View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next
 [Abandoned] Cortex Shock 
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: Cortex Shock
Who sleeps in the cryochamber with a gun? ))) Ok, I'll just throw it near that replication chamber, or how was it called.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:31 pm

Well, they automatically get grenades via the Demolition skill if they come out of the replication pod, no? What madman sleeps wearing grenades? :wink:

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:33 pm
Profile YIM

weegee wrote:
Bad Boy, we could, but probably we won't. Just look at it, we have a guy, with a gun, a gun with infinite ammo, and the guy need to destroy a couple of boxes. And he does that by smashing them with his own face. And that guy is hoping to survive zombie apocalypse. Riiiiight...

Maybe we could just throw some free gun somewhere on the first level?

Look at it this way, if someone asked you to get a fuse out of a fusebox would you ask for a gun and then blast away at it first? Or would you just go and grab the fuse out of the box like a sane person? There's obviously some amount of disconnect between what the objective is and what the player has to do.

My suggestion is to just rephrase the objective somewhat so that the players know they have to shoot the damn things. :P

Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:52 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

weegee wrote:
Bad Boy, we could, but probably we won't. Just look at it, we have a guy, with a gun, a gun with infinite ammo, and the guy need to destroy a couple of boxes. And he does that by smashing them with his own face. And that guy is hoping to survive zombie apocalypse. Riiiiight...

Maybe we could just throw some free gun somewhere on the first level?

Instead of a free gun, make it a crowbar. Or a metal pipe. Or something like that.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:34 am

okay im sad. its my first time playing and i went through some comments. whenever i load the scene i get past the save phase and the faction phase. when i actually get to playing the part with headsmashing into crates i get random dots over my head. i suppose they say something but i cant read it. i tried changing resolution. i changed game and comp resolution to 800x600 like u said to do but it didnt change. actually nothing happened beside me having less screen space outside of game and ingame screen got smaller too.... can anyone help? i really want to play this it seems so amazing... :sad:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:48 pm

Played for about an hour, mission was amazing as expected. However when I advanced to another area the skills screen came up because i leveled up, chose some skills and the save screen popped up. The bad thing was it said I was dead (the red dead text) at the save screen so i couldn't actually select a save slot. It was good none the less.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:55 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Zeroxys, did you disable postprocessing in settings or "optimized" game settings somehow?

helifreak, can you PM me your current.dat file which generates that error?

Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:29 am

weegee wrote:
Zeroxys, did you disable postprocessing in settings or "optimized" game settings somehow?

helifreak, can you PM me your current.dat file which generates that error?

i had to tweak delta time. could that be the problem?

Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:43 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Yeah most probably, you can try setting it to default vaule, or play with glows setting in Scenes\Objects\PDA\PDA.ini different LifeTime values until PDA UI appear on screen. Once the value is found set it also in Scenes/Objects/Letters/letters_t.ini

Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:48 pm

weegee wrote:
Yeah most probably, you can try setting it to default vaule, or play with glows setting in Scenes\Objects\PDA\PDA.ini different LifeTime values until PDA UI appear on screen. Once the value is found set it also in Scenes/Objects/Letters/letters_t.ini

Alright. Gee that sounds like work. Getting to it now.

EDIT: Alrighty sweet. after fidling with the glow settings for a while with no results i got bored so i dug into the slowmo watch mod, found the original delta time, switched it back, and problem solved. I got as far as the 2nd zone then i flew too fast into a wall and blew up. Twice. :P

Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:10 am

This looks epic, but after 4 tries of completely obliterating my body just trying to get the fuses, I gave up. Seriously need a tool to pry open those boxes.

Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:20 am

There's a shop at the top right. Fly up and buy a gun. :P

Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:08 am
Profile YIM

Weegee, I'd suggest updating it with this. It adds a line of text to showtutorial, when you pass the revival area, that tells the player to head to the shop above. It should clear up this problem pretty well.
Nothing else was changed so I'm sure it won't break anything and though I haven't checked ingame formatting to see if it all looks perfect I'm sure it'll be fine.
Attachment:
Cryo01_ShowTutorial.lua [5.52 KiB]
Downloaded 222 times

Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:13 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Hope I fixed everything. Added a gun and Bad Boy's tutorial text.

Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:18 am

I just registered an account so I could tell you how much fun I had playing this. Great work guys!

Mind you, I did find the 'defend the control room' section to be rediculously difficult. I basically had to grind for levels until I got max toughness before I could complete it.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next