View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 19  Next
 [Abandoned] Cortex Shock 
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: Cortex Shock [V1.5]
ryry1237, fair objections, I'll try to do something about that. Probably some money-depending quest in future.

Mattress, no you can't get to save screen without points. If you really need your game saved in another slot just copy your current.dat somewhere. I'll probably fix this in 2.0.

Joseh123, didn't try that mod, I don't like when something messing with original files.

Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:31 pm

O-kay. I have a bit of a problem. Whenever I get to the faction screen, I select my faction and the game just stops. Keys are not responsive (excluding ESC), but the mouse is (RMB brings up the pie menu around the Back button, which gives me the option to open the buy menu). I end up having to close CC. I've downloaded your scene, unpacked it in the CC folder, set the res to 800x600, etc, etc. I honestly don't know what else to do. Do you guys have any idea what might be wrong?

EDIT: I don't know if this helps, but when I was randomly pressing buttons in frustration just now, I brought up the console, which displayed this error:
Console wrote:
ERROR: CortexShock.rte/Libraries/CF_ConfigLibrary.lua:81: attempt to index local 'file' (a nil value)

Please do/don't let it be something stupidly simple.

Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:19 am

Sounds like it might be having trouble reading/writing save data to the /CampaignData/ folder judging by that section of the script. Doublecheck that folder exists inside CortexShock.rte (it should; if not, create it), and that it and none of the files in there are read-only.

As always, ensure you're running CC in admin mode/on an account with admin priviledges etc. etc.

Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:46 am
Profile YIM

Aha! That fixed the problem. The /CampaignData/ folder did not exist. It appears to be working perfectly now. Many many thanks, sir.

Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:56 am

so, in between working on my mod and homework I've been playing this mod, and I've got to say that you did a great job on the parts I've gotten to so far.
I am playing as the coalition soldiers and haven't tried the other factions out yet (and now that it crosses my mind, could you add the silicon creatures mod to the list of supported characters?) so I don't know about those, but as the coalition I'm now frustrated beyond belief because I can't get past the security robots because they just -KEEP COMING-
everywhere I go if I spend more than five minutes there they just continuously stream into the room, and if I'm not specifically controlling the actor I leave to be rear guard I'm screwed.
what's up with that?

Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:28 am
Profile YIM

You can always lower the difficulty, although this will only take effect at the beginning of the game.

Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:36 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

jakspica, Cortex Shock support must be implemented in the faction mod, I can't just add any external mod to faction list like in my previous mods. Also AFAIK Silicon Creatures can't fly and don't have custom weapons.

And if we're not talking about some error, they're not -KEEP COMING- depending on yor difficulty you'll get 2-6 enemies in every wave every 420-300 seconds. Some quests launch one wave after another though, but it's quest specific and temporary.

Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:37 pm

alright, just thought I'd ask.

as for the "seemingly" endless hoardes of security bots...
I am currently in the command room (the room with the giant monitors and if anything goes in the room it is labeled as a "threat")
there is only one way out of the area and that door continuously spawns security bots every 30 seconds ad infinitum and since I spend most of my time cutting down every single bot as they enter it's virtually impossible to exit before the next round of bots sidles in and begins shooting everything that has a red square above it's head >.<
bah, guess I'll just keep trying then, thanks for replying

Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:45 pm
Profile YIM

Yeah, uh... the whole point of that room (once you start the bootup) is to hold them off until the sequence completes. Once that's done, the waves should stop.

Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:08 pm
Profile YIM

yeah, I've just figured that out actually, considering I cannot proceed in any "forward" direction any more
however, this seems to be a pretty ridiculous demand considering you've got both the bots -and- the zombies spawning constantly, neither of whom have any interest in the demise of any individual besides those with little red boxes above their heads.
nevertheless, I will continue to attempt to clear out and hold this room.

I am, however, thinking about going into the code and attempting to eliminate that sharp aim jitter that seems to plague anyone under my command but seems inconveniently absent from any actor the AI controls.
CCAI: incompetent in everything -but- planting enough lead into your characters to start a lead farm.

Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:30 pm
Profile YIM

Well you only have to keep out of the main area with the large screen. For the most part you can hide in any of the smaller rooms and pick off everything that comes into the control room from a fairly safe place. It's still not an easy task but the challenging but not frustratingly impossible situation is what makes it fun.

Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:38 pm

yeah, I eventually got it (literally just now) and now they are coming out of the other side XD
guess I really did just need to play better (helped that I leveled all of their toughness up though)
This is a great mod btw

Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:57 pm
Profile YIM

COME COME 1.6
GOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:08 am

let me start off by saying: this. is . amazing.

unfortunately i have noticed three bugs:
1. fuse boxes can explode, or fly at great velocities killing your character and destroying the fuze. :roll:
2. furniture like chairs or file cabinets can explode if your character runs into them. :cry:
3. when or if a computer is not successfully hacked(or maybe its just that specific computer that I'm trying to hack), cortex command stops working. :x
other than that, this is the best mod i have ever had the pleasure of downloading. :D

Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:13 am

Re: Cortex Shock [V1.5] CANNOT SAVE, SAVE ME FROM THIS HOLE
OKay now, honey-s, sweethearts, dears,
Fixing other people's tweaks and bugs and errors, is not the best way to spend your time, or that you want to
BUT YOU'VE GOT TO SAVE ME PLZ I AM GOING INSANE COZ I CANNOT PLAY THIS ANYMORE

A rational explanation? Don't count on it

In the CortexShock Gameplay and Concepts documents attached in the mod it mentions (and on other websites too) that game is automatically saved when actors are transferred to other areas; that's not been working well for me.
Apparently I pressed START NEW GAME the first time I played this mod (fantastic baby, woohoo), played to level 3, and I had to get off my laptop - when I restarted cortexcommand (so cortexshock) next time, I had to start all over again, I just figured the data was saved automatically considering none of the notices or boxes came out asking kindly gently: Would you like to SAVE

so I had to start all over again - this is the important part

2nd time I already learned a lesson, so I pressed SaveData 1 on the data selection screen when you first start SHOCK, and it all seemed to work out all right when I was in level 3 all over again with no game save asks whatsoever, and I had to get off the laptop again to go out, and some days later TYEAH it was the stupid Blond Rambo looking guy waking up near the fuse boxes again Yeah I am so mad right now and always has been that I can't even remember his name (Mia is hot all right, although irrelevant)

I know my laptop hates me and I also know that some~times~ game developers all around the globe likes to screw with my assh just for the heck of it
Have a heart, I didn't dare touch the game ever since that 2 restarts in COrttexShock

Oh my, I am shiverring right now

If it helps: When I try to build a base in any other scenario game plays like skirmish defense for example, The pie-chart shows only two options which are DONE building and List, the Cancel Piece and Save base option doesn't work, is that because my version is 24 or is it all suddenly restricted to some DEMO-only-you-are-screwed kind of situation.
*Sigh*

Respectfully,
RcherD

Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 19  Next