View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next
 Unmapped Lands 2 (UPD: V81 - 22 dec) 

Post Re: Unmapped Lands 2 (UPD: V41)
I downloaded the new version and re-installed CC. Tried to attack an enemy mine once again. Nothing special happened, the round lasted around 5 minutes. I killed a single enemy soldier, then started hacking a console. Then the game stopped working once again. Tried attacking their HQ instead. I called in an additional soldier, when the ETA timer hit zero, crash.

The problem probably is on my end, I do not really know what it could be, though.

Current.dat

Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:41 am

I dunno if I am being stupid, but How do you start this, just selecting it in the scenario battles menu? Just trying to make sure because I would try that and it would bring up the 'background' of the character select screen like the picture shows, but then just sits there.

Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:06 am

You probably don't have the right resolution selected.

weegee wrote:
- Recommended resolution is 800x600.

Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:48 pm

Well I tried that once, and it didn't work, maybe I will try again at some point..

Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:54 am

Ryusho wrote:
I dunno if I am being stupid, but How do you start this, just selecting it in the scenario battles menu? Just trying to make sure because I would try that and it would bring up the 'background' of the character select screen like the picture shows, but then just sits there.

4zK wrote:
...Wrong Resolution.

Actually, if the background just comes up and no select GUI appears, it probably means that you have a faction enabled but you don't have the actual mod/faction. Check your folders and factions.cfg. Look for any enabled factions that don't have a base folder.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:05 pm

I think I found my problem, It was the fact that it says on the front page it supports Untitled Tech, But there is no .lua file int he factions section of Unmapped Lands 2 for it, So it actually doesn't have the support for it by default like it says.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:59 am

You need to use the Untitled.lua file in the "Unmapped Lands 2" folder in Untitled.rte itself.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:36 pm

Oh, okay, I didn't know it was there, Guess that's my fault for not reading something, oh well, Thanks!

Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:26 pm

Question:What are faction specific superpowers?(Insert spoilers please, if needed)
P.S. Awesome scene/campaign!!!I can't stop playing it.
[quote][/quote]
There's bug, i think, when you order more then one dropship at the same LZ(untill the first order has arrived) the game crashes.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:08 am

In a way I am tempted to learn LUA, so I can make Compatable factions for The Loyalists, the Trappers, The Wehrmacht, and similar 'balanced' factions XD Though Tek Troopers seems like one that would work..some things in that seem unbalanced enough I would maybe want to -significantly- increase the cost of things in unmapped lands for them

OH!

I want to add, that New World Industries IS COMPATABLE, because it includes a factions file for this, so you might want to add that to the front page.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:48 pm

Making faction files is trivial, and doesn't really require any understanding of Lua unless you're trying to rewrite the file from scratch. Look at a couple, take an existing one, edit the various entries, then Save As... with a different filename.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:12 am
Profile YIM
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

StanT101 wrote:
Question:What are faction specific superpowers?(Insert spoilers please, if needed)

Dummies have orbital cannnon made from Destroyer shots. Coalition and Ronin drop bombs. Browncoats drop napalm bombs. Bears drop mines on your LZ.

StanT101 wrote:
There's bug, i think, when you order more then one dropship at the same LZ(untill the first order has arrived) the game crashes.

Yeah, I'll probably make it impossible to order something while previous order is in progress. That will boost the value of airfields even more.

Ryusho wrote:
I want to add, that New World Industries IS COMPATABLE, because it includes a factions file for this, so you might want to add that to the front page.

Added it, thanks for telling me.

Guys, if you make your mod compatible with UL, UL2 or CSk please PM me so I could add your mod to the OP list of compatible mods.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:02 am

weegee wrote:
StanT101 wrote:

Dummies have orbital cannnon made from Destroyer shots. Coalition and Ronin drop bombs. Browncoats drop napalm bombs. Bears drop mines on your LZ.

Space Marines fire missiles at you, and the Imperial Guard have mortar barrages! :grin:

----------------------

weegee wrote:
Guys, if you make your mod compatible with UL, UL2 or CSk please PM me so I could add your mod to the OP list of compatible mods.

40K Recomp (only the recomp, mind, not the original compilation) has supported UL2 for a while, complete with custom strikes. As a whole, the recomp currently supports UL1, UL2, Cortex Shock, and Dynamic Warfare.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:44 pm
Profile YIM

How exactly do I add 40k factions into the ul2 menu? I don't see the faction files in the ul2 folder, or the 40k folder (Yes, I have the recomp). My game seemed to crash quite frequently whilst using Untitled. Has anyone else experienced that?

Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:43 pm

They're in the 'Other Mod Support' folder. Just take the two folders (Factions+SuperWeapons) from the UL2 folder there, and paste them into your UL2.rte folder. Make sure the faction you want to use is in the Factions.cfg too!

Take in mind you also need to enable the faction you want to play with. If you have the Black Templars faction enabled in UL2, ensure that the Black Templars are enabled in the W40K.rte/Factions.ini file.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:52 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next