View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 [Abandoned] Cortex Shock 

Post Re: Cortex Shock
Yeah this is a really great mission and quite difficult for me at least which is a good challenge :) only problem is the lack of enemies on my space marine save

Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:42 pm

StanT101 wrote:
I'm still having issiues with game crashing upon getting out from starting area with 40k mod...I'll post this there aswell...
Want to play with them so badly :-(

I have this problem as well, but on extra investigation, i loaded the save game, and i was successfully on the second level except without enemies and the computer/console hacking would not work.
I then tried to go into another level again, and the game crashed, same as the first, so obviously the problem is when you transition from level to level. I've not tried this WITHOUT the 40k mod, but from previous experience, i could not play the vanilla characters without horrifically being murdered after a few enemies.

On a side note, the PDA menu can not be opened from the side menu, but the dialogue works fine.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:31 am

So I booted up the control room and the hub is under construction so... what do I do now? Is there any side quests I missed because I see all of those fancy gadgets in the cortex shock folder but haven't seen them put to use...

Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:39 am

I am trying to run this with W40k but whenever I start the mission it says go and its just a screen of space. I followed thd directions and I dont get any errors its just that nothing happens. How do I fix this?

Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:25 am

Speaking of which how do you get passed the control room...

Whenever I put the pumps into Eco-mode I end up with a control room full of security bots who don't kill the zombies...exactly why am I a security threat but the zombies aren't?

Also why are the cryo-chambers compromised when I haven't damaged a single pump?

Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:15 am

The download link is ...... not working.
Unfortunate server down? Or is it that China is senselessly blocking everything again?

Oh gawd, I need this hawt mod. I bet it had a lot of updates since I last ran it.

CORTEX COMMAND. FREAKIN. AWESOME

Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:29 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Works fine.Try this one - https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=3 ... FC552C!860

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:58 pm

weegee wrote:

OOOOOOOOooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh YYYYeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhh

Uh-hngg uh-hnng

*if you got 2 spare minutes, please spare me and also upload tower assault: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=31907

Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:46 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Here you go.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=3 ... FC552C!865

Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:14 pm

What button do you press in order to advance the text? I can't find any button to use :/

Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:31 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Just switch actors.

Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:14 pm

---------------------------
RTE Aborted! (x_x)
Failed to find the CortexShock.rte Data Module!

The last frame has been dumped to 'abortscreen.bmp'

You can copy this message with Ctrl+C
OK
I just deleted cortex shock and this appeared.
EDIT*
Void wanderers as well, what's wrong with your mods weegee?

Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:25 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=34264

Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:44 am

This is a great mod.

That said it is also ridiculously, amazingly, frustratingly hard.

I'm only near the beginning fighting the security bots, but so far, I have 2 guys, they have anywhere from 3 to 10. They are better equipped than me. If I take too long to kill them more come. They can take more damage. They have more guns. They can fire at me offscreen where I can't see them.Get shot too much and your gun breaks, which means I have a choice between taking 2 assault rifles and 3 shotguns into battle or being able to move under the weight of my backpack. A direct point blank headshot to a bot does 20-30 damage. 2 or 3 pellets from a shotgun launched somewhere offscreen will turn me into a pile of bloody giblets. When there's too many enemies, I lag. When there's a Gatling turret, I lag. When I throw a grenade, I lag. Not only that, but the game has you ridiculously reliant on grenades, which are a total crapshoot. Throw them too hard and they break. Throw them not hard enough and they land in front of you and you roll the dice to see whether you dodge every single particle from the explosion because of your crouching abilities and the presence of a mangled corpse between you and the nade or you turn into a bloody pulp. Throw them just right and the enemy steps on them, shattering the grenade along with your hopes.

And if I make on tiny screw up, anywhere from 15 minutes to 50 are erased because I didn't exit and reenter the room.

This is a fun mod. It is an addicting mod. It is an amazing mod. It is the best mod I have ever seen for this game, or any for that matter. It is also an incredible way to lose 10 hours of your time trying to beat one room just so you can screw up 2 inches from victory and have to start the battle all over.

Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:07 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

True, but this was released at the times of B27 (and I could complete every single quest) and since then bots bacame much stronger. Most of my older mods probably became unbeatable thanks to this. Have you tried playing on easy difficulty? It least it should decrease the number of enemies.

Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next