View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Unmapped Lands 2 (UPD: V81 - 22 dec) 

Post Re: Unmapped Lands 2 (UPD: B74 - 01 feb.)
I'm getting a bug or something, whenever I start Unmapped Lands 2, I get the New and load screen, but it seems to be a background because it says start, gives me 2000 oz of funds, then if I press q or e, I get the bot selection circle. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:19 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Anyone willing to test the upcoming multiplayer version of UL2? I'm too foreveralone to thoroughly test it myself.

BillCosby: open the console and send me what's there. Make sure cortex command can write to UnmappedLands2.rte folder. Check your factions. Are you on a Mac or PC?

Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:17 pm

. :skull: .

weegee wrote:
Anyone willing to test the upcoming multiplayer version of UL2? I'm too foreveralone to thoroughly test it myself.

BillCosby: open the console and send me what's there. Make sure cortex command can write to UnmappedLands2.rte folder. Check your factions. Are you on a Mac or PC?

I though you said that multiplayer was never coming :?: Anyhow you can put me down for testing it. However I can't give you feedback today
but I could get you the feedback around late friday depending on life, early saturday if I don't go out or sunday(Sunday is my Lazy day to scroll the internetsss all day so I can give you feedback).

. :skull: .

Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:44 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Yeah, first you say that something is impossible with enough good reasons why. Then your brain starts cracking those reasons in background. And then it turns out that it's not too impossible.

Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:31 am

You really are the life support machine for this game weegee lol. Ill test it for ya if u need?

Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:06 pm

This mod is pretty epic, but its too complicated for me.
I rather stick to One Man Army Mode.

Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:11 pm

walid0303 wrote:
This mod is pretty epic, but its too complicated for me.
I rather stick to One Man Army Mode.

It's not as hard as you might think...
When you set it up, you get LOADS of fun! :D

Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:31 pm

I know that its not supposed to be used, but what would a .lua for the V-2 rocket from the Wehrmacht mod look like if it were a super-weapon?
EDIT:
Also, MakeFaction.py does not seem to work on my system, it blinks in and out of view once, and I followed the instructions INSIDE the .py....
EDIT2:
whats up with the text???
Also, could you make it spawn an actor with the icon for the faction instead of an actor FROM that faction?
It might reduce lag.

Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:19 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: Unmapped Lands 2 (UPD: B77 - 23 feb.)
Updated. Now with co-op multiplayer support. Thanks Grimmcrypt for testing.

Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:42 pm

Oh, weegee, that fix you gave me made it worse.

Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:18 pm

Just have to say, this is an awesome mod, good level of difficulty and quite intense, but I had a question; how do I delete equipped guns in the equipment section? All I can do is add guns, not take them away which gets really annoying as newer guns become available, but I can't un-equip the old ones so my guys end up carrying way more guns than they need.

Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:35 pm

burningsky25 wrote:
Just have to say, this is an awesome mod, good level of difficulty and quite intense, but I had a question; how do I delete equipped guns in the equipment section? All I can do is add guns, not take them away which gets really annoying as newer guns become available, but I can't un-equip the old ones so my guys end up carrying way more guns than they need.

Just add guns until the actor's inventory resets, usually at the 4th weapon.

Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:04 pm

Thank you! That is much better.

I've played a couple full matches of UL2 now, and something has come to mind that personally, I think could do with adjusting, but take it for what you will. All the maps seem too hard to defend, especially initially, and too easy to attack, especially initially. Now I know you can add defenders, and that's great, but it's not that easy to add 8, or even 6 defenders to every building you own because that's a massive amount of cash tied up in doing that, when instead you could be investing elsewhere with greater returns. And when I don't have that many defenders on some small place the enemy will rush into the whole complex before I can get dropships down; then I am stuck with the problem of having to defend the entrance, while rooting them out of the complex, while trying to impede their dropships. Personally this is the most frustrating part, because even though I have plenty of men available it's a difficult task to try and get a foothold back. Now of course this may simply mean I need to get more defenders, why of course. But there's a reason I don't; there's a more effective way. Rather than defending all my places with zeal I instead attack their HQ's whenever I can, and nearly always win quite swiftly for the same reason they can easily attack my places: the few defenders at a base are not often enough to hold back a swift attack, and once inside I can easily send a few units after his brain.

Now, the root of the problem I feel here is the complete and utter lack of any defense systems once within any of the compounds. I would love if there were at least a few turrets (even small sentry turrets or something) or even some actual sentries patrolling the corridors by default. Then you could add entrance defenders, as usual, above and beyond any sentries. These sentries wouldn't be enough to hold off a full attack, but could at least somewhat slow the advance of some small groups of units that have gotten into your base. This would make both defending a somewhat easier and more enjoyable task perhaps, as well as having the added benefit of making attacks not quite as easy, even if the base is not well armed. I also think it's a little more realistic than having zilch security throughout the entire interior of every compound. But anyways, take this for what you will.

Wow, that was quite the little essay. Anyways, although there are areas I personally feel there's room for improvement, that certainly doesn't apply to the experience as a whole. This campaign really is top notch, really excellent job. Any flaws there are only show up because of the stark contrast from veritable perfection.

Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:28 pm

weegee wrote:

Sorry about the slow reply. Just now regaining interest with the multiplayer. Well, kinda a cortex command noob and don't know how to open the console, help is appreciated. Thanks for the reply.

Running windows 7, don't know my specs currently, but I can tell you that everything works fine, except this. I use the mod manager to disable everything, use a fresh install of ul2, nothing works. Just those two new/ load buttons.

Again, thanks in advance

Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:27 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

BillCosby: Press ~ button (above TAB) and make a screen shot. Where are your CC files located? If they are inside Program Files try to move the whole CC folder to My Documents or something and run CC from there.

burningsky25: Default brain defenders is probably a good idea, I'll think about it. Actually there's a reason why you have just 8 defenders and they are not scattered across the base. CC has a unit limit and what's worse, you can't figure when you've hit that limit until all units are placed in the simulation. And when you'll hit that limit weirdest things will happen. But I hope a few more turrets won't break anything.

Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next