View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next
 [Abandoned] Cortex Shock 
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: Cortex Shock [V1.1]
Sure. But technically you can save only during scene change. And how do you tell Cortex Shock that this time you want to save?

Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:17 am

Post Re: Cortex Shock [V1.1]
Well the easiest way would be to open the level up screen every time you change places, but that'd be kind of annoying.
Perhaps you could put a tab/button in the pda that allows you to choose whether you want to open the level up screen next transition. It'd be best to make pressing it while it's on turn it off and to make it reset to off after every scene transition.

Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:43 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: Cortex Shock [V1.2]
Updated to 1.2. Fixed an error Asklar found.

Bad Boy, reasonable I'll think about it. I made it save on next level not because I'm a monster, but because it seemed the most smart way of saving at that time :)

Last edited by weegee on Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:59 am

I don't disagree with you, it works fine since you can always just use continue to load from the last place you were. I don't actually think more frequent saving is really needed since you probably won't be playing more than one game at once (and if you are you can always back up your current.dat in the CampaignData folder). These were just a couple of ideas for how to allow more frequent saving.

Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:09 am

Updated Marine faction files;

✓ - Added Storm Shields to all Marine factions;
✓ - Storm Shields can be unlocked with data by all factions, but Large Storm Shields must be gotten from special blueprints for all factions save Black Templars
✓ - Robots should now be armed with laspistols and lasguns instead of dummy weapons
✓ - Ultramarines correctly get gold discounts on all weapons

Attachment:
File comment: Updated~
40KFactionsR2.zip [19.45 KiB]
Downloaded 369 times

Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:18 pm
Profile YIM

I've finished the engineering room quest, got all 3 encryption keys, stormed through the control room, found the correct online console and downloaded all of the data.
What do I do now?

Also, how do you get the third member of the party?
I hacked all of the engineering room motor devices rather than destroy them and I've rechecked all of the rooms, but he's still not appearing anywhere.

I'm playing coalition if that's important.

Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:45 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

If you booted big consoles then you've reached the end of level one and all you can do is wait until second level will be released :) Send me your save file I'll take a look about 3rd member.

UPD:

And yes dummies get armor upgrades just like any other factions.

Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:52 pm

I found the single online console, but I haven't figured out how to boot the 4 big consoles and the game just keeps sending me more and more zombies and robo guards.

Attachments:
current.rar [8.64 KiB]
Downloaded 343 times

Last edited by ryry1237 on Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:31 pm

The four primary consoles in the control room treats player actors as a threat too, so you need to keep your guys off to one side whilst it boots and only step in if a zombie/robot has made it in and halted the bootup. I leave one guy at the top to snipe the robots as they arrive, and have another in the main room to take anyone that gets into the control room.

Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:53 pm
Profile YIM

So you have to make sure the big room remains cleared of all "threats" at all times?

Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:04 pm

Precisely. Any intruding actors will cause the game to show "Threat!" and red arrows will point to the offending entity, similar to the ones that point to locations/your actors when you hold the next/prev buttons.

The boot-up, assuming you've hacked all six pumps or destroyed one of them, takes about a minute and a half to two minutes. Intruders in the room will pause the countdown until removed or terminated, at which point the countdown resumes. Once it hits 0 the screens should change and HAL will send you a blank message.

Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:17 pm
Profile YIM

Got my self a bit of a problem.

I have Space marines and the Wehrmacht mods installed. I have every space marine Chapter except Ultra Marines and Space Wolves, I have asterisked them in the Cortex shock faction folder so they don't show up in game.
But I get a problem when I try to select a faction, Ronin, Dummy's and Coalition have about 30 soldiers around their boxes and the other boxes are empty. when I select one of the boxes it starts the game and everything is black.
Any help?

Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:51 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

You need to enable cortex shock actors in W40K. Enabling chapters is not enough.

Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:10 pm

I left Cortex Shock-specific actors disabled by default in order to cut down the loading times required. The IoM compilation is a large mod, enough that I was considering making the Cortex Shock functionality a seperate download.

Green refers to files in W40K.rte, and Red refers to files in CortexShock.rte.

1) Enable the chapter of your choice in Factions.ini - that's business-as-usual.
2) Open Index.ini and uncomment the line that includes CShock Index.ini.
3) Go into the CortexShock folder, open the CShock Index.ini, and uncomment the chapter(s) of your choice again. Remember you need to have the corresponding chapters already uncommented, or else it won't load at all.
4) Finally, make sure the faction .lua file is listed in the Factions.cfg of CortexShock.rte.

Might be wise to leave the faction .lua files commented out of the config file in future builds, since the mod can't easily determine which chapters are and aren't enabled; if any one of them fails to load due to not finding a specified actor, any following faction files will fail also.

Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:45 pm
Profile YIM
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Yeah already done it in incoming build.

UPD:

Updated to 1.3

- Added missing text for Boot consoles quest
- Lvl 5 coalition troops now look like SuperHeavies
- Fresh W40K faction files
- Faction test script improved
- Current game info now showed at load screen

Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next