View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Shellgame Breach Activity and Additional Breach Scenes 

Post Re: Shellgame Breach Activity and Additional Breach Scenes
Seeing how the brain may spawn in any number of unfortunate areas due to the randomized spawning of the player's brainbot, I thought it to be a good idea to move the brain via craft due to his poor personal jetpacking skills. To my dismay, upon entering the dropship, the brain decided that his life was not worth living and, instead, that suicide was a more suitable choice. This is just a small problem with this modification, and I felt the need to report my unfortunate experience for possible consideration and repair.

Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:53 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Played with this game mode some more, and I've gotta say, it's goddam great awesome. Bases are designed greatly, some have very different ways to be approached effectively.

Having the brain randomly spawned is a great thing too, because now it's not simply a rush towards the brain, now it's an effective hunt and infiltration mission, and you really need to think things out before going to attack, specially at times when you need more resources than the ones you can generate.

All in all, it's challenging, innovative and very fun.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:13 am

This rules. Thanks!

Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:45 pm

Updated this module with three new scenes, rounding it out to a solid ten scenes. The update includes Nova Cotris, named for a city in a game nobody remembers; Outpost Cain, named for a person in a book everyone has heard of; and Storm King Bunker, named for a symphony that very, very few here will know about.

H3FC wrote:
Seeing how the brain may spawn in any number of unfortunate areas due to the randomized spawning of the player's brainbot, I thought it to be a good idea to move the brain via craft due to his poor personal jetpacking skills. To my dismay, upon entering the dropship, the brain decided that his life was not worth living and, instead, that suicide was a more suitable choice. This is just a small problem with this modification, and I felt the need to report my unfortunate experience for possible consideration and repair.

The spawning of the player's brainbot is not randomized, at least, not anymore than is done in a usual Bunker Breach scenario. I can, however, take a look at the scene again and see if it requires adjusting, but that will require you to give me the name of the scene that is causing you trouble.

Collective wrote:
These show up in campaign mode. Any way to fix that?

Fixed as of this release. Metagame compatibility is now, by default, disengaged.

Asklar wrote:
Anyway, why don't you try to learn more lua and try to create a mission/game mode entirely by yourself? It's pleasing to see modders coming to this section instead of mod releases.

Now that I have created 5x the number of vanilla Bunker Breach scenes -if one chooses to include my modified version in the count- I am pleased to say that my next scene will include an all new activity. Guarantees as to the quality of said activity will, sadly, not be forthcoming.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:59 am

Cool! These scenes are still working with the B31 version, but all the doors are your enemies, if you will use these scenes in wave defense or skirmish, because you're too lazy to build your own bunkers in wave defense, right? Quick tip time to fix it, so you can have fresh bunkers out-of-nowhere! So, open up any .ini file from the Scenes folder, and Ctrl-F to serach for "Team = 1":
Code:
   PlaceSceneObject = TerrainObject
      CopyOf = Base.rte/Door A
      Position = Vector
         X = ANY NUMBER
         Y = from 0 to 1000
      PlacedByPlayer = 0
      Team = 1

Change all the door teams to 0, everywhere! Highly recommending the Notepad++ for this work.
Also, you can download it, if you're too lazy. Enjoy!

Attachments:
File comment: I fixed it. YAY!
MoreMissions.rte.zip [56.77 KiB]
Downloaded 620 times
Mon May 11, 2015 11:52 am

To make the enemy team faction selectable, change line 26 of "Bunker Breach (Shellgame).lua" from
Code:
self.CPUTechName = rte.TechList[math.random(#rte.TechList)]
to
Code:
self.CPUTechName = self:GetTeamTech(Activity.TEAM_2)

Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2