View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next
 [Abandoned] Cortex Shock 

Post Re: Cortex Shock [V1.4]
Thanks everyone.
*Note to self* Never ask on the forum unless you are ABSOLUTELY sure you have a problem, other wise you look like an idiot.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:07 pm

Help?
Installing a new CC and a new download of the mod fixed it.

Last edited by Rainbows on Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:07 pm

Whilst I remember; might want to expand the first shop/console room on the first level. The position of the shop means it tries to place the displayed item in the wall, and ends up offsetting it a bit/messing up the wall.

Also an option for opaque menus might be nice. It gets a bit hard to read the logs/shop info on that semitransparent background.

Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:56 am
Profile YIM
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

The problem is they cannot be opaque, they are glows :( I could draw 2-3 of them to make them look better, but it will cause even bigger lag.

Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:14 pm

Is it intended for level 4-5 toughness Coalition soldiers (haven't checked the other factions) to take no damage from entrywound headshots?
They still bleed and can be gibbed with enough bullets, but it seems a tad bit unnatural.

Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:34 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Yeah lvl-5 sodliers don't take headshot damage at all.

Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:35 pm

Hi there. Apologies if I'm missing something really obvious - but I'm stumped. After collecting all the fuses and purchasing weapons, where do I get the second personality chip to create a new clone? Can't for the life of me work it out despite flying around shooting everything in sight.. Nobody else seems to posted with this issue so I guess I'm just missing something right in front of my eyes :) Thanks to the team for what's looking to be a very promising scene!

Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:41 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Personality matrix is in one of the crates.

UPD:

Updated to v1.5. Non-saving off-hand items problem fixed, thanks to everyone who reported this.

Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:20 pm

Got to say this is by far one of the best things to happen to CC lately. I have one issue (Apart from the fact I'm terrible); Playing as Bear Federation, leaving the AI unattended with an F1 Grenade in his hand will cause it to explode. Sometimes it happens when I'm in control too.

Also, how do I add weapons to the shop? And is it relatively easy to make the enemy AI use said weapons?

Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:00 pm

Post Re: Cortex Shock [V1.5]
Hello
First of all, thanks for this fantastic mod. I got one question on the 3rd character that appears in the access shaft after all generators had been activated. Due to the faction marker he(it?) was killed by the turrets before I could have a chance to even reach him. Is there a way to somehow have another chance for it or somehow even re-initiate the encounter, since he does not drop personality matrix chip when he died.
Thank you.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:10 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Morbo, everything related to shop items and enemies is defined in faction files at CortexShock.rte\Factions\ . You have to be very careful with Lua syntax, any error and console will explode from error messages.

Setarium, to reset that quest open your save file in notepad and delete line Cryo03_SaveCharacter_Complete=True . Character must be saved, if he dies then quest is failed. To save him you just need to get close enough.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:32 pm

weegee wrote:
Updated to v1.5. Non-saving off-hand items problem fixed, thanks to everyone who reported this.

Cool, I came here to report that one.

I also got my head blown off by the fuse boxes in the first room. The first time it was because I was just walking around and exploring and didn't realize that I'd collide with the boxes, and then I saw the fuse pop out and thought "oh, I have to collect those" and died a few more times trying to get them. Either of these two solutions would work:
- make the boxes tougher
- make them not explode as violently

The same problem applies to the file cabinets and chairs from later rooms. I got my head blown off by those too.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:55 pm

Hope you won't mind if I nitpick about things here, but here are my thoughts on a couple of number balancing things.

1. I haven't tested this on 1.5, but for 1.4 and before, there are a couple of consoles that gives so many credits and data that it practically ruins the purpose of credit and data collecting.
One of them is the console at the far west of the area.
I know it's one of the most difficult consoles to hack, but giving more than 1K in credits and data, which is then multiplied by your guy's intelligence tends to really throw things off balance.

imo, none of the consoles should give more than ~500 base credits/data, and if you want to make a particularly difficult but rewarding console to hack, make it give something other than credits/data. (The sentry guard bots AI hack console was a great idea to implement)

2. Make the small (bronze), medium (silver), and large (gold) data chips and credit cards give a bit more, something like 15, 30, 60, 120.
Golden credit cards currently don't feel like a strong enough motivator to spend 10 minutes trying to squeeze through a vent shaft.
I've also seen platinum credit cards in the files, but I haven't noticed any in-game.

3. Make the riot shields cost less credit.
They're supposed to be a semi-disposable source of early-game protection when you still haven't gotten major money, heavy armor, or the big guns yet. In their current state, I'd just skip them completely and smash a few tables for those iron pieces and save up for a revolver cannon or something (brilliant idea btw to whoever came up with that. Would it be possible to add some of those office style water dispensers that spray simple MOPixel water everywhere when shot? I'll sprite them if you think suitable).

Overall thought on the credit/data limits, even if you made it so that there's not enough credit/data to buy every weapon provided by the factions in one go, I think that would be fine, since doing so would give the game more replay value (people trying different weapon builds and such).

Just my $0.02

Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:30 am

This is absolutely amazing! All of the sounds and music make it feel so immersive, and I love how I can just stockpile all my looted guns in one of the areas. Is there any chance of a 'Save Game' screen without having to go through doors with unallocated skill points, though? Also, it'd be neat if I could sell the guns and whatnot I loot from the enemies.

Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:17 am

Hey, is there any way to make a Brutality Mod compatible version? That would be so cool. But instead of zombies, you could use only robots and maybe some human characters (Coalition or Browncoat).

Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next