View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18  Next
 Unmapped Lands 2 (UPD: V81 - 22 dec) 

Post Re: Unmapped Lands 2 (UPD: V41)
Arcalane wrote:
Making faction files is trivial, and doesn't really require any understanding of Lua unless you're trying to rewrite the file from scratch. Look at a couple, take an existing one, edit the various entries, then Save As... with a different filename.

May I ask what does the CF_ItmPowers(factionid)= [i]value and CF_ActOffsets[factionid] = Vector(value,value) means?I'm trying to make compatible faction for UL2.(sorry if the question is stupid...)

Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:34 pm

StanT101 wrote:
Arcalane wrote:
Making faction files is trivial, and doesn't really require any understanding of Lua unless you're trying to rewrite the file from scratch. Look at a couple, take an existing one, edit the various entries, then Save As... with a different filename.

May I ask what does the CF_ItmPowers(factionid)= value and CF_ActOffsets[factionid] = Vector(value,value) means?I'm trying to make compatible faction for UL2.(sorry if the question is stupid...)

Read the whole file a bit more carefully. :)

Code:
CF_ActPowers[factionid] = {} -- AI will select weapons based on this value 1 - weakest, 10 toughest, 0 never use

So if the AI has unlocked two assault rifles, one with ItmPowers 3 and the other with ItmPowers 5, it'll prefer to use the one with ItmPowers 5 when building loadouts. Same for ActPowers which is for Actors.

CF_ActOffsets is used when preplacing Turrets to make sure they don't get stuck in terrain.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:39 pm
Profile YIM
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

I wrote a small script which can help to create faction files for UL2. Feel free to use it in any way possible.

[url=Automatic Unmapped Lands 2 faction file generator]http://forums.datarealms.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31700[/url]

Also I'm going to create and somewhat maintain an unofficial faction pack for UL2. It will contain faction files for mods which don't support UL2 out of the box. So if you have your hand made faction files feel free to PM them to me, I will add them to the pack.

In other news - new version of UL2 with improved faction loading mechanism is coming.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:20 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: Unmapped Lands 2 (UPD: V43)
Updated to V43 and added unofficial faction pack.

Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:58 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: Unmapped Lands 2 (UPD: V44)
I wonder if anoyone still play this :oops: Anyway updated to V44 with more bugfixes. You can also press SPACE to toggle time on/off or go back to main screen. MDC now use their gunship as superweapon and have high air-support bonuses.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:28 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I want to play this more often but my computer has blue screens like every 10 minutes and I have to boot it in safe mode.

And you can't open cortex command in safe mode :C

If I could, I'd play, since this, in my not so humble opinion, is a better metagame than the current metagame (no offense Data and the developer team, consider how I said current, not definitive metagame).

Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:08 am

Yeah, I still play it. Though updates are always appreciated and it's nice to see some new content arriving. I have no doubt though that with CC's release very very soon you'll get a huge spike in popularity and have you considered posting your mods/maps to xenlolith.ws?

Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:58 am

weegee wrote:
I wonder if anyone still plays this...

I do, in fact, but it gets rather boring after I see the same map over and over. I'm currently working on the Rage Marines (Which was actually the Emepror's Fists) to get them added here, but as of now, I have it on hold. If I could suggest something, it would be "unique" maps/environments that aren't copy-pasted and have one detail changed. For instance, I would have the airpad assaults/defenses take place on a air service station map with a runway, rockets taking off, dropships, etc etc. You could probably have a large control tower be the main objective like "Destroy the communications system!" or "Defend the Comms Tower!"

Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:20 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Malamo999, UL2 is already at xenolith but I'll probably remove it because I'm too lazy to update something in two separate places.

Yuzazi, techically UL2 can handle any amount of maps, problem is I can't draw tens of different maps alone. I also can't afford any custom objectives since they'll require custom assets. Ally missions could be the custom part of UL2 but I overestimated my resources and abandoned the idea :)

Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:56 pm

weegee wrote:
Ally missions could be the custom part of UL2 but I overestimated my resources and abandoned the idea :)
Sorry, I promised you scenes and a mission, the latter of which I never delivered, and I regret that. I still want to make some allied missions in the future (I've got ideas and the beginnings of a couple), but that'll be a while coming, I just don't have much free time to sit at the computer now and a lot of what time I have is being dumped into guild wars 2 or my own stuff :(

Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:00 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Don'w worry, Bad Boy, I know how it happens :grin:

Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:11 am

weegee wrote:
Malamo999, UL2 is already at xenolith but I'll probably remove it because I'm too lazy to update something in two separate places.

Oh, okay. I haven't made a mod/scene for CC before - but I do have a bit of experience modding other games. (FTL, Portal 2 etc.) So if there's anything you want any help with but don't have anyone to try and do it please let me know? :)

Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:57 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Malamo999, there's "If you want to help" section in the OP, and any help is always appreciated :)

Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:00 am

Whoops! I'll get to work then. :P (Though don't expect too much...)

Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:43 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: Unmapped Lands 2 (UPD: V45 - 26 sep.)
Updated to V45

Changed ally system. You can spend your ally points to order some random ally troops. You can't unlock and buy ally tech anymore. To order ally troops press LEFT/RIGHT on LZ. Synthets/Organics ratios apply on purchase price. The game will try to provide unarmored AHuman troops armed with rifles, shotguns or sniper rifles.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18  Next