View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:26 pm



Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Unmapped Lands 2 (UPD: V81 - 22 dec) 
Author Message
DRL Developer
DRL Developer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:34 pm
Posts: 959
Reply with quote
Post Re: Unmapped Lands 2 (UPD: B71 - 27 jan.)
Grimmcrypt, you can just take my file and edit it if you changed some preset names or want weapon/actor powers to be changed. There are lots of features and bonuses appeared after I've made original Mu-Ilaak script, so you can also take a look at coalition file for examples. After that you just put the file somewhere inside your mod package, maybe in Unmapped Lands 2 folder. Reupload your mod, tell me that it's compatible I'll check everything and add you mod to the list of supported mods.

Also if you need something to start with, you can use a python script UnmappedLands2.rte\Tools\MakeFaction.py which generates a basic faction file from your mod's .rte folder. It simply dumps every buyable actor and weapon it finds and create a working .lua file, you just need to set research prices and powers. But if you have complex hierarchies of objects - it may fail.

Someone64, more efficient version is coming.


Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:32 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:13 am
Posts: 151
Reply with quote
Post Re: Unmapped Lands 2 (UPD: B71 - 27 jan.)
Maybe a thinner font might help so it uses less particles. I'm pretty sure there are lots more easier to read fonts that are thinner than the one used now. I'm only assuming the letters int he UI use particles when I say this. :P


Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:08 am
Profile
DRL Developer
DRL Developer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:34 pm
Posts: 959
Reply with quote
Post Re: Unmapped Lands 2 (UPD: B74 - 01 feb.)
Updated. UI optimizations only.


Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:13 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:38 pm
Posts: 122
Location: On a little island called Puerto Rico
Reply with quote
Post Re: Unmapped Lands 2 (UPD: B71 - 27 jan.)
. :skull: .

weegee wrote:
Grimmcrypt, you can just take my file and edit it if you changed some preset names or want weapon/actor powers to be changed. There are lots of features and bonuses appeared after I've made original Mu-Ilaak script, so you can also take a look at coalition file for examples. After that you just put the file somewhere inside your mod package, maybe in Unmapped Lands 2 folder. Reupload your mod, tell me that it's compatible I'll check everything and add you mod to the list of supported mods.

Also if you need something to start with, you can use a python script UnmappedLands2.rte\Tools\MakeFaction.py which generates a basic faction file from your mod's .rte folder. It simply dumps every buyable actor and weapon it finds and create a working .lua file, you just need to set research prices and powers. But if you have complex hierarchies of objects - it may fail.

Someone64, more efficient version is coming.


I guess I would have known this if I had read your instruction on how to add a faction. :oops:

Dam I feel like one of those annoying dudes now. :(

+1 to my idiocracy.

0 for me.

current score 5-3 in favor of my idiocracy. :x

Thank you weegee for taking your time with me. :)

. :skull: .


Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:56 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:38 pm
Posts: 122
Location: On a little island called Puerto Rico
Reply with quote
Post Re: Unmapped Lands 2 (UPD: B74 - 01 feb.)
sorry for doble post.

Hey weegee Ive been getting a syntax error when I run the code in python.

I wrote this in the command line

MakeFaction.py HOBS.rte HOBS.lua "Hob Kingdom Tech"


..edit I'll just do it the old fashion way.


Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:06 am
Profile
DRL Developer
DRL Developer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:34 pm
Posts: 959
Reply with quote
Post Re: Unmapped Lands 2 (UPD: B74 - 01 feb.)
Dunno, worked for me.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1741337/Unmapp ... 2/hobs.zip


Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:51 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:38 pm
Posts: 122
Location: On a little island called Puerto Rico
Reply with quote
Post Re: Unmapped Lands 2 (UPD: B74 - 01 feb.)
Well do i have to use the exact version of Python 3.2

The version I have is v3.2.3


Just to be sure, you said that my hob.rte folder should be next to the script right?


...edit: It also could be the MakeFaction.py script i got. I'll just re-download your mod to see what happens.

.....Edit edit: I just realized that I have b65. :oops:

The score is 6-3 in favor of my idiocrazy


Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:57 pm
Profile
DRL Developer
DRL Developer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:34 pm
Posts: 959
Reply with quote
Post Re: Unmapped Lands 2 (UPD: B74 - 01 feb.)
I didn't change script after release I guess. Just checked in poth python 2.6 and 3.3 and it worked. I usually just put the script in the root CC folder and run it from there. That way all needed .rtes are already there.


Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:15 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:38 pm
Posts: 122
Location: On a little island called Puerto Rico
Reply with quote
Post Re: Unmapped Lands 2 (UPD: B74 - 01 feb.)
weegee wrote:
I didn't change script after release I guess. Just checked in poth python 2.6 and 3.3 and it worked. I usually just put the script in the root CC folder and run it from there. That way all needed .rtes are already there.



Well I did put it in the main Directory and it still did not work but here's a image so you can see

Image


Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:18 pm
Profile
DRL Developer
DRL Developer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:34 pm
Posts: 959
Reply with quote
Post Re: Unmapped Lands 2 (UPD: B74 - 01 feb.)
No, you should run it from the command line. Something like this:

Image

Anyway here's your 113-th mod file in case you're tire of this python crap )))

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1741337/UnmappedLands2/113.zip


Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:25 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:38 pm
Posts: 122
Location: On a little island called Puerto Rico
Reply with quote
Post Re: Unmapped Lands 2 (UPD: B74 - 01 feb.)
weegee wrote:
No, you should run it from the command line. Something like this:

Image

Anyway here's your 113-th mod file in case you're tire of this python crap )))

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1741337/UnmappedLands2/113.zip



Thanks alot :) but I would like to know why in the hell it doesn't work.

Image

Is there a step that I'm missing or something?


Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:32 pm
Profile
DRL Developer
DRL Developer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:34 pm
Posts: 959
Reply with quote
Post Re: Unmapped Lands 2 (UPD: B74 - 01 feb.)
You're launching python shell - python.exe. But you need to start cmd.exe and then put makefaction.py hobs.rte hobs.lua "HOBS" there.


Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:34 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:38 pm
Posts: 122
Location: On a little island called Puerto Rico
Reply with quote
Post Re: Unmapped Lands 2 (UPD: B74 - 01 feb.)
weegee wrote:
You're launching python shell - python.exe. But you need to start cmd.exe and then put makefaction.py hobs.rte hobs.lua "HOBS" there.



So it runs from the computers main cmd. and not the python.cmd


Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:41 pm
Profile
DRL Developer
DRL Developer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:34 pm
Posts: 959
Reply with quote
Post Re: Unmapped Lands 2 (UPD: B74 - 01 feb.)
Yep


Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:42 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:38 pm
Posts: 122
Location: On a little island called Puerto Rico
Reply with quote
Post Re: Unmapped Lands 2 (UPD: B74 - 01 feb.)
. :skull: .

weegee wrote:
Yep


weegee I'm officially Rage quitting :x Python i tried typing it in the cmd.exe and it still doesn't work.



:) Thank you for being a kind person and generating my faction files for me.

I'll be letting you know when there finally compatible with your mod. :)

. :skull: .


Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:12 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.038s | 15 Queries | GZIP : Off ]