View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next
 Unmapped Lands 2 (UPD: V81 - 22 dec) 

Post Re: [WIP] Unmapped Lands 2
Dauss wrote:
To clarify I don't really care if you pirated it or not. It's pretty apparent that you probably did.

Either that or paid 1 cent for it on the HIB, but since you apparently can't download anything on your computer I doubt you had the permissions required to pay for the game with a credit card. So I'm going with pirated.

Dude, you probably didn't read what I wrote. I said that I have a laptop, but CC lags a lot there (I bought it and played it on my laptop), and then I transferred the folder to my bro's PC.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:09 pm

I tested it out, it's pretty sweet, but a bit strange, and in need of polishing.

I played Untitled/Ronin vs. Coalition, but the CPU didn't build anything else but mines, and all it's units had 0 science weapons. :???:

The ally missions were also a bit shifty. Is it always supposed to be the same scene? I started ignoring the mission after the second time I completed it.

Also - the CPU sometimes went to negative budget (according to the console) and sent empty dropships that didn't return. It went down to -1k a few times.

Other than that, really nice. :)

Oh, why are there no throwables in the order menu? Is the CPU supposed to attack at some point?

Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:59 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Do I always need to select an ally?

Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:46 am

We could be able to select if we want allies or not.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:51 am

The lack of allied missions is partly my fault, to put it more accurately when I get the time there'll be more of them. The same thing can be said of scenes, though those are pretty easy for anyone to make.

I actually haven't played this since a couple versions ago (busyness again) so I can't say how much things have changed from then but the essentially the enemy will only attach if they have enough money (I think they usually wait for more than enough) and territory adjacent. If that seems to be taking long then they're probably just too broke. If this isn't the problem then you'll need weegee to answer it :D

Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:19 am

Excuse my ignorance and general noobity, but I'm having difficulty getting this mod to work.
From what I understand I just stick the RTE in the CC folder, then it automatically replaces the campaign. Am I mistaken?

Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:34 am

Bad Boy wrote:
The lack of allied missions is partly my fault, to put it more accurately when I get the time there'll be more of them. The same thing can be said of scenes, though those are pretty easy for anyone to make.

I actually haven't played this since a couple versions ago (busyness again) so I can't say how much things have changed from then but the essentially the enemy will only attach if they have enough money (I think they usually wait for more than enough) and territory adjacent. If that seems to be taking long then they're probably just too broke. If this isn't the problem then you'll need weegee to answer it :D

There will be more scenes, I will make sure of that. Hopefully.

Edit: Hopefully as in they are actually following weegee's specifications properly.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:58 am

Also, you can buy a new actor and a weapon blueprint if the money you originally had would be enough for either of those*. This results in negative science, but it replenishes along with labs.

*If that was too confusing: When buying a new actor with, let's say, all of your science, the blueprint availability doesn't update on the guns, so you can buy any weapon that you could have afforded before buying the actor.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:25 am

Commie wrote:
Excuse my ignorance and general noobity, but I'm having difficulty getting this mod to work.
From what I understand I just stick the RTE in the CC folder, then it automatically replaces the campaign. Am I mistaken?
Nope, you start it in scenario battles. It's called Unmapped Lands 2 (obviously) and it's probably gonna be right at the bottom of your scenario list.

dragonxp wrote:
There will be more scenes, I will make sure of that. Hopefully.

Edit: Hopefully as in they are actually following weegee's specifications properly.
Good to hear it :)

Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:16 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

4zK wrote:
I played Untitled/Ronin vs. Coalition, but the CPU didn't build anything else but mines, and all it's units had 0 science weapons.

That's weird, maybe you had too many mines too. AI builds all kinds of stuff but mines, labs and airfields are a priority. And it loves science as soone as you love it too.

4zK wrote:
The ally missions were also a bit shifty. Is it always supposed to be the same scene? I started ignoring the mission after the second time I completed it.

There's just a single ally mission so far, I'll port some from UL1 in the nexy update. You can just ignore them if you don't want to wast time and don't need ally, the were added as entertaining element if you're tired of assault/defence activities.

4zK wrote:
Also - the CPU sometimes went to negative budget (according to the console) and sent empty dropships that didn't return. It went down to -1k a few times.

Probably fixed this in upcoming build

4zK wrote:
Oh, why are there no throwables in the order menu?

Just thought that nobody uses them, will add them in the next update. You can add your's, should work fine I guess.

4zK wrote:
Is the CPU supposed to attack at some point?

CPU attacks mostly when there's nowhere to expand.

4zK wrote:
Also, you can buy a new actor and a weapon blueprint if the money you originally had would be enough for either of those*. This results in negative science, but it replenishes along with labs.

That will be fixed. Also fixed some of the stuff Rainbows noticed.

Asklar, Joseh123 - in the next build you'll have the opportunity to disable ally altogether

Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:34 pm

Something I've been pondering... 'preferred' Ally factions.

That is, a faction has a list of other factions defined in its faction file. Diplomacy point changes with any faction listed there ignore any penalty the faction might have.

For example;

The Imperial Guard have a 50% Diplomacy Penalty, but they have the Ultramarines listed as one of their 'preferred Allies'. If the player chooses the Ultramarines as their Ally, then the IG gets the full amount of Diplomacy points, unaffected by their usual Diplomacy Penalty.

If you pick the Coalition as your Ally, though, then they'd be subject to the usual Diplomacy Penalty.

Other than that, things seem fine so far. Definitely need more maps... gameplay feels kinda slow (though that may just be because Marines are slow, and because of all the scripts running!).

There is one thing, though. The fog of war is a bit silly. Especially on the Ally mission; at a couple of points, you have the potential to come under fire from several enemy actors at once from the fog of war thanks to the AI ignoring it. This wouldn't be so bad if they weren't using, say, Compact Assault Rifles or AK-47s, allowing them to swisscheese your pointman. Even using a weapon with a long, 'extending' sharpaim range... doesn't really help clear the 'fog' at all. :???:

The FoW should probably be done like stock -- expose anything that could be seen with a flyover or a scan of the surface, but leave underground and bunker contents hidden. It makes no sense that your view turns into a solid black wall at such short ranges.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:48 pm
Profile YIM
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Arcalane, you can scan territory to remove fog of war at all for sime time or you can attack the facility again, and everything you've already seen will be revealed. You can also disable fog of war at all if you want. Nice idea with preferred allies, I'll think about it.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:15 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Had the same bugs 4zK faced: the AI never attacked me (I cornered their last territory and began waiting until they attacked, but they didn't in 30-50 game ticks so I got desperate and attacked them; also, they were Ronin and Dummies) and they just built, upgraded and reinforced mines to the max and did nothing else.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:39 pm

I started a new save with two enemies. They do build labs and airfields, and attack every once in a while (which turned out to be very challenging to defend :D), but waiting for myself to 'win' the defending takes a long while and all I can do is watch dropships crash on each other. (which too turned out to be extremely fun to watch because the engines and doors generated quite impressive chain reactions :D)

Also, about the throwables; there could be a seperate space for them in the order menu inventory (because the max amount of items is 3), or the inventory space for grenades could stack up to somewhere around 1-5.

EDIT: Also, are the attackers always the same class / equipped with the same weapons?

Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:04 pm

weegee wrote:
Arcalane, you can scan territory to remove fog of war at all for sime time or you can attack the facility again, and everything you've already seen will be revealed. You can also disable fog of war at all if you want.

Yeah, but scanning is not an option for the Ally missions. The worst points are right as you're coming up to the main wall, and the front of the facility itself. You should easily be able to see the front of the facility from the wall, but as it is, I have to snapshot into the FoW or charge in like a madman.

-------------------------

weegee wrote:
Nice idea with preferred allies, I'll think about it.

You can thank 4zK for it in a roundabout way. The fact his Untitled Tech has Allies/Enemies listed is part of what got me thinking about it; then I realized it applied nicely to the Imperium factions, since the Imperium can be described as 'rabidly xenophobic'. I figured the Enemies part was probably redundant, because that's what the general Diplomacy Penalty can be used for-- and there would be no point in choosing an Enemy as your Ally for obvious reasons.

Which makes me wonder if the Diplomacy Penalty should go both ways, with the highest of the two applying - if my faction has a global 25% penalty and my ally has a global 50% penalty, then my diplomacy income would be halved. Keeping in mind that certain factions have very very powerful weapons, and Ally missions can land you quite a lot of Diplomacy Points, this could be a useful way to control the ability to acquire said weapons. If the Ronin pull off a couple of Ally missions and suddenly start waving Stalker Boltguns, Heavy Bolters, or whatever else around, they've just landed a huge advantage over the other players.

...which leads me onto another flavour idea-- having the option to set the messages displayed when your ally requests your help and when you accept/reject the offer. Just something to give them their own unique little touches.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:24 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next