View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next
 Void Wanderers ( Updated - V131 ) 

Post Re: Void Wanderers ( Updated - B111 - ORDERS! )
Sounds handy, but relying on the brain..? Seems pretty risky too. Do they just mimic your aim angle/direction, or do they compensate for parallax as well?

Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:23 am
Profile YIM
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

No, they are really trying to aim where your brain aiming, so you can spread them somewhere and make an ambush or start a fire barrage.

Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:35 am

Oh crap Weegee!

You have made this even MOAR AMAZING!!!

Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:51 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: Void Wanderers ( Updated - B112 - ORDERS! )
Updated. 'Link' order should work way better.

Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:56 pm

Ok, I have been looking through the discussions and I cant find a solution to this problem. When I start up the mod it just shows an empty patch of space and nothing happens. I have uninstalled and re-installed the mod, I have tried disabling all other mods and running void wanderers on its own, I have installed a mod manager, nothing seems to make a difference. Maybe I am just a special kind of stupid or I just overlooked the post that details the fix. I've gotten unmapped lands 2 to work, but this one seems to be eluding me. :-( really wanting to try this mod out.

Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:15 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Open Base.rte/Settings.ini and set DeltaTime = 0.0166667, that should fix everything. If it's not, then show me what's happening in the console.

Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:13 am

I did it, didn't work. So I tried uninstalling and re-installing Void Wanderers and noticed the version I installed before didn't have a .rte extension at the end. I renamed it and it seemed to fix itself. Thanks for the response anyways. (ノ^_^)ノ

Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:48 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: Void Wanderers ( Updated - B113)
Updated.

Now you can make your faction mod work with VW out of the box. User don't need to edit any configs, or move .lua files to Factions anymore. To do this (let's just imagine that anyone still cares, mkay :twisted: ), you need to put your faction file here <Module name>\FactionFiles\UL2\ and call it just like your module without .rte and add .lua extension, for example Psyclones.rte\FactionFiles\UL2\Psyclones.lua (I'm almost sure it's case sensitive, because of OSX). Then you re-publish your mod and PM me "Hey weegee, my mod is now fully compatible with VW, do something about it". After that I'll open default Factions.cfg and replace your faction file line with your module name and enable it by default. Then I'll update VW and every time it loads it will check if your mod is installed and if faction files is present in <Module name>\FactionFiles\UL2\ it will load it automatically right from your mod. I'll add this feature to UL2 in a few days as well. Unfortunately this will work only if your mod contains just a single faction, bucause VW will load just a single .lua file this way.

This way the user don't need to do anything at all to enable your faction, but it still can disable it if he really wants or have too many of them by adding the usual asterisk at the start of the line with your module name. On the other side, you'll need to update your faction file as soon as you change something significant in your mod or the many errors of VW will go out of control.

Also bombs which need craft to function properly now work as usual. If your bomb must detect craft to determine it's team, you can use it with VW, because now it creates a fake drop ship above any bomb dropped. You don't have to change anything in your bomb scripts to make this work.

And bombs are disabled on all vessel scenes, kinda forgot about them and dropping bombs in space is kinda silly.

Report any errors you'll notice.

Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:05 am

Post Re: Void Wanderers ( Updated - B113 )
Sounds neat, but what about mods that cover multiple factions in a single .rte? Will folks still have to use the older loading system for the 40K subfactions, for instance?

Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:22 am
Profile YIM
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: Void Wanderers ( Updated - B113 )
Arcalane, unfortunately yes. W40K is a very special case, because it allows to enables/disables parts of it's content and it's the usual routine for W40K. I'll probably just write some special case script for W40K to properly detect what's enabled and what not in .ini's and load appropriate faction files.

Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:45 am

Post Re: Void Wanderers ( Updated - B115 )
By any chance, could you fix the Space Marine's/Imperial Guard's names? They take up two lines...

Maybe you could remove the "Imperium Of Man:" part? And just change it to the group's name.
Example: "Black Templars" instead of "Imperium Of Man: Black Templars"

Thank you.

Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:06 am

I could, but this would probably invalidate previous save files.

If people don't mind that or having to edit their save data to fix it, then I'll sort it out.

Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:41 am
Profile YIM

Arcalane wrote:
I could, but this would probably invalidate previous save files.

If people don't mind that or having to edit their save data to fix it, then I'll sort it out.

Oh, well my save file just got erased because I updated my Void Wander's, so I'm okay with it. But I can't say if other people will be fine with it.

Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:15 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

If you change only CF_FactionNames[factionid] = "Imperium of Man: Blood Angels"; and don't touch factionid that should not break anything, but MAY :twisted: Truth is somteimes I mususe factionid as a faction name, so there might be some error somewhere deep, but at least I tried to make everything faction-name independent.

Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:38 am

Alright. I'll test it out locally and see whether or not it explodes horribly before releasing the update. :lol:

Ed: Looks like it works just fine with old saves so far.

Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:45 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next