View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 19  Next
 [Abandoned] Cortex Shock 

Post Re: Cortex Shock [V1.5]
grolon wrote:
1. fuse boxes can explode, or fly at great velocities killing your character and destroying the fuze. :roll:

Don't go at the fuse boxes running into them trying to stomp them like if you are a rhino.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:40 pm

grolon wrote:
1. fuse boxes can explode, or fly at great velocities killing your character and destroying the fuze. :roll:

Don't go at the fuse boxes running into them trying to stomp them like if you are a rhino. First buy a gun and then you shoot at the fuses.

EDIT: sorry for double post, browser lagged.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:47 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

You can edit/delete your posts.

And maybe you should get some sort of message saying "I should get a gun to open this fuse box.", since I've read a lot of people were ramming the boxes when they first played instead of getting a gun and shooting them.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:34 pm

Or have the AI suggest it, and mention that there's a shop+console at the top right more clearly.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:10 pm
Profile YIM

Very nice mission pack! I can't wait for the next part, the levels were well done and the atmosphere tense.
The skills are a nice touch too; I especially liked the regeneration and demolitions skills. I also noticed that if you level up your toughness enough you seen to become impervious to fall damage, pretty handy when you want to drop in unannounced lol. :twisted:

Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:31 am

Asklar wrote:
You can edit/delete your posts.

Can't see delete options here :D

Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:56 pm

what do now? I got the cartog hack from the top most level (i think the top most)
Then i opened the doors, then i hacked a few consoles and the "decommission one fan" mission wouldnt complete. so i destroyed one then left and re-entered and then it worked.

But now i have no quests.

Found it, Control room door i hadnt discovered.

next problem is the control room defense, dummies are so weak and the endless security bots are a real pain. the zombies arnt so bad.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:38 pm

Great mod :) Is there a walkthrough? Because i'm stuck :/

Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:00 am

Psygnosis wrote:
what do now? I got the cartog hack from the top most level (i think the top most)
Then i opened the doors, then i hacked a few consoles and the "decommission one fan" mission wouldnt complete. so i destroyed one then left and re-entered and then it worked.

next problem is the control room defense, dummies are so weak and the endless security bots are a real pain. the zombies arnt so bad.

Ooh, yeah i think im stuck at the same part as you, where you're meant to stop the boot process? Yeah i have no idea how to do that.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:03 am

Friendofafriend wrote:
Psygnosis wrote:

Ooh, yeah i think im stuck at the same part as you, where you're meant to stop the boot process? Yeah i have no idea how to do that.

Nobody can be in the central room with all the monitors, or else the bootup process will pause, this includes your guys as well.
Easiest way is to keep one man in the top hallway to kill the security bots and use the other one to clear the control room of zombies. If you let them all reach the control room it'll turn into one big mess that will be hard to get rid of.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:18 am

Friendofafriend wrote:
Great mod :) Is there a walkthrough? Because i'm stuck :/

walkthrough = ask here.

speaking of which perhaps someone should put together a walkthrough. maybe ill get something together on YT sometime

Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:24 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

RcherD, every time you change level game is saved automatically into CampaignData\current.dat . Without it Cortex Shock won't work. Every time you start a new game, or load saved game your CURRENT GAME IS LOST, BECAUSE CURRENT.DAT GETS OVERWRITTEN BY NEW\LOADED GAME STATE. If you want to save your game forever you must explicitly save it on skill assignment screen when it's available, or copy your current.dat if you can't wait for next level.

BTW what do you guys think if I'll make it autosave game in separate files but you'll have to manage them manually anyway?

Arcalane, there's already a local map which tells where's everything, c'mon. I can't explain every step player needs to make to get somewhere. All those ME3's and CoD's really spoiled modern players. Just remember Doom, that's how it meaned to played )))

I'll try to address issues with fuse boxes and exploding furniture in the upcoming major relese. No smaller updates until then, sorry. The good news are that I've finally started working on it again.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:48 am

weegee wrote:
The good news are that I've finally started working on it again.

<3 <3 <3

Do tell if you need more help, it was so much fun working on this.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:03 am

weegee wrote:
Arcalane, there's already a local map which tells where's everything, c'mon. I can't explain every step player needs to make to get somewhere. All those ME3's and CoD's really spoiled modern players. Just remember Doom, that's how it meaned to played )))

:twisted: Ahh, Doom. Still, it seems to be something that quite a few people are tripping over.

---

weegee wrote:
I'll try to address issues with fuse boxes and exploding furniture in the upcoming major relese. No smaller updates until then, sorry. The good news are that I've finally started working on it again.

\o/

I'll need to send over some updated faction files at some point, probably once I've released the next 40K comp update. Price/name changes etc. etc.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:49 pm
Profile YIM

Did some purging for the emperor until I reached the point where I need to go through the hub. Damn, it was just getting good as well...

I also accidentally blew up a pump and never got my other marine, but Titus and Agathan trooped on anyway. Oh, might I add that the Storm Bolter > every other weapon and enemy.

Arcalane, can we expect an Imperial Guard or Kasrkin squad to get put in?

Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 19  Next