View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Crate Scavenge Update 3! 

Crate Scavenge Update 3!
WORK IN PROGRESS

WELCOME TO THE TOURNAMENT

TODO:

TIPS

THE THING
This is a curious mod much like one man army, however, this is endless as you can never loose, you purely see how many kills you can gain with a single unit, before it dies.
You start with a Coalition light without a weapon. Weapons come down in containers and unarmed actors of random teams come down as usual.

EXTRA
There is a "Past the contents into Cortex Command folder" folder i suggest you back up your cortex command but this is my improvements.

IMPROVEMENTS:

NEW
-Vesod Plains is changed and is really awesome to play on! :grin: there are some awesome natural structures do play on this map!
-Burraki Desert improved.
-Fredeleig Plains is changed and plays well.

I must say that the full potential in this mod really lies in the kill counter, which has yet to be added.

Attachments:
File comment: Third Update
CrateScavenger0.3.zip [1.03 MiB]
Downloaded 1293 times

Last edited by Cybernetic on Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:42 pm

Post Re: Crate Scavenge
Here's the link for the mod that levels characters, Cortex Command RPG: http://forums.datarealms.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=16300. I don't recall if a limited ammo mod was ever released, but you could check out Azukki's Shadow Echelon - their weapons have limited ammo. I'm sure if you PM'd Azukki he'd help you out.

Other than that, your gamemode looks really neat. I like modes that are endless and focus on some kind of score, other than a win/ lose scenario.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:34 pm

Thanks! those where just the two mods I were looking for! Looks like I'll be completing this mod much sooner than anticipated now that I have two of the three remaining puzzle pieces.

The third one is to get the AI to pick up their damn weapons! Run AI run take up your arms! :oops:
Yes they do it eventually but I want brutality in my mod, currently its like "its ok, take your time we know you want to pick up that weapon, common boy go get the little weapon, go get it"

EDIT: didn't someone make a mod where the guns appear carried on your back, didn't that mod have limited ammo. my bad.

the kills mod works different than I expected... hmmmmmm...

Last edited by Cybernetic on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:01 pm

Cybernetic wrote:
EDIT: didn't someone make a mod where the guns appear carried on your back, didn't that mod have limited ammo.

Search for the Shadow Echelon mod.

Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:14 am

Very nice mod. I had a lot of fun with it. Waiting for new updates.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:51 am

Can you also add gibs for the HeadB you made? (Imperatus)

Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:16 am

EDIT: almost done, fixed brain issue, like 100percent more fun to play. Also, bringing out the update TOMMOROW, I'm excited and I made it lol.

I played it again today, been thinking hard about what the best solutions would be to :
A) the brain bug, I'm sure your all sick of it.
B) the stupid AI, its fun but its like you get excited when you see an enemy actually wielding a weapon
C) the kill count

The solutions I'm thinking of applying, let me know what you suggest or think:
A) added an invisible brain, but if its not somewhere high in the sky, the AI mystically stares at it, so hard that you can even shoot them in the back and they wont mind a bit, cause their busy staring... at nothing. So make the brain high, or if anyone has
actual code solutions that would be great.

B) decided to add grenades and some shields! So those will drop in next update. No solutions at this point. Also is it just me or do only heavy weapons from the brown coats drop - -.....

C) Thought of changing the game so that you play as one unit that re spawns, kill count gets restarted every time you die, high score kill count records? Hope so.

Will add the gibs :) thanks.

as soon as I have anything decent i will update and let you all know at the title. :)

Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:51 pm

I really hope to see mod support. In Skirmish Wave mod you can simply add any weapons, actors, crabs, dropships and rockets by yourself.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:35 am

Post Re: Crate Scavenge Update 3!
Update 3 (brain fix,grenades and death counts!):

Great idea, will implement in next update, also thought of adding different game types or options, such as
the team with the most kills after a certain time wins and having each team only coming down
as a single chosen faction rather than random units.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:47 pm

When you added extra things to the vanilla maps. did you take into consideration the auto built bases? I'm not currently using them because I'm afraid they might negatively affect that and maybe some activities that automatically build bases on them. Also, why aren't the vanilla modifications in a separate thread in the mod releases section?

EDIT: I just had an idea. Instead of overwriting the vannila files, the maps should be on separate rte folders on vectors in the map right beside the originals. All you have to do is copy and paste the auto build base files or something.

EDIT2: Can the win condition be 120 kills and the instant lose condition be not being able to receive or buy any units anymore?

Last edited by Someone64 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:50 am

Someone64 wrote:
When you added extra things to the vanilla maps. did you take into consideration the auto built bases? I'm not currently using them because I'm afraid they might negatively affect that and maybe some activities that automatically build bases on them. Also, why aren't the vanilla modifications in a separate thread in the mod releases section?

EDIT: I just had an idea. Instead of overwriting the vanilla files, the maps should be on separate rte folders on vectors in the map right beside the originals. All you have to do is copy and paste the auto build base files or something.

Your edit idea: excellent, yes i agree that will be so in the next update. Also i did take that into consideration knew it would mess up the campaign to some extent, that's why i advised people to backup their files.

About the modded items, hmm seemed to insignificant for me to make an entire thread about ;), I would think people would find it insignificant and would rather stick to "data created content", I just say: he had too little time on his hands if you know what i mean. Wonder what you prefer.

Edit 1: Sure! If i can implement a kill count XD

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:07 am

So, I found out how to make mod support:
rte.TechList = {"Coalition", "Dummy", "Ronin", "Techion","Browncoats", "Imperatus"};
Just add this line anywhere in Crate Scavenger.lua and then add names of your mods' .rte folders. For example:
rte.TechList = {"Coalition", "Dummy", "Ronin", "Techion","Browncoats", "Imperatus", "AAL", "Crobotech", "W40K"};
You can add as much as you want. :)

Edit: Looks like you will get refund for new crafts. I don't know how to fix it. :???:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:11 am

Will you implement time limits to this later on, or will this have a win condition or lose condition with a last team standing?

EDIT: Think of those refunds as a bonus if you want to buy something of your own.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:14 pm

Yes I thought of adding the factions like that, but that's a pretty sloppy way, but effective, most probably going to be like that for a while at least but thanks for showing it :)

I'm stuck with this:
1) Keep that actors drop randomly, more natural, creates pockets of resistance,
2) Let actors of the team drop when their actors have perished, better for score, more fair. However, actors could get stuck and no drop would come.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:54 pm

I notice that the first actors don't drop all at the same time. There are times when I have to wait really long for my first group of actors while most of the other teams are already battling it out in the battlefield.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next