View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 18  Next
 Unmapped Lands 2 (UPD: V81 - 22 dec) 
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: [WIP] Unmapped Lands 2
Asklar you can send me your save and i'll try to figure what AI thinks in your situation )))

4zK, AI tries to play fair, it invents everything just like player and uses best weapons available. At least it should ))) I'll check everything once again.

UPD:

Arcalane, yeah I guess that's possible and quite easy to implement, I'll think this out and probably add in the next update. It's already save-game incompatible, so we can make any weird things )))

Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:29 pm

I just noticed my saves tend to get corrupted :-(

Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:03 pm

Honestly, this add-on campaign is incredibly tactful and polished for a WIP.

And..couldn't help but feel that something like exploration to unlock your own mysteries for sciences would be a grand addition (if not something has already). Literally you pick up a device (which can be used at that moment) and items that act like keys, to then access goodies. Basically parts of Cortex Shock and Smash & Grab. That whole vital "Get in, get something, get out is definitely something worth more of. Someday I would actually like to win by racing to a spot, finding the key, opening the goal room, and sit there for n amount of time to earn a site. Like the WHOLE site is a special item. Yet I'm just charmed by all this effort.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:36 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

The AI seems to keep spawning actors while defending even though on the Lua console it shows that they have negative funds.

EDIT:

Also, when ordering units in an attack, they periodically get their AI set to go to directed to my brain. Is this a feature or a bug?

Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:48 am

I believe that the brain-defense thing is a feature. I would prefer to have it happen only when they are dropped off near the brain, instead of anywhere on the map.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:43 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

It doesn't happen when your actor is hacking a console though, so yeah, it's a feature.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:37 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

4zK wrote:
I just noticed my saves tend to get corrupted :-(

Send them to me to check out, never noticed anything like that

CCS wrote:
And..couldn't help but feel that something like exploration to unlock your own mysteries for sciences would be a grand addition (if not something has already).

Probably in some ally missions, that's clearly another game :)

Asklar wrote:
Also, when ordering units in an attack, they periodically get their AI set to go to directed to my brain. Is this a feature or a bug?

It's a feature, troops are redirected to brain from the LZ so you could just order them and forget. In the first place I wanted the arriving troops to inherit LZ ai mode but had trouble making invisible AHuman actor for LZ so I used simple actor which don't have any modes.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:13 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Well that's a nice feature, but not when it overrides your own go-to orders =P

Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:46 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: [WIP] Unmapped Lands 2 (UPD: V32)
Updated, hopefully fixed all reported bugs, if not - let me know. Saved games are not compatible, due to available items list changes.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:41 pm

*_* my units are featured in the screenshots! :D I like how they're selected as the player, lol

weegee wrote:
Saved games are not compatible, due to available items list changes.

Oh, this must be the reason for my saves getting corrupted. (as I constantly tweak things)

EDIT: It's good that you haven't included my faction file in the folder because I keep updating the mod.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:54 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

4zK wrote:
DIT: It's good that you haven't included my faction file in the folder because I keep updating the mod.

I decided to not include any faction files this time, eventually they get updated and the mod stops working. I just add it to config file so you don't have to type in faction file name :) And I'll maintain the list of compatible factions in the OP.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:06 pm

My game crashed when I ran out of gold while making a delivery. When it said "NO GOLD" I tried to switch back to my brain, and it crashed. Could this be due to fixing the same thing with the CPU?

Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:13 pm

weegee wrote:
I decided to not include any faction files this time, eventually they get updated and the mod stops working. I just add it to config file so you don't have to type in faction file name :) And I'll maintain the list of compatible factions in the OP.

So, then, how do you enable the Untitled tech...? I tried editing the Factions config but then the UL2 menu won't display...

Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:23 pm

Is there anyway to play this in 1440x900? I want to have to switch resolutions just to play this.

Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:35 pm

Malamo999 wrote:
So, then, how do you enable the Untitled tech...?

You must first download the mod, then copy (or just cut) the Untitled.lua file located in the "Unmapped Lands 2" folder in Untitled.rte and paste it into the "Factions" folder in UnmappedLands2.rte. Then remove the asterisk in front of the "Untitled.lua" line in the .cfg file.

Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 18  Next