View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Exodus (Ronin Campaign) with an easier version! 

Post Re: Exodus (Ronin Campaign) with an easier version!
Dude don't be stupid, how the hell can there be "routes" as you put it?
There is only one way to win. If you aren't good enough to beat it, then keep trying. Don't throw a tantrum just because you can't beat it.

Also, as an idea, for one of your later missions, instead of facing off a horde of enemies, maybe you can make like 4 big bosses or something.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:12 am

I downloaded "Medium" which took a long time and then when I tried to install it it showed up as "Easy" and then it didn't even show up in Campaign...
Does it work for macs?

Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:42 am

Quote:
Does it work for macs?

Sorry it don't work on mac (at least i think it don't work on mac). I wont make a mac version since i don't own one in real life and none of my friends own one. It might take months to make it mac compatible without a mac to test it on.

Quote:
There is only one way to win. If you aren't good enough to beat it, then keep trying. Don't throw a tantrum just because you can't beat it.

Actually in the boss there is multiple ways to win :P . You can choose not to destroy any generator, but the minus is that you'll face more enemies.

Edit:
To Sakiskid: Tried the newest version of my laptops new (mod-free) version of cortex command and it works fine for me

Last edited by akblabla on Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:21 am

Technically everything "works" but it simply crashes. Potatomoto ought to see it and be able to play, but the game will crash if things that the level looks for die. That's because it was coded without any safety checks, and on windows it returns nil and the mac returns a freeze.

It could be fixed by someone willing to read all the Lua you used and identify checks, and then add in some safety to it, but that takes some skill and some time. I began on the first level and got bored, an went off to work on other things (the kind you get paid for).

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:24 am

Potatamoto wrote:
I downloaded "Medium" which took a long time and then when I tried to install it it showed up as "Easy" and then it didn't even show up in Campaign...
Does it work for macs?

Open the Easy folder, there is the .rte file you need to copy and paste or cut and paste to your CC folder with the other mods.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:05 am

Quote:
Open the Easy folder, there is the .rte file you need to copy and paste or cut and paste to your CC folder with the other mods.

Maybe i should have explained that, but i thought it would be obvious to everyone :P

Also I have just started on the exodus Ep2 i just need some spriters (need sprites for old metal panels, old wood planks, sewer pipes...) since i want a mission with a bit exploration.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:16 am

Put a request thread in mod making to get more attention. Not in request subforum, but the mod making itself.
Something like "Exodus Campaign Dev (Need Spriters)". Make sure you mention this campaign and give some information (stuff that people would lust for to play the campaign when its done ect.) that would make a spriter be very interested in helping you out.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:29 pm

Quote:
Put a request thread in mod making to get more attention. Not in request subforum, but the mod making itself.
Something like "Exodus Campaign Dev (Need Spriters)". Make sure you mention this campaign and give some information (stuff that people would lust for to play the campaign when its done ect.) that would make a spriter be very interested in helping you out.

Thanks for the tip. I am making an request later today but I just want a proper start with the scene before making a topic about it.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:39 pm

DL Medium, wehn extracting, it shows "Easy". Is it still the medium or did you mess up the files?

Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:19 pm

Quote:
DL Medium, wehn extracting, it shows "Easy". Is it still the medium or did you mess up the files?

Woops forgot to change the name of the folder inside the zip and yes it is the medium version

Edit: Fixed

Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:23 pm

akblabla wrote:
To Sakiskid: Tried the newest version of my laptops new (mod-free) version of cortex command and it works fine for me

So are you saying I can use the mod manager to remove everything except your mod?

Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:52 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Sakiskid wrote:
akblabla wrote:

So are you saying I can use the mod manager to remove everything except your mod?

Obviously.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:07 pm

No i just tried the version on a fresh copy of cortex command on my laptop and it worked. I have actually never used the mod manager before.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:12 pm

Natti wrote:
Sakiskid wrote:
akblabla wrote:

Obviously.

No need to be sarcastic.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:19 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Sakiskid wrote:
Natti wrote:
Sakiskid wrote:
akblabla wrote:

Obviously.

No need to be sarcastic.

I weren't sarcastic. If he tried it and it worked without any other mods then you can pretty much run it without any other mods, or am I wrong?

Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next