View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Mission: [Dummy] Swarm 
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Mission: [Dummy] Swarm
Our scout drones detected a heavily fortified enemy installation. Scout team already engaged. Take command over remaining forces and advance to base. Heavy electromagnetic interference indicates that this facility is equippeed with cloning vats and advanced teleportation system. Vats produce new clones while teleporters provide weapons and rapid transportation system for the whole complex. Thereby this complex is first class threat and must be destroyed at all cost. We deployed assemblers near the site thet will provide you with infinte reinforcements and resources. Eleminate enemy brain and try keep yours operational.

Updated: Oct 03, 2012
- V1.0 RC1 compatibility

Updated: Jun 03, 2012
- B27 compatibility

Updated: May 27, 2012
- Dynamic Warfare compatibility

Updated: Sep 25, 2011
- B26 compatibility

Updated: Aug 04, 2011
- B25 compatibility

Updated: Dec 29, 2010
- B24 compatibility

Updated: Aug 05, 2009
- Fixed strategic point timing, brain hall should be harder to take
- Strange that this thing worked before. Miracle.

Updated: Aug 04, 2009
- Preformance improvements, MOID limit increased as a result
- Base defenders probably more tough, angry and numerous
- Possibly not beatable with one fearless ninja-dummy
- Dummy spawn rules remain the same. Want more reinorcements, chop more meatbags :)
- Any gold removed. If you want money (even with cheat) comment self:SetTeamFunds(0 , self.PlayerTeam); line at Swarm:SendReinforcements()
- May introduce some new flaws

Attachments:
Swarm.rte.zip [30.97 KiB]
Downloaded 6453 times
Swarm_B24.rte.zip [31.09 KiB]
Downloaded 2400 times
Swarm_B25.rte.zip [31.09 KiB]
Downloaded 1346 times
Swarm_B26.rte.zip [31.62 KiB]
Downloaded 968 times
Swarm_B27.rte.zip [31.62 KiB]
Downloaded 1671 times
Swarm_V10RC1.rte.zip [32.06 KiB]
Downloaded 2321 times

Last edited by weegee on Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:25 am, edited 11 times in total.

Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:21 pm
Loose Canon

Post Re: Mission: [Dummy] Swarm
Oh good god, another one. I wanna try it.

Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:22 pm
Profile WWW

holy ♥♥♥♥ this is a heavily fortified one. i'm worried about what it'll be like compared to the "practically undefended" bases.

Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:33 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

Geti wrote:
holy crap this is a heavily fortified one. i'm worried about what it'll be like compared to the "practically undefended" bases.

Oh Data, I hadn't thought about that.

Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:05 pm
Profile WWW

After 1 hour...

Attachment:
ScreenDump000.bmp
ScreenDump000.bmp [ 900.05 KiB | Viewed 59317 times ]

Victory! A great mission, the tough part is trying to get into the base. 10/10 score. I had to squeeze into the brain chamber because the grenades would keep missing the brain bot.

Last edited by CaveCricket48 on Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:17 pm

The beginning of this mission is the first time in CC that I've felt there's some actual heavy combat taking place. Lots of gunfire, being dropped straight into the action - you, kind sir, should be designing missions for the full version. :grin:

Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:34 pm
Loose Canon

LeeDub wrote:
The beginning of this mission is the first time in CC that I've felt there's some actual heavy combat taking place. Lots of gunfire, being dropped straight into the action - you, kind sir, should be designing missions for the full version. :grin:

That... Is...Yes.

Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:18 am
Profile WWW

Why isn't weegee a mission designer for the game yet?

This is yet another epic mission. Once the cloning vats got destroyed it'll turn fairly easy, but still, epic. One of the most enjoyable missions 9.9/10

Now I shall try to beat this without destroying the cloning vats.

EDIT: Weegee, if you want to make it harder or make a harder version, I would want to see the coalition air drop troops at the very right of the map to hunt your brain. And a more constant flow of Dummy reinforcement.

Last edited by The Decaying Soldat on Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:58 am

The Decaying Soldat wrote:
Why isn't weegee a mission designer for the game yet?

TLB is already on. I think their aiming for some sort of ration, so they need another spriter first.

Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:10 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Well, this was easy, and I have three battle heroes.

Heroes:
Dummy [Deceased], Destroyed the four generators, Blaster, and Dummy Rifle
Dummy [72][One Leg], Destroy the last five Clone Tubes, Nail Pistol, Auto Shotgun, Blaster, Grenade launcher, Missile Launcher, Grenade Launcher
Dummy [76], Killed Brain Bot, and Last Defense Clone, Blaster, Dummy Rifle

Weegee you make quality missions.

--
Quote:
EDIT: Weegee, if you want to make it harder or make a harder version, I would want to see the coalition air drop troops at the very right of the map to hunt your brain. And a more constant flow of Dummy reinforcement.

Erg, I think he might of finally collapsed under the pressure of death threats.

Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:05 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

The Decaying Soldat wrote:

The trick is to have enough clone soldiers at the base, avoid hitting MOID limit and try to avoid lags. Clones have priority in reinforcements and troops count, as they are dumb and defending. Thereby if MOID limit is reached dummies stop sending troops immediately, while clones still have some MOIDs to use. As a result dummies can be easily overwhelmed by clones if you waste too many of them. Buy you actually need only one or two dummies to kill a dozen of clones to reduce MOID count and receive reinforcements.

I tried to avoid coalition dropships here. There is a small possibility that someone wiil eventualy hunt for the brain, but even without it there are enough tragic accidents that can tear your commander to shreds :)

I guess that to make this mission harder I'll need to make vats more protected and less accesible and optimise teleport logistics so it would be less laggy.

Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:14 am

Very good mission. A bit too easy, if anything. I just sneaked inside the lower part of the base with a dummy soldier, entered the brain vault, and the brain met his maker. All under six minutes, 'cause I am using my workshop's computer, that has only the demo version of CC.

Aside from that, the mission is really cool. The beggining, with all those dropships deploying the whole dummy army right in the middle of the battlefield was specially awesome, and the fact that you had to fight against infinite hordes of coalition guys was also great. Want an idea? Make it so that you need to destroy the clone tubes to get to the brain vault, otherwise a sneaky approach will always win.

Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:16 pm
Profile WWW

Indeed, very good mission.

I have to say, the start was absolutely great, i've never felt like that in CC. But right after the start everything calms down and it really breaks the feeling of the mission..

It would be super cool if some of the coalition guys try to take back the out post, and maybe even rarery send a strike team via dropship. And steady stream of dummy reforcements so the heat would be constantly on. Maybe both team should have solid moid limit or something like that

Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:33 pm

This was waaay too easy. How am I supposed to be challenged when I have infinite resources?

Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:37 pm

Sweet, gonna test this soon. :D

@ Kilgannon
You can always give those resources to me, i'll find good use for them while you struggle for your life using a dummy with a pistol.

Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next