View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Mission: Battle 

Post Mission: Battle
You are an old abandoned experiment with the sole purpose to kill the coalition. Eliminate them with your outdated tech.

This is a pretty hard mission.

The mission looks very similar, but troops are already placed for you. I didnt feel like remaking this giant panorama.

there is a blank map, titled "Battle no npcs", which can be used for other gamemodes, and there is a map called "Battlesetup." this is pictured above. just run the scenario and place your troops.

sorry for the lame title.
Special thanks to Abdul Alhazred for a lot of things.

Attachments:
File comment: .
v1.0 :Initial release
v1.2 :Fixed it not working
v1.3 :Added Mission
v1.4 :Made it harder to cheat.

Battle.rte.rar [57.69 KiB]
Downloaded 1167 times

Last edited by adwuga on Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:15 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Tue May 31, 2011 11:44 pm

Post Re: Fort Battles (map, mission in progress)
Looks nice... might have to try it someday... tired right now... have to study for tests ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzz........

(EDIT) dlin now to test it will make a final descision in a bit

(EDIT2) I tried it... i opened up the battlesetup scene for a scenario battle.... game crashed... will wait some time and scan over some folders and check that things are in harmony

Last edited by Imanoobx5 on Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:09 pm

looks sexy to me.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:47 am

any feedback on the map?

can you tell me anything about the crash? Ill try on another computer and see if it works. there might be some requirement or something

Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:17 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

The mission crashes CC for me too. Probably because you have references to "Air Support.rte" in you scenes. Also, you sometimes write "battle.rte" and sometimes "Battle.rte" which will cause problems on Mac and Linux AFAIK.

My advice is to always test your mods on a fresh install of CC without any other mods in it once before release. This will catch any dependency errors.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:59 am

thats good advice. its fixed now, still working on the mission.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:15 am

Post Re: Mission: Battle
This was wayyy too easy, in difficulty I would give it 1 out of 10.

I did this mission with one unit without breaking a sweat, distance is your enemy when making a map and this map is as wide open as a fat mans mouth eating a jonny cake.

Things you can improve on are;

- You must kill all units before you kill the brain; I can just kill the brain and win. This can be done with a hidden brain that checks the scene for a win scenario if the player kills the fake brainbot.
- Place the brain in a impenetrable bunker (custom material like test) forcing the player to confront the brain unit fairly.
- Having random bombs or units spawn in the middle would be a challenge.

This is a good first attempt though.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:10 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

First things first, to make the brain virtually unreachable place it underground, not at the top of the bunker, in that way I can easily get with a dropship at the top, dig the roof and kill it.

And make more units spawn and more defenses for the enemy fort.

Still, it's a good map and mission.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:26 am

how did you use 1 guy to kill the brain? you have no money in the mission, and no one has a digger. That also means you cant buy any dropships. Even if you get to the brain before you kill everyone, he teleports down underground, and you cant get him unless everyone else is dead. unless you use a money cheat or some cheat mod you have to kill everyone to kill the brain, or dig through wall and metal with a gun, which takes forever. any mission is easy with money cheats. i didnt make anyone spawn because I thought it would be too hard, and i was pushing the MOID limit thing. On the battle setup its pretty easy though.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:07 am

I just mugged the guy on the roof for his gun then unloaded a few clips into the roof to get a bullet through to the brain.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:18 pm

oh ok. ill fix that.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:48 pm

I tried it the normal way killing everybody.. it took me 2 guys no sweat, but when I killed everybody the brain just teleported underground anyway I think that is broken. I just tunneled underground with a shotgun and shot the brain, you underestimate peoples determination to win.

Check out weegee's missions for hard. He structures the maps in small space where the AI have a fighting chance to kill you, try using custom material also so people can't shoot through stuff.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:19 pm

did you kill every single enemy? you have to do that before you can use the teleporter. Weegee's missions are harder, but I have beaten a few of them and I think this is pretty close. can you tell me how you did it sot that I could fix it?

EDIT: fixed some of the things other people said. updated main post.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:49 pm

Firstly you have one half of a teleporter, it needs two to function A and B or it cause an error and lags like ♥♥♥♥, Secondly even when I have killed all the enemies on the map (which I don't give a ♥♥♥♥ what you say, is not hard at all) the lua teleportation does NOT work.

Please try to test the map throughly before ever releasing anther map ever again.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:00 pm

I have tested and beaten my map, I used half a teleporter to show that that's where the teleporter is and not be confusing, and it didn't lag on my average computer, so don't assume that its my fault. if you nicely tell me there's a problem, like everyone else, I will try to fix it.

EDIT: well it seems that the teleport isnt working, but everything I have previously said since then is true, and I havent changed the script so im unsure as to why its broken. i'll try fixing it.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]