View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next
 Unmapped Lands 2 (UPD: V81 - 22 dec) 

Post Re: [WIP] Unmapped Lands 2 (UPD: V32)
4zK wrote:
Malamo999 wrote:
So, then, how do you enable the Untitled tech...?

You must first download the mod, then copy (or just cut) the Untitled.lua file located in the "Unmapped Lands 2" folder in Untitled.rte and paste it into the "Factions" folder in UnmappedLands2.rte. Then remove the asterisk in front of the "Untitled.lua" line in the .cfg file.

Ohhh, I see. Cheers! >_<

Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:58 pm

Hey Weegee, is a faction Lua guide planned? With all the custom scripts, It'd be good to know answers to the simpler questions like "Do I call the Grapple gun a DIGGER or can I say DEVICE" in the ItmTypes[factionid] line. Nothing big, just an overview of the variables and keywords your faction Lua script accepts

Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:06 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

CCS, not planned since nodody really cares making them. I can add more comments to Coalition.lua which can be used as an example.

Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:16 am

CCS wrote:
Hey Weegee, is a faction Lua guide planned? With all the custom scripts, It'd be good to know answers to the simpler questions like "Do I call the Grapple gun a DIGGER or can I say DEVICE" in the ItmTypes[factionid] line. Nothing big, just an overview of the variables and keywords your faction Lua script accepts

If you are familiar with the old faction.lua then you should be able to run through it easily. I have currently made a bunch of them for the War to End All Wars factions.

Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:52 pm

If you finish a(...n ally? That's what I played...) mission and hold down E before you're transported back to the regular scene, and continue holding it, the mod will totally glitch out and you won't be able to play it any more. :(

Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:29 pm

CCS wrote:

Permissable actor classes;
LIGHT, HEAVY, ARMOR, TURRET

Permissable weapon classes;
PISTOL, RIFLE, SHOTGUN, SNIPER, HEAVY, SHIELD, DIGGER, GRENADE

Everything else should be self-explanatory.

Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:30 pm
Profile YIM

Re: [WIP] Unmapped Lands 2 (UPD: V32)
How do I add mods to this mod? :sad:

Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:42 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

4zK wrote:
You must first download the mod, then copy (or just cut) the Untitled.lua file located in the "Unmapped Lands 2" folder in Untitled.rte and paste it into the "Factions" folder in UnmappedLands2.rte. Then remove the asterisk in front of the "Untitled.lua" line in the .cfg file.

Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:52 pm

For some odd reason, everytime I pick or stand on a Glock, it explodes violently, killing the Actor. It's a tad annoying when pistols turn into the Switcharoo mod. But then again, WIP is WIP. Great mod so far, though.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:48 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: [WIP] Unmapped Lands 2 (UPD: V33)
Updated to V33. Hopefully fixed LZ-related crash bug and bugs where UL2 glitches when mission ends.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:06 pm

Does the activity support difficulty changes? I tried playing against my own mod this time, but I was disappointed when the AI didn't build too many labs. I didn't get to see it using the powerful guns in my mod. :-(

I ended up walking through the hallways with a single unit equipped with a coalition heavy sniper rifle. At least the enemy units were equipped with hybrid grenades, but the only real use for them was for me to pick them up and throw them into the brain chamber.

I also noticed that the AI had bought two different pistol-class weapon blueprints (though I think it was probably just trying to save money by buying weaker sidearms). It should use the science to develop their primary weapons rather than their sidearms. Could you work out some way for it to attempt to *save* science for better weapons?

As for bugs; for some reason, in V32 the fog of war was off and intel unobtainable. In V33 the FoW is back, but the intel still remains unobtainable.

The AI LZ is sorted out, I think. Defending resulted in a victory when I killed the last attacker. :D

However, this is only based on a single play, so I'll try to play again and see if I encounter any tougher challenge. :)

Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:24 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

4zK wrote:
Does the activity support difficulty changes?

It kinda supports but in such a silly way that it's easier to say that it's not ))) In CF_MissionLibrary theres CF_CPUSpawnTimeRatio and CF_CPUBuildPriceRatio lower both to increase diffculty by reducing AI spawn interval and reducing facilities prices.

4zK wrote:
Could you work out some way for it to attempt to *save* science for better weapons?

Actually the AI is completely retarted. It just randomly researches something while it have enough points. I probably could make it build some kinf or tech-tree and develop items from but it may end up that AI will save points for something huge and fighting with AK-47 throughout the whole game. And this complex decision making will be unnoticed ))) If you can come up with ideas how AI must think to be more technically advanced you're welcome to share them here. But currently AI just tries to be on par with player building labs mostly when player does. BTW how many labs AI had?

4zK wrote:
As for bugs; for some reason, in V32 the fog of war was off and intel unobtainable.

Yeah, forgot to turn fog of war back on in V32, now everything is ok. I'll check about intel, should work but probably I broke something.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:34 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: [WIP] Unmapped Lands 2 (UPD: V34)
Updated to V34, fixed consoles, couple of nasty bugs and some more.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:20 pm

This is a stupid question but wheres the ok button?

Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:01 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

This mod works only in 800x600 ang higher resolutions. If you set resolution higher than 1152x864 then your actual resolution will be twice lower.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next