View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 22  Next
 Void Wanderers ( Updated - V131 ) 

Post Re: Void Wanderers
This is great!

I'll be playing this all night.. I may even record a bunch of it actually now that I think about it.. because if I saw a video of how this actually plays out I would've downloaded it a lot sooner.

A question: Is there a way to scan a zone's surface?

Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:29 am

I just came up with a cool idea, can you make purchase-able brain bots that we can use as infantry or maybe they could have special powers, like have a group of actors follow it. My idea was that you don't lose if they die but they're just special infantry. It would be cool if you could do that.

Suggestion two is that you can get out of your brain case and get inside of a brain-bot so you can do a mission with your brain?

Last edited by caleb1984 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:10 am

Well I made a video. Sadly right when it starts getting exciting (a mission on one of the MP3 low-grav maps vs. many Imperatus) I ran out of hard drive space. Some parts are sped up 600%, so you don't have to watch me mine for 20 minutes. Because it's just the beginning (attacking weak targets) and I don't have any AI mods, the combat is fairly drab.. but it does showcase what the mod is capable of, including getting boarded near the end.

I hope you don't mind that I made a vid, this mod is just awesome though.

Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:35 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Corpsey, no you can't scan you'll have to reveal all fog yourself, but just once.

caleb1984, almost everything you suggested already implemented in current development build :)

Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:41 pm

Also I noticed that the coalition light soldier and the compact assault rifle came up for purchase in the Trade Star stores even though I'm using a different faction.. but I'm not exactly sure why.
Is this just a default Trade Star thing?

Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:13 pm

You can buy stuff from other factions if your rep with them is high enough. :)

Ed: Passing thought for ships; maybe you could have Turrets as an optional upgrade for them? Ship size would determine the total number of turrets you could install, and they wouldn't count against the ship's Life Support limit. Upgrading your Turrets would spawn preplaced 'nodes' you could then select and use to buy+place a turret at that position.

Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:35 pm
Profile YIM
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Yeah, was thinking how to implement this and how to choose and buy different turrets. Player will probably have some movable turret hardpoints, and buy turrets for each hardpoint independently. You'll need to upgrade ship to increase turret count, but you won't be able to upgrade turrets, whatever you buy is yours.

Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:14 pm

Corpsey wrote:
Also I noticed that the coalition light soldier and the compact assault rifle came up for purchase in the Trade Star stores even though I'm using a different faction.. but I'm not exactly sure why.
Is this just a default Trade Star thing?

Units and weapons are available to you if you earn enough reputation for that faction.

Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:01 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

A small teaser of what's already done :twisted:

Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:56 pm

Mobile brain/commander? Nice. Turret nodes look good too, although those may not be the best placements...

Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:17 pm
Profile YIM

weegee wrote:

This is going to be great! Now I can be a commander, and not give 2 sh*ts of my ship defense ever again.

Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:02 am

weegee wrote:

Looking good! Can't wait for the update, as I plan to start my series on the mod when it arrives. :D

However, I do have a question, can you improve the height of the area where our units beam down on to the planet and back? Mainly because I have certain issues with some units when trying to get them to the cryochamber. Such as SAW's mech being too big for the area, leading to me having to mine a part of the ship so that I can get the mech in to the cryochamber. x3

If you do fix this problem, thanks! x)

Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:54 am
Profile WWW

weegee wrote:

Wow... simply... wow, I can't tell you how much I'm waiting for that update...

Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:10 am

can you make it easier to move large units to and from the teleportation room. I found a SAW guardian, I know it's cool, but it gets annoying when you have to take a huge mech to sell, but I can't because the Guardian is too big to move around.

Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:31 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Yeah, I'll redesign deployment decks a bit if you have so much trouble with them.

Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 22  Next