View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Mission Terminator B24 

Mission Terminator B24
"You are a robot sent back in time. Kill the leader and the Commander of the human resistance."

Supports different difficulties. The harder you set it the less lives you have and the faster the enemy drop ships spawn.

Updated: Version 1.1:
Fixed/Updated:
-Changed the end game logic to fix the no win state when both the commander and leader have been killed
-replaced the gatling gun with a YAK4700
-minor building and enemy placement tweaks

Reported Issues/Bugs:
-reported game freezing (I could not reproduce this...any ideas of whats causing it?)
-enemy reenforcement just wander off (not sure how to fix this one)

Attachments:
File comment: Version 1
Terminator.rte.rar [51.43 KiB]
Downloaded 814 times
File comment: Version 1.1
TerminatorV1_1.rte.rar [51.47 KiB]
Downloaded 1597 times

Last edited by chasetiffer on Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:14 am

Post Re: Mission Terminator B24
This is a nice small mission type thing, it gave me no errors.
This should be expanded if you would like to give it a shot.

You should ask Naxete if you can use his Arnold actor, its really
cool and its face/body peels of with damage.

(Also my first time being first to download.)

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:30 am

Played it. (medium)

Beat it on my first life..

Sandra shouldn't be carrying a gatling gun.. The spinup causes the AI to act weird and not fire the weapon.. They just endlessly spin up.

Oh, and I never even noticed the reinforcements sent. Probably cause I went through the guys too fast.

Oh, and setting it to any nuts setting fails the mission instantly.

Played it (hard) (5 lives)

I would have beat it on my first life had I not gotten crushed by the disarmed browncoat..

Lost another guy trying to get in.. Then I killed both commanders, and the game did not end as a victory.

Only the reinforcements sent from the left felt anything.. The doors don't open for the reinforcements on the right. Well, they do open.. It's just the AI is being tardtastic as usual.

OVERALL: Very good for a first mission, let alone first mod of anything. This one's a keeper.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:59 am

killionaire wrote:
Sandra shouldn't be carrying a gatling gun.. The spinup causes the AI to act weird and not fire the weapon.. They just endlessly spin up.

It's not that it's a bug or anything.
It's that the AI "taps" the fire button when they fire. Most guns fire automatically without charging/spinning.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:06 am

Thanks for all the feed back guys.
I will try to work out the errors mentioned and update it sometime this week.
I only encountered the error when the game does not end when both people are killed once and could not reproduce it.

The drop ship AI is a bit stupid because they want out of the base instead of in it.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:45 am
A HUMAN BRAIN, SAFELY INSULATED FROM THE TERRORS OF HYPERSPACE

Location: Somewhere beyond the endless sea of hyperspace, fighting for your right to call a planet home.
If you want the commander to have a rapid fire heavy weapon, try the YAK4700, it's essentially a minigun with no spin up time, so the AI can use it properly.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:01 am

Well, if you really want the gatling gun to 'work' with AI, make the ActivationDelay = 250. Play around with that variable. If it's set at that, gatlingers will shoot in bursts.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:06 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I don't know why, but my game keeps on freezing when I play this mission. I have the indie bundle, so I don't know if the code is different for my version or something, but it seems I'm the only one having such a problem.
So far it's been the third or fourth time it freezes(when it does I'm forced to close the program with ctrl+alt+del) and I didn't notice a pattern yet, but it's only on this mission, the first mod scene I've installed.
I'm on windows if that changes anything.

well, thanks for the fun.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:12 pm

Location: [Insert ominous, personally significant and extremely obvious location Here, e.g. behind you]
It shouldn't be freezing. Windows is the optimum OS for Cortex Command, and the Indie Bundle is only different in that it's pre-registered.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:10 pm
Profile WWW

The only bug I encounter is that no matter how many times I play this mission I don't get the win state. Each time I've played it I have eventually won before i ran out of lives, but it never tells me I won. I think this has happened three times.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:40 pm

@Numgun come back - do you have a link to the Arnold actor mod I would like to try it out

Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:28 am

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14502419/Cortex%20Command%20Mod%20Archive/HR.rte.rar

Here you go.
Remember to ask for permission.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:56 am

I don't know what causes the problem, but my game frozes out in this mission every time i reach the door. This problem happened to me several times in other missions (even in the default ones with no mods), but only randomly. The sounds of the game keep going on, and Windows says the program is running, but the game isn't going on. I use Win7 64bit, if it helps.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:08 pm

Can you make more missions like this? Maybe with different weapon choices if it's possible? This map is really good.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:52 am

ecLipZ wrote:
I don't know what causes the problem, but my game frozes out in this mission every time i reach the door. This problem happened to me several times in other missions (even in the default ones with no mods), but only randomly. The sounds of the game keep going on, and Windows says the program is running, but the game isn't going on. I use Win7 64bit, if it helps.

I'm having a similar problem. The mission freezes at random for me though, not at a specific part. I've got a windows 7 64 bit OS and other (fanmade at least) missions run fine for me. This one just has a knack for completely freezing the game to the point where i have to ctrl alt del to get out of it.

Sun May 08, 2011 1:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]