View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
 Void Wanderers ( Updated - V131 ) 
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: Void Wanderers
Can't do anything about the UI, glows are the only reasonable method of making it. Nothing happens when you idle, new missions are generated only when you complete or fail mission. Factions also do nothing. I'm not relying on the community, will probably add some other mods myself.

UPD:

Also updated. Some bugfixes and rebalancing.

Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:40 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

AI continues to ruin game :(

Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:01 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

I tried to cripple it a bit, and AHumans are not so deadly, but ACrabs are left untouched. Also AI units reveal FOW when the fire weapons. At least if everything works.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:04 am

I've got a bit of a problem here.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:07 am

Very very enjoyable Meta-scene Weegee, this makes playing multiple scenarios sessions a breeze since its all in one. Surprising, I love the ships! I haven't gotten to the point of an invasive attack yet (if that is there) but a ship to call my own in CC was a nice feeling (and that 180 000oz price tag is serious business for the newer ships). Probably going to have to script some AI and other little doodads to get more out of this mod for myself.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:57 am

So if idling does nothing, time isn't important? So why add travel time? It takes long when it's lagging and is quite pointless and annoying. It's LOOKS cool and all but... :/

Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:49 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Jesusmod, you probably have the wrong version of Cortex Command, VW works only with 1.05.

CCS, if you want to mess with vanilla AI check out VoidWanderers.rte\Scripts\AI_Human.lua, that's where VW modiefies AI.

Someone64, when you're flying you can be intercepted by the enemy, when you're iorbiting or warping - you can't.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:02 am

. :skull: .

WEEGEE YOU THE BOSS!!!

I'm serious this scene is fracking outstanding. For the first time in a long time I got hooked back into CC cause of you(again). I Downloaded it last night and I got hooked on to it for at least until my face hit the keyboard from how sleepy I was(Im awake now itching to play) :D . Its beautiful, its like the dream game I always wanted to play but couldn't bc it didn't exist. Its the perfect(well nothing is perfect in this world but....) mix of RPG, strategy and action. Its lovely.

Weegee your incredible, you were modding CC since before me and now your still modding even after I left(Im Fracking coming back!!!) Your creation is truly masterful. Oh its so awesome now yet it still has so much potential. It matches perfectly with CC. This is what CC should of been like. I just love preparing my Coalition marines for a assault on enemy territory, Hu-rah!! OMG my mind is just WONDERING INTO ALL THE POSSIBILITIES!!! I'm aware of all the effort it takes to build scenes AND!! connect them to your master scene but these are just Ideas I have floating in my head(Ideas that I'm gonna try and make come true if at all possible).

Scenes like(Im not sure if there things like this already in there since I've only played last night):

Mission 1: Clear the Abandoned ship of all hostile aliens, really scary aliens. aliens that do really scary things :twisted: really scary maybe like a space hulk :3

Mission 2: A top down ship flying game.
Like you would have to seek out a couple of rouge Ronin ship's that have been intercepting trade ships(Pirates!!! Rgh!! matey) or explore asteroid fields in search of gold. WORRY OF ENEMY SHIPS and SPACE ALIENS!!! You could have 3 ship classes to keep it simple(Its not like we are gonna play Stardrive or FTL on CC). Interceptor: fast, light missile capable and low health. Frigate: Larger ship, can mine gold, has multiple cannons and Shizzz and your Flag ship: ITS THE BRAIN.

Mission 3: Ship to Ship combat. Boarding enemy ships. -Star wars music plays- *Storm troopers rush in* FTW pew pew.

Now here are some Ideas for tools and actors and Shizz:

A building tool F yea!! (Not minecraft) but like if you beem down to the planet to do some mining. you could deploy some sand bags or a wall or something OR A BUNKAH

Self defence Turret: They are deployed from a soldier and they shoot stuff >.> <.< >.> What else could they do besides shooting.

I'd like to design a faction to go perfectly with this mod. Probably just a Coalition expansion so I don't have to kill my self. It be cool to see Coa squads, like you'd have a actor that handles snipers better then the other guy etc... etc...

Infact Im gonna finish what Adecristo started with his mod Extended Core Factions. From now on I'm just gonna expand with whats already in CC. MORE COALIES, MORE TECHIES, MORE RONIES, MORE BROWNIES(sounds tasty) and MAYBE NOT MORE DUMMIES. All of them designed to go with this mod. It be so cool to make these have veterancy. Like if your guy killed 6 enemies while on a mission he will turn into a sergeant(TAKES MORE DAMAGE AND LOOKS COOLER, MAYBE A RED BERET... maybe).

btw ILU weegee!!! your awesome no joking. You gave me life in CC again. Oh yeah!!! I'm overly exited wright now. If you can tell >.>

Wow this is a Big ass post :shock: gomenasai. Did I do that ^^^^^^^^^^^^? :)

Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:46 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Thanks for this long post. What your wrote about mission 1 will probably happen some day, if I'll find some fancy scenes with space ships. Mission 2 is simply another game. Also I've found a good excuse for lack of ship-to-ship combat. In my CC universe ship-to-ship combat is simply forbidden. Whenever you blow something to smitherines in space, they will wander the void forever, threating civilian vessels for years after conflct. So in order to take down the ship you must board it and take over. This way you get the ship, resources are not wasted and space remains clean. :cool: And boarding enemy ships might happen, like you can counterattack after fighting with enemy with what you have.

And like I said, Extended Core Factions will fit this mod perfectly and you don'teven have to alter your CC installation.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:43 pm

This is such an awesome mod, I feel just like Grimmcrypt.

Some suggestions:

-add some kind of rpg system to the clones. Right now it really doesn't matter that much if they die, my gold just keeps going up anyway and I can just buy new ones. With an rpg system it's gonna hurt when your fully lvled up clone who survived countless battles dies.

-random encounters ala FTL. While you're flying from location to location add a chance for a random encounter with a neutral trader, a hostile ship, a mysterious stranger who gives you a extremely hard mission, stuff like that.

-more options for the different ships, like different upgradeable engines that let you fly faster, or give you a chance to avoid a hostile ship.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:19 am

clunatic wrote:
This is such an awesome mod, I feel just like Grimmcrypt.

Some suggestions:

-add some kind of rpg system to the clones. Right now it really doesn't matter that much if they die, my gold just keeps going up anyway and I can just buy new ones. With an rpg system it's gonna hurt when your fully lvled up clone who survived countless battles dies.

-random encounters ala FTL. While you're flying from location to location add a chance for a random encounter with a neutral trader, a hostile ship, a mysterious stranger who gives you a extremely hard mission, stuff like that.

-more options for the different ships, like different upgradeable engines that let you fly faster, or give you a chance to avoid a hostile ship.

I hope this helps you:

2-It does have a chance of you being intercepted by enemies, like if you kill coalition guys they will go negative and start sending troops at your ship :grin: no traders and mystery dudes tho :(
3-It does have up-gradable engines that let you evade enemy ships and it makes you fly faster. You can access the upgrades from the front of the ship where you can navigate the stars(cost gold tho) :D

EDIT: Weegee look at how the ship is coming along, its looking pretty good(heavy WIP). Its alot easier then I thought. The blue BG and clouds are going to be replaced by other things like asteroids or a planet. btw these are 2 pic's glued together and that's why it looks funky.

I'll be hooking you up with some space stations and other space oriented things :3

I'm having a blast with this Weegee. Scenes are fun once you get the stuff needed set up.

I call her the Grey(Funky name IK, place holder for now)

Last edited by Grimmcrypt on Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:31 am

Weegee, I have to say... Reavers, random encounters with Reavers (firefly)... That would just be... Well... If you could do that... I love that show.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:46 am

Is there any way to add factions to a game that is in progress? The thought of abandoning my supership and reputation in order to implement a new warring army into my game is appalling.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:56 am

Harzipan wrote:
Is there any way to add factions to a game that is in progress? The thought of abandoning my supership and reputation in order to implement a new warring army into my game is appalling.

Tried that several times, you can, but that means you can't play as them, but you'll get them and their items/units in one of those random item/unit holders whateverthey'recalled.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:32 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Grimmcrypt, the ship look good, however consider where you'll put your landning deck, and probably clone and storage management panels. You can throw them outside just like cockpit and shops, but I guess it would be better to have them inside the ship.

Harzipan, yes you can edit your save file to add or change factions. Player faction - Player0Faction=Techion, CPU factions PlayerNFaction=Techion where N=1-8. Gaps not allowed. If you're adding new factions don't forget to set:
PlayerNActive=True
PlayerNType=CPU
PlayerNReputation=0 (or whatever you want)
ActiveCPUs=8 (must match the number of your CPU players)

It's not recommended to turn off faction and disable it's .rte module, if you have any weapons from that faction WV will probably glitch.

Piggles, yeah just started to watch the show again to bost my performance on VW ))) Reawers would be awesome. If someone could add some tough, ultrafast, insanefied ronin actors with crappier weapons I'd add some reapers into the game. Also some fancy alien mini-factions could also be great. Like A couple of actors and 2-3 weapons which you could get as a trophies in case of firefight, or buy. Something like that. That would make random encounters meaningful.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next