View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next
 Void Wanderers ( Updated - V131 ) 
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: Void Wanderers ( Updated - B118 )
Updated.

- Added Go To order to brain's PDA. When go to mode is on your brain will send nearby troops in sentry mode to it's own waypoint.
- Most officially supported factions are now loaded automagically. New World Industries is not loaded due to error in .lua file. IMWD is not loaded because faction files are outside of .rte folder. Everything else including W40K should work fine. VW will even detect what factions are enabled in W40K, if you're not using /**/ block commets to disable them. VW searches for faction files in specific locations inside faction's .rte folders, you don't need to copy or enable anything in Factions.cfg. But you can still handle everything the old way if you like.
- Now detects bad delta time and fixes it when started
- Some UI improvements. Key auto-repeat and endless lists.

Arcalane, I decided to release W40K auto load support now, because those superweapon paths are used only by UL2 and since it does not support autoloading yet there's nothing to worry about.

Report errors if any.

Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:34 pm

Any idea on the progress of fixing the Space Marine's faction names?

Edit: Also, Is there something wrong with S.H.I.E.L.D. Or Zealots? They're not available even though I have UniTec, S.H.I.E.L.D., and Zealots, and the latest VW update. :???:

Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:45 pm

caleb1984 wrote:

Edit: Also, Is there something wrong with S.H.I.E.L.D. Or Zealots? They're not available even though I have UniTec, S.H.I.E.L.D., and Zealots, and the latest VW update. :???:

Did you download the SPECIAL version of it?

Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:38 am

Epicnator wrote:
caleb1984 wrote:

Yes, of course I have, anything wrong with the special version?

Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:24 am

caleb1984 wrote:
Epicnator wrote:
caleb1984 wrote:

Yes, of course I have, anything wrong with the special version?

That's strange, well, I have that problem too so i just redownloaded the special version, no workie,

hellpp mee too,

Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:33 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Forgot to update UniTec link, download special UniTec again and it should work fine.

Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:44 am

caleb1984 wrote:

It's done, but it's not something weegee handles. I'll be releasing an update to the 40k Recomp in a couple of days.

Ed: Done for reals. I almost forgot to doublecheck the faction association on the bombs to make sure it'd work properly.

Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:46 am
Profile YIM

Am I the only one with an invisible PDA screen?

Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:48 pm

Erm... NWI doesn't seem to be working. I've enabled it in the CFG file and have the Lua file from it in there. HEALPPPP

Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:23 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Quote:
New World Industries is not loaded due to error in .lua file.

Here's the fixed version

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/174 ... ix.rte.zip

Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:42 pm

Ey... it works! Thanks!

Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:17 pm

I am speechless....
This is just....
just....
AMAZING! :0 LIKE, WHOA! HOLY CRAP!

Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:29 am

I've come back to playing CC after well over a year now. This is awesome and has a LOT of replay value!

This has probably already been answered, but does the level of faction tech you can buy relate to the reputation? Playing as SAW, I can still only get 2 basic weapons, 2 shields and some explosives and misc items. Also, does reputation affect the tech available on the black market?

One criticism I have is the player mining missions. In my opinion, the player should have to mine x amount of gold with their own units rather than mission-provided ones. This allows you to move at your own pace and set your guys up around where you're currently mining. The sheer number of miners that get dropped in cause a lot of lag and glitches, like random gibbing, and it's very confusing when you've suddenly got 10 extra guys who you can't coordinate. Sometimes the enemy will drop right on top of where they're mining too.

Also, every time you deploy I'd like to see if the player had to pilot a dropship/rocket in rather than the away team just being there. The ship could have an upgradeable craft storage too, starting with 2, max 4. Craft could be used to extract damaged units and return them to the ship before the mission is over (Called in via the menu where your troops usually spawn), however you need craft alive to return to the ship.
If all craft are destroyed during a mission, it should be possible to come back to that scene and rescue the units there later.
This, coupled with the Air Support mod with the Transport and Gunships would be awesome too (Is there even a 1.05 compatible version yet?).
For attacking enemy ships, incorporation of the above suggestion would be cool; You start with your transport with your units inside, outside the enemy ship's cargo bay. There'd be turrets defending the entrance and stuff. Other than the air support transport though, I don't know how you'd fight your way in there til the units are deployed.

Another criticism; The time to retaliate against enemy scouts attacking your ship is generally way too short, I scarcely have the time to get my brain in position as well as any other units to back it up. Personally I don't think it should be necessary to send your brain to the enemy ship either. Something else about this, your units start too close to the bottom-right staircase leading from the cargo bay, sometimes you start getting shot by units down that staircase before you have time to react.

Anyway, great bloody work on this, you've given me a great reason to keep playing CC.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:51 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Reputation determines which weapons you can buy at tradestar, and which missions you will be offered. Black markets don't care about your reputation, they just sell random powerfull weapons.

And thanks for your suggestions about missions, mayne some day I'll get back to this. Time for retaliation made short intentionally, but you can change it in Lib_Generic.lua, CF_ShipCounterattackDelay = 20

Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:40 pm

Thanks for that.

I thought you were still actively working on it by the fact you updated less than a month ago, but it stands as-is and I don't think anyone is gonna hold it against you if you don't, the CC community in general seems pretty dead.

I'm having trouble working out how to enable the different factions for use, it's been pretty much guesswork for me so far. Are the top 8 faction files listed in the .cfg the ones that are loaded?

Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next