View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 22  Next
 Void Wanderers ( Updated - V131 ) 
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: Void Wanderers
Haha, it probably uses some Lua to kill everything. I'll fix this in the next build, although I'm not sure when it will be released.

UPD:

On the other side it was easy to fix, try to redownload the latest version and tell me if it works fine.

Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:39 pm

Nope still broken, should be an image below if i didn't mess it up.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:59 pm

I have no idea what's up with that either. It's an issue in a couple of other scenarios as well unfortunately. :???: I expect using the flamethrowers would give roughly the same result(s).

Honestly the inferno bolt/flamer code probably needs overhauling at some point.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:16 pm
Profile YIM
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Oh, I've fixed only LZ, fixing those things will take more time :/ Meanwhile you can restore those actors by entering the save screen and then returning back to the game.

Arcalane, it probably attaches flame to actors which then sucks out their health via Lua or something like that, don't worry I'll just make VW to re-create those actors if they are dead.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:50 pm

Vexedshadow wrote:
Found a bug, if you get a w40k bolter and use the inferno bolts it sets fire to all the signs and things.
so if you use it on a planet for some reason it burns your return sign to death and looses the game.
:???:
not really sure what else to say.

I laughed.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:41 pm

weegee wrote:
Oh, I've fixed only LZ, fixing those things will take more time :/ Meanwhile you can restore those actors by entering the save screen and then returning back to the game.

Arcalane, it probably attaches flame to actors which then sucks out their health via Lua or something like that, don't worry I'll just make VW to re-create those actors if they are dead.

Yeah, from what I can tell, they basically create a sort of 'igniting' particle that looks like the fire-blob, and scans for any actors within a short distance. Said actors then get a flame object attached to their torso; this burning particle lasts for a set amount of time, and drains health over time based on the actor's mass: lower mass = faster burn (so dummies burn up faster than browncoats for example). The Inferno bolts just spawn a single incendiary particle as opposed to the jet from a flamethrower, and the Incendiary rockets/missiles/etc. spawn a small blob of igniting particles.

This would probably be an issue if using the DarkStorm flamethrowers as well, since they're what the code (and sprites) originally comes from. That's another thing I've been wanting to change. :(

The thing is, the scan distance must be bugging out somehow when faced with null-sprite objects or something. :???:

Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:56 pm
Profile YIM

EDIT: Please remove this comment!

Last edited by caleb1984 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:42 pm

-_-' I played it for a while, and at what reputation points you gain heavy weapons? >_>'

Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:10 pm

Plink, im confused about that to... can you give us a list of how much reputation is needed for the weapons and actors? That would be nice!

Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:13 pm

caleb1984 wrote:
Plink, im confused about that to... can you give us a list of how much reputation is needed for the weapons and actors? That would be nice!

Just check the research for the UL2 weapon research, the faction files for VW are also the ones for UL2.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:16 pm

halo117 wrote:
caleb1984 wrote:

Just check the research for the UL2 weapon research, the faction files for VW are also the ones for UL2.

Um, not for Bears Federation, am I doing something wrong? I already tried looking through that stuff and some Bears Fed. stuff requires 100 rep. And i got a lot more then that, but the actors and weapons are not unlocked...

Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:23 pm

Only 100? I think you're looking at the wrong values. What you probably want to look at are the UnlockData values, most of which will be 1k or more.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:26 pm
Profile YIM

You should make more ships too. with turrets, and ennemy ships attacking'n stuff

Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:32 pm

Arcalane wrote:
Only 100? I think you're looking at the wrong values. What you probably want to look at are the UnlockData values, most of which will be 1k or more.

I don't thing I'm doing anything wrong...?

Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:49 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Units with the same descriptions are considered the same and all duplicates are removed. That's the case with BF units, which are derived from 'BF Soldier'. I'll fix this somewhere in the future.

UPD:

BTW, BF suffers from another bug. Every time you create ST1 or ST2 you get one more set of their default weapons in their inventories. You can dro whatever you want with those spare weapons (like be a cheater and sell them), except you can't pick them up. The only fix I can think of is to disable BF at all, just like any other factions with pre-equipped weapons.

Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 22  Next