View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:05 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Opposing Bases - Build 14 remake 

Post Opposing Bases - Build 14 remake
Cortex Command is such an awesome game, and I got kind of bored so I decided to try to make a map. Here's the first beta version of it.

Just extract the ZIP to your Cortex Command directory. If you have an old version of the map, delete that folder first.

Take a look at the attached screenshot to get an idea of how the map looks.

Updates:
Beta 3: Remade the map from scratch using templates from build 14. Renamed a few variables so it shouldn't interfere with other maps anymore.

Beta 2: Changed some variables to see if the map loads for everyone. If you can see the map in the game already, you don't need this update.

If it's not showing up in the map selection, try this trick:
MaximDude wrote:
Download it
Open folder, move all the stuff in there to a new folder
Delete original folder
Rename folder to the name of the original folder
PLAY!

Last edited by antila on Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:03 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:27 am
Profile ICQ

O_o That looks amazing! I am totally getting that!

Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:28 am
Profile WWW

Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:33 am

Captain, i'm detecting high levels of win in this sector.

Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:37 am
Profile WWW

That looks.....looks....loo..ks.... AWEASOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:19 am

Before build 12 we had to overwrite base.rte. Because then CC only loaded the Grazzlands. Just so you know.
The map looks good.

Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:11 pm
Profile WWW

Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:19 pm

You did an AMAZING job imitating the original style, which is very hard to imitate, due to the fact it originates from tablet drawings, and not pixel art.

Oh wait, you used the Bunker Section's that Data posted in the Dev Log.

I was planning on doing something similar to you, but in the future, make them match up better. They are either off center, or too bright.

Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:44 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

baarhh.. what are you guys up about? its just a edited grasslands bunker [/sacasm] holy fudge it looks cool!

Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:13 pm

Really nice, finally a decent map, dude today is turning out great. "goodjab champ" :D

Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:30 pm
Profile WWW

Before build 12 we had to overwrite base.rte. Because then CC only loaded the Grazzlands. Just so you know.
The map looks good.

Ah, I didn't know that. build 12 was the first one I downloaded. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Shogoll wrote:
In the future, make them match up better. They are either off center, or too bright.

Yeah, I know. This is just something I threw together real quick to see if it'd work. Now that I know how to do things I'll put some more effort in it.

And thanks everyone for the support and praise! I appreciate it. I've got a few ideas for a map or two, so maybe I'll do more stuff. Or just polish the graphics and such on this one a bit more. :smile:

Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:33 pm
Profile ICQ

I'll TAKE it! This map looks fantastic, and in my opinion a base in a non wrapping map is far easier to hold.

and I won't accidentally kill my own brain with a sharpness modded ultima...

Posted after 15 minutes 50 seconds:

hmm, It's not reading it when I load it. Just so you know I'm working build 13 (at least, I think I am. I downloaded the game from the home page yesterday, so it'll be whatever the latest build is.) curiously, I also have a map in there called Test.rte which isn't loading either, even though it has all the things a map requires (contour maps, objects, .ini files etc). Anyone care to help me out? :3

Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:50 pm

"Map is not wrapping"

I'll TAKE it! This map looks fantastic, and in my opinion a base in a non wrapping map is far easier to hold.

hmm, It's not reading it when I load it. Just so you know I'm working build 13 (at least, I think I am. I downloaded the game from the home page yesterday, so it'll be whatever the latest build is.) curiously, I also have a map in there called Test.rte which isn't loading either, even though it has all the things a map requires (contour maps, objects, .ini files etc). Anyone care to help me out? :3

I was wondering if I was the only one. I have it installed properly but it won't recognize it

Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:19 pm

ChazFox wrote:
"Map is not wrapping"

I was wondering if I was the only one. I have it installed properly but it won't recognize it

Are you guys sure you're using the latest version? I don't think the link on the frontpage is the right one. Try using the one posted here: http://www.datarealms.com/devlog/cortex ... 2s-issues/

And does it try to load the map? It should look like the screenshot attached. It's one of the last things it loads.

Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:50 pm
Profile ICQ

Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:04 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next