenes and scenes where there is a lot of solo fighting. However when I tried to play this game It would not let me start the game because It said I needed another player to play against however there was only one empty slot to place a player. :( This made me very sad. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong but I would love to hear someone tell me how to fix this or if this is a bug.

Thank you,
Kocopuf

P.S
I am on B24

Wed May 18, 2011 11:48 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

This mod is not yet B24 compatible.

Thu May 19, 2011 4:37 pm

Kocopuf wrote:
This looks like a great scene i love scripted scenes and scenes where there is a lot of solo fighting. However when I tried to play this game It would not let me start the game because It said I needed another player to play against however there was only one empty slot to place a player. :( This made me very sad. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong but I would love to hear someone tell me how to fix this or if this is a bug.

Thank you,
Kocopuf

P.S
I am on B24

Here is a link to a version of the easy version which is b24 compatible. Enjoy
http://www.mediafire.com/?wfsplfa51xoh6pg

Thu May 26, 2011 6:16 pm

Post Unable to play.
When I try to start the game, I'm prompted to set players to a team. It says to assign players to at least two of the teams. However, the last 3 are locked, and you can't assign 2 players to one team. Help me :???:

EDIT: (I downloaded the b24 compatible one, but had that problem. Fixed now though. Had to edit activities.ini to be 1 player min ;|)

Last edited by PX85 on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:40 am

Post Re: Unable to play.
PX85 wrote:
When I try to start the game, I'm prompted to set players to a team. It says to assign players to at least two of the teams. However, the last 3 are locked, and you can't assign 2 players to one team. Help me :???:

Look right above your comment, there is a b24 compatible version

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:17 am

Post *thumbs up*
If this is your first set of missions, then NICE. It wasn't particularly difficult, but it gave me a challenge. A few things you may want to fix, though.

-Cutscenes aren't very believable. Try changing some of the wording in it. Instead of 'I am', try "I'm". The characters seemed a little... drunk. :machine:

-In part 3, the generator 4's shield would not come off. I had to find a way to dig into the concrete and destroy it >_<

-In part 1, where you have to open the first door... I managed to unlock it, but an invisible barrier kept me from going. Reloading fixed the problem, but idk if it'll happen again.

Other than this, nice campaign. Had fun playing it

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:56 pm

When Gordon isn't an absolute misery to control, I'll try it again.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:40 am
Profile YIM WWW

Re: Exodus (Ronin Campaign) with an easier version!
whats the mod pack?

Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:43 am

Look, read the rules, okay? It says there that you should not post anything on an old topic. This topic here is one year old, and you just bumped it. By bumping it I mean it was on the last page of the forum and you posted something on it to make it come to the first page, and it doesn't even work. I don't want to be rude or anything, but just read the rules before posting anything. They are very small, it takes less than 2 minutes to read it all.

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST: Use the report button to report necros, do not reply and make the necro worse.
-Duh

Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8