View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 SHIELD: Under Siege 

Post Re: SHIELD: Under Siege
Holy shite! That's quite something. Big trees indeed!
Tell me, did you manually add the needed line to your base.rte/scenes.ini file?
If so, did you put it at the end of the file?

Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:51 pm

No, it's loaded... at the start, in the Backgrounds section, for some reason. Geology is loaded some time afterwards, which would explain the overwriting issue.

I'd wager the reason nobody noticed is because the mapobjects are usually loaded later, and the hugetree isn't used on any maps.

Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:07 pm
Profile YIM
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Just wanted to notice that all of these missions were quite tested at some point and even beated by at least me, Gotcha! and Bad Boy, and even several times. What's more - they support difficulty levels. So yes, sometimes you get sniped by someone with Kar98, sometimes you get sniped by dropship engine, sometimes you get sniped by your teammate's jet pack. But real ninjas are patient and cold blooded, they don't care much about some random number generators.

Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:19 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Huh. Gonna try putting it at the end of the file.

Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:20 pm

Nearly lost Skyrise before it even started because the Coalition snipers were doing a damn fine job of killing the dropship! :roll:

Speaking of Skyrise, the 'bombing run' was rather... stale? Maybe have it sweep left->right rather than into the middle, and have a bit of angle on the bombs so they look like they're actually being dropped from a moving aircraft or flying in from offsite artillery rather than just dropping straight down.

Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:16 pm
Profile YIM

Yeah, that's why I let you take manual control of the dropship once it gets low enough, to offset the long unload times.
My idea for the bombing run was to have two crafts dropping bombs, partly damage balance so all the enemies there get killed and partly because I felt like just having one was a bit uninteresting (ironic).
As for angling them, that's just how they normally drop, if you drop bombs out of a moving dropship I'm pretty sure they'll still face down. But I'll see if I can do that to make it look cooler, I assume rotangle will work fine for it and I'll just apply a bit of X velocity.

And as weegee said, these missions aren't gonna be super easy and even if they were you'd still get sniped by a dropship engine at some point, it's CC we're talking about. I suppose it's hard to balance things too well when you make a mission because you get so good at that specific mission that you can walk through the whole thing without taking any damage. And you get used to knowing when the ai's gonna fire kar's :D As I said before though, if it's a problem to several people I'll take them out of the earlier missions as well.

Oh and if you want a real challenge in the City missions, play The Bank on Nuts!, the bombs take as long to plant as the elevator takes to come, pretty fun (office is also fun on Nuts!).

Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:40 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

When I begin the "The Bank" mission and the teleport beacons are scuttled and the three UniTec dudes appear, I instantly fail. There isn't any message on the lua console or anything, just a plain fail. I downloaded the latest thingies, but still.

Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:31 am

Congratulations weegee, bad boy and Gotcha! :)

This means a lot of fun to lurking users through the shadows, like me... thanks!

P.D.: Where're my crocodiles?!

Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:43 am

Well, all in all a fun, well-done true mission pack. What bugs me however, is that Towers are, for me, a mysterious difficulty spike, probably due to goddamn miniguns and crooks working against you.

The exploding crates are really surprising when you stumble upon them for the first time - in Suburbs I was casually strolling with Jack, trying to destroy the doors to the Dreadnought, then a stray shot hit the box I was almost standing on...

Also, just curious, what's the point of WEC troopers in Towers? Just taking up space?

EDIT: re-read the OP ;)

Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:45 am

Nothing like a little Dropship AI Stupidity-induced TPK to set the theme for mission;

Attachment:
idiotdropships.png
idiotdropships.png [ 120.15 KiB | Viewed 14252 times ]

:roll:

Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:59 am
Profile YIM

Thanks Naxete and scrdest, we all put a lot of time into these so I'm glad people are enjoying them and I'm sure weegee and Gotcha! are happy about it too.

Asklar: I'm not getting that bug, I just started it up to check and it's not happening on my end. If it's reproducible and such (which I imagine it would be) feel free to pm me so we can try to sort it out, I'd hate for you to be unable to play the mission because of that.

Arc bud, I feel like the world became a more joyous place for you when you found the :roll: smiley face :P Other than that, welcome to CC, dropships crash or drop people on other people and cause squishing. I shouldn't need to add that we can't do anything about that (except for rewrite the dropship ai script but that's beyond at least my level of expertise though probably not weegee's). If you died at the beginning of the mission that just makes it easier to restart since you've got very little to replay.

Also, B27's out, weegee and I will make any necessary changes when we have the time. If it works fine without them and balance isn't too broken then that's great. Either way it might be best to keep playing with B26 until we've updated though obviously that's up to the player.

Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:40 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I'll just wait for the B27 update, I probably messed up some vanilla stuff on my B26.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:47 am

Maps Objects Pack has been updated for B27. It had two references to changed vanilla stuff.
I temporarily uploaded it to my own webspace, because this forum is giving me troubles today. (I seem to be the only one so far. Go figure.)

Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:27 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Updated Earth chapter for B27.

Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:27 pm
Banned

what......what have you done? :-?
you are a real genious..... :-?
I.....I can't say anything......It's so beatiful.....
like a nuclear blast....... :P
oh,urm sorry this is so beatiful :-o I love you!

Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next